The Dutch And Friends Chat Corner!

honestly when i wore boots in the past they were heavy on my feet and made me tired. i didn't care for it.

I felt the exact same way until I wore my Danners everyday for a few weeks on vacation. Since then, I prefer them.

Ignoring the benefits they have for certain conditions (I don't take it you hike or fish or anything), I think they are sort of an acquired taste, maybe.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see tilt is working on ruining another thread.

Those movies have a setting. That setting is men. If you are a women (or a "sensitive" man), you can come into the room. But don't for a second think you are going to touch the thermostat. I'm setting

I didn't really get the boot thing either, tbh. It took me a long time. I got into the outdoors, and McGee always pimps Danners so hard that I bought some to go hiking.

I did not expect to find sincerity and romance in this thread. Thank you.

I did not expect to find sincerity and romance in this thread. Thank you.

Nestled amongst the fine, handmade leather footwear is a partnership that goes back a decade, kinder.

• Like 2

I felt the exact same way until I wore my Danners everyday for a few weeks on vacation. Since then, I prefer them.

Ignoring the benefits they have for certain conditions (I don't take it you hike or fish or anything), I think they are sort of an acquired taste, maybe.

Another day has passed, and another day to praise my danners. I wore danner work boots as an everyday (cold and wet weather) shoe for years, and they are durable as ****. I don't wear them quite as much as I used to, but I do when I'm hiking, or doing any kind of outdoor work at all.

Where they are of most value though, is in wet conditions. They keep your feet absolutely bone dry, in even the most extreme conditions. I stood in the Mediterranean with them on, and my feet didn't get even moist.

Today I was hiking along a bike trail outside of lincoln, and they have a parallel horse trail, that no one uses and gets more into the woods and whatnot, so I was walking along that, not the bike trail. So, the trail came to a small runoff creek, that the bike trail just bridged over , but the horse trail has to cross. It was too far to jump over, so I had to huck finn it. I took one step into it, and my foot sunk down into the mud a bit. I took a second step, and my foot sunk into the mud about 2 inches over my ankle. At this point, I backed out of it. I had a difficult time pulling my let boot out of the mud, but I made it. Feet completely dry. I wouldn't have even tried to cross this in a normal shoe or boot, I just would have turned back around. In Danner's, I'm fearless.

When I got home, I hosed them down and all the mud came off, and they look brand new. They are god's own boot. I can't imagine a prêt-à-porter boot being better than Danners, though I concede a custom boot is baller as **** and where I will take my boot game next.

Boots, as an everyday item, are great for me, because I have weak ankles and having them over the ankle is tremendous for me, as my ankles roll in running shoes all the time, and I have to wear nylon braces when I jog.

• Like 1

honestly when i wore boots in the past they were heavy on my feet and made me tired. i didn't care for it.

I get that, my danners certainly are heavy on the feet. But, you get used to it quickly, if you wear them often.. I also think a cowboy boot can be a fine dress boot/everyday boot, but you really have to commit to the look, to pull that off.

Yeah, for hiking, there isn't even a question for me. My danners are 100% waterproof (I've stood in streams, hiked in the rainforest, etc) without so much as a damp sock.

They are also great if you have much weight on your back. They just support you really well.

I get that, my danners certainly are heavy on the feet. But, you get used to it quickly, if you wear them often.. I also think a cowboy boot can be a fine dress boot/everyday boot, but you really have to commit to the look, to pull that off.

A) there is also a significant difference in weight between hiking boots and those dress boots. I think my mountain lights and Canadians are both in the five lbs. range, and my Whites are like half that.

B) I love the idea of SA becoming one of those cowboy attorneys.

Re: Danner vs. Whites:

Whites are insanely well made. Better than Danner? Maybe. But what exactly does that mean? They will last 17 hard years instead of 15? I don't really find them to be worse, other than that they aren't built around the exact shape of my foot. My advice is that if you want outdoor boots, save $200. Unless custom is important to you. Which it should be.

As for dressier boots, the ones Danner offers are not recraftable, which is what sent me to Whites in the first place.

