Ept Barcelona Ruling In 10K Event

When you are talking about a large fanship are you talking about all poker fans, or just poker fans who post on Internet forums? Because if we are talking about all poker fans... how many times will you walk in a poker room anywhere in the world and hear the name Todd Witteles? Or even poker fans who are on the Internet but don't post on poker forums (for example people who troll poker player twitter accounts) how much do we hear about Todd Witteles? I will give him his popularity among poker forums, but outside of that, he isn't anywhere near DN

I'm aware of Todd Witteles and I know he does try and do a lot to help the game (especially with the UB scandal), but to compare him in any way with Negreanu just seems off to me.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You tilted Dutch into a level 1 post. You win the internet this night, King Tanner

You came in here and wrote 5 of the most boring paragraphs ever formed in English, specifically to troll DN, and We're the trolls. Get serious with your life.

Throwing your chips away for that mistake is a bit silly but what do i know - [edited because I was in a bad mood]

Worth it to take a stand and make a point

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 4h

Just rebought in the Barcelona high roller and shipped all in first hand! Had 99 picked up 8k dead money. #BackontheGrind

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 1h

Ended day 1 of EPT Barcelona high roller 50,400 come back tomorrow to 1k-2k blinds.

EPT10 Barcelona: The High Roller explosions of Daniel Negreanu, Gerard Piqué and Ole Schemion

hey BigDMcGee keep me out of it lol.

I may be a fan of DN however it does not mean I approve of everything he does.

Is the original rule wrong , yes

Is it easy misinterpreted, yes

did DN handle the situation in an appropriate way or fashion, perhaps not,

Do I agree with his overreacting and the way he forfeited the game , NO but again its his life ,his decision to screw it up as he wants.

hey BigDMcGee keep me out of it lol.

I may be a fan of DN however it does not mean I approve of everything he does.

Is the original rule wrong , yes

Is it easy misinterpreted, yes

did DN handle the situation in an appropriate way or fashion, perhaps not,

Do I agree with his overreacting and the way he forfeited the game , NO but again its his life ,his decision to screw it up as he wants.

He didn't forfeit. That Ace usually hits. God was just punishing him

Throwing 10k away as a protest is that honestly proving a point or is it just be generous to the person who called :)

damn if he wants throw 10k away pls throw it my way lol.

just wondering how many brain cells did he lose during the hair transplant

• Like 1

His 2nd post did

lol the point of that post was to point out the fact that maybe a member of a fan site that's now down to like 7 fans shouldn't be taking shit about a second player's post-decline popularity. Particularly when that second player emerged as the clear albeit unlikely victor in a big online poker power struggle and has a strange cult following.

Druff may be the nut low, but there are more people interested in his insane soapboxes about making the working poor cry to get a free submarine sandwich or w/e than there are interested in hearing DN soapbox about tilting off 10K euros over an ante.

32. At Your Seat - A player must be at his or her seat when the dealer delivers the first card off of the deck in order to have a live hand. Dealers are instructed to muck the hands of players not at their seats immediately after the final card is dealt to the button, or in Stud Games, the final up card is dealt on third street. Players must be at their seats to call time. “At your seat” is defined as being within reach of your chair. In case of doubt, Floor decision is final.

Why not just roll your seat with you as you step away / go to the bathroom? The rule states how close you need to be to your seat, not how close your seat needs to be to the table.

-J

• Like 1

lol the point of that post was to point out the fact that maybe a member of a fan site that's now down to like 7 fans shouldn't be taking shit about a second player's post-decline popularity. Particularly when that second player emerged as the clear albeit unlikely victor in a big online poker power struggle and has a strange cult following.

Druff may be the nut low, but there are more people interested in his insane soapboxes about making the working poor cry to get a free submarine sandwich or w/e than there are interested in hearing DN soapbox about tilting off 10K euros over an ante.

And my point was regardless of who's website gets more traffic DN is one of the most famous poker players in the world and nobody gives a crap about Dan Druff or the website you are talking about, except the people who post there.

