Wsop Europe Event 8 - €25,600 High Roller - Daniel Wins Bracelet

Jason Koon Eliminated in 7th Place (€63,500)

Hand #65

Daniel Negreanu limped for 24,000 and Jason Koon moved all in for 394,000 in the seat behind him. David Peters called from the blinds and Negreanu folded.

Peters: A A

Koon: A K

The flop was Q J 4 and Koon picked up a straight draw to give him a chance.

The 5 was a proverbial blank on the turn.

The 8 came on the river and Jason Koon was knocked out in 7th place.

Scott Seiver Eliminated in 6th Place (€74,600)

Daniel Negreanu raised to 54,000 and Scott Seiver raised all in for 415,000 from the big blind.

Negreanu said, “I have suited cards, I call.”

Seiver: A J

Negreanu: K Q

The flop came 7 3 7 and Negreanu said, “That's boring.”

The turn was the 2 and Seiver was still ahead.

The Q came on the river and Negreanu eliminated Seiver in a pot worth around 800,000. Negreanu moved back over the million chip mark as a result.

Timothy Adams Eliminated 5th Place (€100,600)

Hand #98

Timothy Adams raised all in under the gun for 78,000 chips and Daniel Negreanu called from the big blind.

Negreanu: 9 5

Adams: Q 8

The board ran out 3 K 3 T 9 and Adams was knocked out in fifth place.

David Peters Eliminated in 4th Place (€150,500)

Hand #128

Daniel Negreanu raised to 80,000 from the button and Nicolau Villa-Lobos three-bet to 230,000 from the small blind. David Peters four-bet all in from the big blind and Negreanu folded immediately.

Villa-Lobos snap-called and the showdown went as following.

Villa-Lobos: A Q

Peters: T T

The board ran out Q 4 7 K K and Peters was knocked out in fourth place.

Philipp Gruissem Eliminated in 3rd Place (€250,000)

Hand #150

Daniel Negreanu raised to 100,000 on the button. Philip Gruissem moved all in and Negreanu made the call.

Gruissem: A 4

Negreanu: A J

The board came J 9 6 6 8 and Philipp Gruissem was eliminated in third leaving Negreanu with a 2:1 chip lead against Nicolau Villa-Lobos.

congrats on your win and the poy race wtg

Daniel Negreanu Wins WSOPE High Roller (€725,000)

CroppedImage180320-WSOP-Bracelet-Winner-Daniel-Negreanu2013-WSOP-EuropeEV0725K-NLH-High-RollerFinal-TableGiron8JG3442.JPG

Daniel Negreanu with his sixth bracelet.

After a long day of battling against some of the best players in the world it was Daniel Negreanu who came out victorious.

Earlier today Negreanu locked up the World Series of Poker Player of the Year title for the second time since having previously won it in 2004.

In April Negreanu won the WSOP APAC Main Event and today he won his second bracelet of the year and his sixth total tying him with Layne Flack, TJ Cloutier and Jay Heimowitz.

He took home €725,000 for his victory today and that’s just over a million dollars boosting his career earnings to $19.5 million.

At the final table Negreanu dueled long and hard with Philip Gruissem but ultimately the German pro was knocked out in third place. In the heads-up match Negreanu was the clear favorite with decades of experience on his poker resume. Negreanu grinded down Nicolau Villa-Lobos before ultimately knocking him out with jacks versus fives.

So he's ready to settle down and have little Daniels' running around the house?

I assume this means he's found someone since people can't really do that by themselves. Did the Life Center set him up with a breeder? That seems like something a well run cult should do with a successful fully integrated member.

I saw the live stream from beginning to end. OMG ... talk about going from zero-to-hero. POY for the WSOP was the goal, sure, but that done, every one of the players at that table appeared to be on the menu for DN. Thoroughly entertaining and I hope that they make the live stream public at least to this site because this is definitely worth seeing again. Congrats.

I had to go back and watch the archive video to see the win. Congrats to you Daniel, I am proud of you and proud to be a long time member of your forum. I am glad to see the evolution of your character over the last ten years. Its good to win the money but I think your life goals are more of what you are after now. Good job man. If your new lady friend is going to stick around then I wish you guys the best in life. .... when you get home , take your dog for a walk.