• Like 1

Before I fell in love with Danners, I wore shit like Timberlands and Doc Martins. They can't touch Danners, imo. My first pair lasted me literally 10 years, and I still use it if I'm doing particularly messy work, or working with salt in the winter.

Those whites are a good looking boot. I was going to get a pair of rancourt shell cordovan (http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/men-s/shell-cordovan/blake-boot-color-8-shell-cordovan.html) because I like the idea of wearing them while riding a horse to remind them I am the master of their domain. I think I might have to go with a pair of whites instead. Plus, I'm easily influenced and Dutch has that devil-may-care attitude that gets me.

• Like 2

You can have basically any sole you want. I went leather, personally. Google also gives a better idea what they look like:

DSC_3407.jpg

These are some stylish flippin boots. I hated the boot that was linked but this is scalpel sharp.

Those whites are a good looking boot. I was going to get a pair of rancourt shell cordovan (http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/men-s/shell-cordovan/blake-boot-color-8-shell-cordovan.html) because I like the idea of wearing them while riding a horse to remind them I am the master of their domain. I think I might have to go with a pair of whites instead. Plus, I'm easily influenced and Dutch has that devil-may-care attitude that gets me.

Those boots look great, and that horse angle is amazing. But in all honesty, 700$ for an off the rack boot seems like poor value. I've bought a pair of off the rack ostrich shoes, and they just collect dust. Maybe those shoes are way better in some way I don't understand, but shoe quality's biggest bottleneck is the fit. I think custom is the only way to go, >$400

These are some stylish flippin boots. I hated the boot that was linked but this is scalpel sharp.

I think what you saw was a banner at the top, maybe? Like this?

image_58686.jpg

I'm in a wedding end of June where the groomsmen are all expected to wear work-boots. (I told y'all I'm a hick).

I was just gong to wear my red wings but I'm probably going to Minneapolis in a few weeks. I might get a pair ordered then and then I'll have them in plenty of time for that wedding and then my boots will probably be worth more and last longer than some of the cars that people will drive to said wedding.

Yep, very Rocky Horror Picture Show.

It's not a fashion thing, that's what logging boots look like. Not sure what the function of that heel is, but it's the flagship boot style of any serious Cascadian boot maker, so I'm sure it does something.

• Like 1

It's not a fashion thing, that's what logging boots look like. Not sure what the function of that heel is, but it's the flagship boot style of any serious Cascadian boot maker, so I'm sure it does something.

Tree climbing. I don't mean like hippy climbing, I mean industrial logging

what need do i have for boots?

Looking good, feeling good, etc.

so none, really

yeah I had actually considered buying some logging boots to wear when I go out cutting wood, but they just look so damn gay. just couldn't do it. those whites are nice though.

Tree climbing. I don't mean like hippy climbing, I mean industrial logging

Interesting.

Shake, if you want something for going out and chopping up some firewood for w/e, I think either Danner or Whites workboots would be ideal. The ones I got are low, thin and light in comparison.

If you don't want custom, these might be a good choice: http://www.danner.com/boots/bull-run-brown.html

I think what you saw was a banner at the top, maybe? Like this?

image_58686.jpg

i feel those boots are about a quarter inch of sole/heel away from having a suicide girl in them.

or

nice boots. do they come with the strap on the domme they're for is gonna wear?

i feel those boots are about a quarter inch of sole/heel away from having a suicide girl in them.

or

nice boots. do they come with the strap on the domme they're for is gonna wear?

There is nothing kinkier than the plight of deforestation.

I feel you guys don't have a very good grasp of either fetish wear, or logging gear

Yeah, it's kind of tilting me tbh. It's like if I linked the Home Depot site to show off my new slop sink, and everyone just fixated on how funny ball peen look and how terrible they'd be for pulling nails.

The heel does look odd but I can tell you that firefighters, construction workers, loggers etc.... love these boots. My friends dad had a pair of those built for himself. He was in his early 60's and had been in construction until retirement and had really bad back pain. In those boots the pain went away. I know several people that have said the same, there's just something about the support and angle you stand with them on that takes pressure off the back. Their boots are these http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30278