And what big online poker struggle? DN is the face of pokerstars and Dan Druff has a website with slightly more posters than FCP, is it really comparable? And what's the point of even bringing it up

And are you referring to me as a fan? I really don't post that much here anymore, I don't rep a certain poker forum, I'm just pointing out the obvious. Walk in any poker room in the world and you will hear DN's name. Dan Druff isn't more popular because his site has 30 posters and FCP has 5

And my point was regardless of who's website gets more traffic DN is one of the most famous poker players in the world and nobody gives a crap about Dan Druff or the website you are talking about, except the people who post there.

And what big online poker struggle? DN is the face of pokerstars and Dan Druff has a website with slightly more posters than FCP, is it really comparable? And what's the point of even bringing it up

And are you referring to me as a fan? I really don't post that much here anymore, I don't rep a certain poker forum, I'm just pointing out the obvious. Walk in any poker room in the world and you will hear DN's name. Dan Druff isn't more popular because his site has 30 posters and FCP has 5

I'm going to recap, because I'm starting to get lost in your web of obliviousness and I want to make sure everyone is on the same page:

1) DN tilted off 10K Euros, and tried to spin it like a big moral stand, in the form of a pedantic rant.

2) I, noticing this reality, and noticing this form was similar to the way Druff rants on about his little pedantic ethical stands, made a hilarious post.

3) You made a comment objecting to my mentioning the name of someone who used to be poker-famous but now isn't, citing that this isn't 2005.

4) I, finding this to be a hilarious misread, and also ironic given that we are at this very minute posting on a forum that's even more dead than his, made fun of you.

5) You continued on a one-man mission to prove that Daniel is more famous than Todd Whittles.

This is what's happening, right? Am I misreading something or is this not completely surreal?

• Like 3

I'm going to recap, because I'm starting to get lost in your web of obliviousness and I want to make sure everyone is on the same page:

1) DN tilted off 10K Euros, and tried to spin it like a big moral stand, in the form of a pedantic rant.

2) I, noticing this reality, and noticing this form was similar to the way Druff rants on about his little pedantic ethical stands, made a hilarious post.

3) You made a comment objecting to my mentioning the name of someone who used to be poker-famous but now isn't, citing that this isn't 2005.

4) I, finding this to be a hilarious misread, and also ironic given that we are at this very minute posting on a forum that's even more dead than his, made fun of you.

5) You continued on a one-man mission to prove that Daniel is more famous than Todd Whittles.

This is what's happening, right? Am I misreading something or is this not completely surreal?

1) you mentioned Dan Druff

2) I attempted to make a joke about it being 2005 because Dan Druff isn't relevant at all in 2013

3) you make some sort of comment about Dan Druff's website doing better than here.

4) Im trying to argue that it doesn't matter who's website does better, DN is famous, Dan Druff is a nobody.

5) you keep making comments about this forum being dead, which doesn't have anything to do with my comment about it being 2005 or the relevancy of Dan Druff. And now we are going back and forth not understanding each other

That is how I'm seeing things. Guess I'm crazy

• Like 1

:icon_silenced:

I mean I see that you are attempting to make me look like an idiot... But you made a comment about Witteles winning an online poker struggle. What exactly did he win? Did he win something because all the FCP regs don't post here anymore? I know where they post and it definitely isn't on Dan Druff's site, so yes the majority of the things you have said don't have to do with the original discussion and don't make sense to me, so I'm an idiot. I can live with that.

King Tanner Won the internet, and he gave it away like garbage. And that's what he is, the king of refuse. So bow down to him if you want, bow down to him. Bow down to the king of slime, the king of filth, the king of putrescence.

Boo... BOOO!!

Rubbish, Filth, Slime, Muck!

Boo..BOO... BOOOOOOOO!!!

• Like 1

King Tanner Won the internet, and he gave it away like garbage. And that's what he is, the king of refuse. So bow down to him if you want, bow down to him. Bow down to the king of slime, the king of filth, the king of putrescence.

Boo... BOOO!!

Boo..BOO... BOOOOOOOO!!!

See now I know I'm losing since BigD is now involved

Boo... BOOO!!

Boo..BOO... BOOOOOOOO!!!

If you are feeding him lines to tilt me with, you'd better hope I don't find out.