2014 Big One For One Drop - Daniel Finished 2Nd For $8,288,001

To be clear, when a business man's race is not specified, are we to assume he is an Anglo? Are we grouping Jews separately?

Are or we to assume said Asian businessman requested his race to be included in his description? If so, some serious meta-game going on..

• Like 1
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does Daniel still follow that "no deals" philosophy? Brutal time to put that into practice.   Also, sick Keith Crime cameo in this thread.

A guy who looks like that, sitting in the biggest game in the place, should be assumed to be an unstoppable machine.

idiots

I didn't realize John Juanda was still considered a fearsome poker player.

I think Juanda is considered one of the good old school that adapted (Seidel, Esfandiari etc.). I think a lot of people labelled as old school that are smart are either lazy or not actually that smart. Someone like DN was a loser in the 'new school' originally, but worked on his game etc. and now I think is a favourite in most fields.

Say what you want about Dolly, but I've never seen someone who once Won like he did take so little time to figure out that their time has passed. I remember even as long ago as HSP he was mostly playing slow and looking for his spots, not like a man who was there to be the Man. Knowing how good you are is a skill that's generally reserved for people who are consistently in need of that information. But Dolly just always had it. What a Winner.

Yeah have to say I'm such a big fan of Doyles. Isn't delusional thinking he's one of the best players in the world still, and it's probably that very quality that means he's still a winner in today's games. Also doesn't have the ego to need to make some excuse for not playing. Not having $1mil to gamble on a poker tournament is reason enough.

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the players get to claim the charity tax credit for the 111K donation or does that go to Caesar's?

Not sure on that one

He plays in, and by all accounts does very well in, the Macao game.

I don't think anybody considers him a soft spot in pretty much any game

Does anyone know if the players get to claim the charity tax credit for the 111K donation or does that go to Caesar's?

Not certain of this but my instincts say yes. If the receipt for the buy-in clearly states that the 111k is going to a qualified charity then I would view it as a viable tax deduction

If you have doubt on any tax issue, you can request from the IRS a formal written ruling on a tax matter before hand. Not sure if this an option in Canada