1. 1. What TV show should I watch next?

• Dexter
    • Game of Thrones
    • Mad Men
    • Sons of Anarchy
    • The Shield
    • The Wire
    • Other

I've never had it. I'm actually going to a liquor store now. If they have it, I'll pick up a bottle.

EDIT: Pretty much everything from Buffalo Trace is good, so far as I know, and I just saw they make Elmer

I think they may make Eagle Rare too.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i cant wait until next week when GOV is all like i dont even get why mcnulty is on the show.

The blood bank

baskets took a few episodes to get its see-legs, then was overall pretty good to very good.

Drats. No luck. My corner was a bit of a longshot anyway, but I'll try one of the real places tomorrow or Wednesday. There's a great joint one town over that has seven aisles of liquor, and more scotches than I'll be able to try in a lifetime and every bourbon I've ever heard of. I get my Buffalo Trace, there, so I imagine they carry the rest of their bottles.

Tonight, two fingers of Pappy 15, and at least half a bottle of Elijah Craig 12 while I watch the pilot of The Wrong Mans, which I've heard reasonably good things about

Your list looks like my all-time top list for some reason :)

If you haven't seen any of them and you have all the time in the world, watch Dexter. You'll blow through all 8 seasons in a week, it is that good. If you don't have all the time in the world, watch Game of Thrones since you've only got 3 seasons to blow a week on.

Welp, that cinches it....

b65jN.jpg

CINCHES IT... GET IT? WACKA WACKA

I thought you would feel your pants move with the red headed lawyer in season 2.

The thing I like best about Givens character is he's not usually the smartest person on the screen. I think all of his co-workers are smarter, and so are Boyd and Ava.

WHO ARE YOU?

You can't watch Sons of Anarchy, you don't objectify the attractive mean red head lawyer, and now you're defending the IQ level of a good looking white man.

Go play with your Thomas Kincaide paint by numbers.

WHO ARE YOU?

You can't watch Sons of Anarchy, you don't objectify the attractive mean red head lawyer, and now you're defending the IQ level of a good looking white man.

Go play with your Thomas Kincaide paint by numbers.

I was just pointing out that Ellen May is impossibly dumb.

I do love the idea of being super into Kincade, though. I saw a 20/20 or 60 minutes or something about him when I was a kid, and it was half about nuts who have closets full of his paintings because there isn't enough wall space in their McMansions to hang them all, and half about the poor art students who he exploits at minimum wage to paint over his prints to give them texture, and both of those things were amazing to me.

The thing that I love about the late great TK is what a nasty terrible drunk he turned out to be. He's a millionaire, he designed his own tacky ass subdivision, and one afternoon he's in a bar, and gets so stupid drunk and argumentative when he falls off his bar stool and can't get up, they call the cops on him.

That guy was a diiiiiccccckkkk.

The thing that I love about the late great TK is what a nasty terrible drunk he turned out to be. He's a millionaire, he designed his own tacky ass subdivision, and one afternoon he's in a bar, and gets so stupid drunk and argumentative when he falls off his bar stool and can't get up, they call the cops on him.

That guy was a diiiiiccccckkkk.

He was God. He was the James Patterson of painting.

I hope you

Almost done with Justified already, embarrassingly.

Decoy is a great episode. Oswalt is a horrible actor who takes me out of the show.

I can only hope you love "Decoy" as much as I do. I truly believe it is among the greatest episodes of television ever filmed.

I'll skip everything before the title sequence, because all of that is too easy, except to say, I absolutely love the way Boyd enunciates.

-----

The entire Decoy caravan is brilliant

Gutterson: "For all I know I'm having a full blown PTSD episode."

You get those a lot?

Gutterson [dryly] "Only when I'm handling firearms in public."

Gutterson: "PULL UP BEHIND US AND STAY OFF THE GOD DAMN RADIO."

This entire conversation between Gutterson and Rhodes is perfect television. It's one of the many reasons why I love this episode so, so much:

- TIM GUTTERSON: Hello, Bagram.

- COLTON RHODES: Well, hello, Deputy Dawg.

-Am I right in saying that you were in the sandbox before Afghanistan?

-I am a double winner. Is that why you called, to ask me that?

-Oh, why? You busy?

-I am in the middle of something.

-All right, I'll make it quick. I'm writing a book set in Iraq. There's a chapter where a convoy of military police is transporting a criminal, and Lieutenant Dan... He's our main guy, he gets a bad feeling.

-Forrest Gump.

-Huh?

-There's a Lieutenant Dan in Forrest Gump.

-Oh, shit. You're right. I'll change it. Lieutenant Colt.

-I would like a young Gerard Depardieu to play me in the movie. I'm honored.

