• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

I am also amazed at how we havent seen a crash, or at least a serious correction. Some people have been predicting it for years, but it just hasnt happened, and maybe wont ever happen.

But buying a condo now and hoping to flip it before closing for a huge profit(like it was done for a while) , not sure that we will see a lot of it.

Oh and Zach..Hate to be depressing but, I sit down with young couples all the time and I KNOW FOR A FACT 50 percent of them will call me within 5 years to say, they need help because they are getting a divorce. Most people think they are good 5-10-20 years, and circumstances change..Failed marriage, more kids, job relocation etc.

I get this call all the time..Its great for business, but I hate it everytime I get it...

This is so so true and devastating. No one expects to move, get divorced, etc...but how many people go through their first 5 years of a situation like that without a major change? 50% is probably a fair number, and many of those people are risking a big loss on losing their land transfer/legal fees, a hurried sale price or bank break fees by selling out early.

The whole RRSP first time home buyers thing is not really THAT great...Its great if you have no other money and all your money is in RRSPs..

Because you are just BORROWING from your RRSP, as that money has to be replaced over 15 years. But yeah it is an incentive..

We actually advise SOME clients to take out an RRSP loan, put the money into an RRSP and take it out right away..You get the immediate tax saving..The money has to stay in for 90 days.

I agree with this - just meant that it is enough incentive that young people should put their money in there rather than buying a house since that way it is 'locked in' in the same way paying a mortgage forces you to save, while also not being stuck for what most people's next big purchase is.

Do the middle easterns have all the money in this city? I've yet to work a party for white people. They've all been from Persia or wherever else I can stereotype. (All amazing people fwiw).

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/list-and-rankings/top-10-richest-people-in-toronto/?gallery_page=1#gallery_top

Top 10 richest people in Toronto

10. Gerry Schwartz & Heather Reisman

10. Gerry Schwartz (71) and Heather Reisman (64)

Worth: $1.69B, +4.1%

Overall rank: 39

Toronto, Onex Corp., Indigo Books & Music Ltd.

9. Reichmann family

9. Reichmann family

Worth: $1.94B, +6.1%

Overall rank: 30

Toronto, Reichmann International Development Corp., Reichmann Seniors Housing Development Corp.

8. Slaight family

8. Slaight family

Worth: $1.97B, +2.8%

Overall rank: 28

Toronto, Standard Broadcasting Corp.

7. Mitchell Goldhar

7. Mitchell Goldhar, 51

Worth: $2.1B, +28%

Overall rank: 25

Toronto, SmartCentres Inc., Calloway REIT

6. Wallace McCain family

6. Wallace McCain family

Worth: $2.84B, +14.9%

Overall rank: 18

Toronto, McCain Foods Ltd., Maple Leaf Foods Inc.

5. Barry Sherman

5. Barry Sherman, 70

Worth: $3.3B, 0%

Overall rank: 13

Toronto, Apotex Group of Cos.

4. Carlo Fidani

4. Carlo Fidani, 58

Worth: $3.6B, +13.5%

Overall rank: 9

Toronto, Orlando Corp.

3. Rogers family

3. Rogers family

Worth: $6.41B, +8%

Overall rank: 4

Toronto, Rogers Communications Inc.

2. Galen Weston

2. Galen Weston, 72

Worth: $8.2B, +3%

Overall rank: 2

Toronto, George Weston Ltd., Loblaw Cos. Ltd., Holt Renfrew

1. Thomson family

1. Thomson family

Worth: $20.1B, -5.7%

Overall rank: 1

Toronto, Thomson Reuters, Woodbridge Co. Ltd.

Do the middle easterns have all the money in this city? I've yet to work a party for white people. They've all been from Persia or wherever else I can stereotype. (All amazing people fwiw).

Persians who are from Iran are very prominent.

I deal with them on a day to day basis.

about time

he qualified it by saying, only in a drunken stupor..

This is getting funnier by the day..Yet sad also...

"Yes I get drunk, yes i smoked crack" but I am not an addict.

Sigh..I tried to give the mayor the benefit of the doubt, but i think its time to step down.

And he pretty much says its because his alcoholism is out of control.

But who cares, he's the face of a group of politicans who has been saving taxpayer money, so its all good.

See yesterday he said, yes I made mistakes..Yes I got drunk, but I am not an addict.

Well if your drunken stupor, makes you do crack, you have a problem my friend.

I wonder how many people out there will believe his bs and that he did it just the one time, and he doesnt remember, and bla bla bla.....

What a shame.

Obviously he is going to sell it as yes, there is the video of me smoking crack cocaine, the one time I tried..In a drunken stupor.

Its bad and makes our city look really stupid.

While I dont agree with Ford and his addictions, I am also against the Toronto media right now basically high fiving and celebrating this today.

I am also against the Toronto media right now basically high fiving and celebrating this today.

If it wasn't for the media, you would never know our Mayor was a constant drunk and a crack cocaine user.

And a lot of these people have been harassed by Ford and his team, and been called liars for months. I think they have some right for vindication today. (not that I see anyone

high-fiving, or celebrating, Im not sure where your getting that from)

Doug Ford asked the police chief to step aside today. A councillor asked a police chief to step aside. What a disgrace these people are, and what a black mark on the city that there will still be people defending these buffoons.

If it wasn't for the media, you would never know our Mayor was a constant drunk and a crack cocaine user.

And a lot of these people have been harassed by Ford and his team, and been called liars for months. I think they have some right for vindication today. (not that I see anyone

high-fiving, or celebrating, Im not sure where your getting that from)

Doug Ford asked the police chief to step aside today. A councillor asked a police chief to step aside. What a disgrace these people are, and what a black mark on the city that there will still be people defending these buffoons.

Watching CP 24..Two media types basically said "its a great day for the Toronto Media, a day we have been waiting for"

I do agree with what you are saying sure, but the media has gone a bit too far with this..

Last question a reporter asked : "Mayor, are you drunk right now"

I think I would watch a movie based on the life of Rob Ford.

I am pretty sure that will happen one day.

One of my favourite comics, Artie Lange...Would make a great Rob Ford.

So his defence:

"I do not use crack cocaine"

"I am not addicted to crack cocaine"

Apparently doesnt equal I tried crack cocaine on one occasion.

The term Clinton esque has popped up...

Surprising... no one?

I think the way it happened is pretty shocking.

It was in a media scrum..Not a press conference..He just blurted it out..

I am not sure who he is getting advice from, but its not very good.

I am ashame to say this

I voted for rob ford

I'm not ashamed to say that I voted for him.

The fact that I did just shows how horrible the municipal politicians in Toronto are. He still has done a better job as mayor than David Miller did. I hope he steps down and doesn't run again and we get an adult like John Tory running again.

The total lack of self awareness of him and his Brother is pretty amazing. Doug going after the Police Chief the last couple days is just so laughably stupid.

I'm not ashamed to say that I voted for him.

The fact that I did just shows how horrible the municipal politicians in Toronto are. He still has done a better job as mayor than David Miller did. I hope he steps down and doesn't run again and we get an adult like John Tory running again.

The total lack of self awareness of him and his Brother is pretty amazing. Doug going after the Police Chief the last couple days is just so laughably stupid.

yes the job he has done is very good. I thought the city needed a guy like ford. I like how he coached a high school football team and he made everyone accountable on finances. On his brother having the total disrespect on Blair is just stupid