-Well, you should be. He's a big guy, real badass... Or he was. He's kind of losing his grip. When we meet him, he's lost someone. He started using dope that he confiscated.

-Yeah, but then we find out that he's kicked again. And anyone who thinks he's in any way diminished is in for a big surprise.

-Yeah, but he's the kind of character might say he's kicked, but we all know he's just one broken shoelace away from saying "screw it" and picking up again.

-How about you have him go into a bar and pick a fight with some rangers, and he sends a couple of them to the hospital?

-It's not a fantasy. Anyway, he gets a bad feeling when they pass an abandoned vehicle,sees a second and a third, so he's thinking IEDs triggered by cell. You ever come across anything like that?

-Me, personally? No. But I did hear about this one convoy, couple of Frankensteins and a gun truck on Highway 10. So, the spotter, he calls a halt between the first two cars, thinking the hajis will blow the second if it moves forward, and the first if it tries to go back.

-Well, how'd they get out of it?

-Yeah, they didn't. Because they were too afraid to move, they just sat there in their vehicles, pissing and shitting in their helmets, too afraid to toss it out the windows on account of possible snipers. Then they ran out of food. They started eating each other till there was only one left, and he blew his brains out. Do you want to know the sad part?

-Oh, there's a sad part?

-Yeah. Because they were so afraid to move, they never found out whether or not the cars had explosives. So basically, they all died from being pussies.

That's one of the best scenes ever, but as much as I love it, the episode would still be great without it.

Anybody who doesn't love the YOLO/Sweeney scene, **** you Sklansky, is just a sourpuss.

- Drew? The doctor on TV?

- I'm a say... like Nancy Drew?

- I wanna tell you, I know, Jesus, Drew, Drew, ach, Drewbacca, Drewbacca

- Drewlala!

- Ahhhhh! Drew, Drew, Drew, Drew, Drewmama!

- Drew, ugggggghhhh, Drewsutania, Drewsutania, Drewsutania......

I really like Boyd when he storms the school.

"Raylan, I was the one enamored of space flight..."

"Why don't you just hand over Drew Thompson to these... well, I won't say nice...but, people."

I also love when Raylan takes a stand, because he is so cool and I wish I were as cool as him.

"Well first off, I ain't handin' over anyone or, generally speakin', doing anything either of you say. And secondly, perhaps more important, youo two come any further, you're gonna have a bad afternoon. It's just the two of you? Whyontcha come back when you got a few more guys. Meantime, I'll be upstairs. You want to continue this conversation? I won't be too tough to find."

Then, Mike O'Malley and Ava. Dicks, dicks, dicks. "You must be good at that machine, because it's hard to get something."

And then, I like that Raylan says,

"Hold your fire. He's right."

I think Raylan, as much as he's obviously trying to save his and Bob's life, he knows he's helping Boyd, too. He heard that whole conversation, and it would be easy enough to let Boyd get killed by the Detroiters for not breaking the door, or to at least let the situation escalate until it's LIKELY he dies. But, instead, Raylan ensures there's no bloodshed.

Great TV

I felt like a lot of the Colt/Tim plotline was forced, both leading up to and following Decoy, but Decoy was such a payoff that it's worth it. I think Tim has most of what I like about Raylan, but without the things I don't. He's can get buckets off the bench when the show needs them.

Even as the show's gotten legit good around him, I'll never forget that Boyd is the only reason I stuck around, and the only reason I let Ava worm her way into my heart before she

became a murder-happy, abusive pimp

. I'm interested to see what kind of developments up next for him.

Coke empire? Disproportionate revenge? Whose to say.

Watched a few episodes of Orphan Black. It's okayish. Very visually impressive though (one actress plays a ton of different characters who all constantly interact with each other, and it's almost completely believable, visually).

It's kind of like Lost, but in Canada and also there's all these doppelgangers. But the same sort of eyeroll cliffhangers and cheesy dialog and "spooky" mysteries.

Really? I wanted to love Orphan Black and have been waiting for the DVD.

The only show I'm watching week to week now is The Good Wife. (It's super, super good.)

On Justified, I want Rachel to have a kick ass episode, and lots of things with Wynn Duffy plotting nefarious, and then getting physical retribution. I wish they hadn't killed of Mags, I think she's one of the best protagonist/female characters in years.

Really? I wanted to love Orphan Black and have been waiting for the DVD.

It's definitely not terrible, and the main actress does a pretty phenomenal job at playing a number of different characters. It started off pretty good but then got a bit cliched and obvious, but I only made it through 5 of the 10 episodes. I still might go back to it.

It may have been a let down because I too wanted to love it. I did like it okay though, you should definitely check it out.