Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

I do t care if they do anything for you. You claimed that it wasn't as healthy and I showed you an example. I can show more. It's been you know like written up by people that places like Arby's and Taco Bell have healthier options than the 19 fast food joints you claim are better. When I go there I get a taco supreme and burrito supreme. But there are much healthier options.

They have fresh ground beef. As with all fast food it's higher fat content beef since fat makes beef taste good. Who fries beef? They cook it in a pan add water and sauce mix (that you can even buy in a store) and stir and cook it no differently than you would at home making tacos. Curious what other weird ways there are that you're thinking of.

With beans they take actual real live pinto beans and throw them in a pressure cooker for hours.

Browning is a better word, but I was more asking if it is actual "raw" ground beef, or if it already comes brown, and by "cooking" it, you basically just meant heating it again. How is the beef stored after being cooked?

Also, I could go to McDonalds and get water. Healthier "options" are pointless if that's not what we're getting.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

Beefy 5 layer burrito, burrito supreme, 2 steak soft tacos all have less calories/fat than a Big Mac. I actually found that interesting.

Many, many things have less calories than a burger featuring three huge pieces of enriched white bread and a big glob of thousand island dressing.

Fun fact - I've eaten exactly one Big Mac in my life, and that was only because the girl at the window screwed up my order and I didn't feel like going back.

Many, many things have less calories than a burger featuring three huge pieces of enriched white bread and a big glob of thousand island dressing.

Fun fact - I've eaten exactly one Big Mac in my life, and that was only because the girl at the window screwed up my order and I didn't feel like going back.

Once in awhile I like them. I remember my first one as a kid. It was good. They don't taste the same. Closest one to beat that was in Tokyo. They have stricter meat guidelines though so that's probably why it tasted better.

Raw beef. It goes out to the front. When it was roughly down 1/3 we would cook another batch. I don't ever remember reheating the beef.

That's pretty solid, though it'll get bacterialized pretty fast sitting out there. I'd actually prefer my meat my pre-re-heated like McDonalds and taste like crap than eat beef (which actually tasted pretty decent) that had the risk of someone who gives as much of a shit about their job as I did when I was making minimum wage being in charge of keeping it sanitary.

Lol I think they follow the rules for the most part. Been eating taco hell for about 35 years and never hot food poisoning.

The turn around for beef is pretty fast if you think about how much of their menu has it.

I prefer fresh meat hence 5 guys over any other fast food burger which is frozen, re cooked then sitting under a lamp for 30 minutes or more.

To the parents out there.

Do you take your kids to Mcdonalds? If so do you have friends that treat you like you are taking your kid for a walk on the freeway?

Sure its not the best and healthy options, but sometimes its so easy..

We dont do it regularly, but I admit to taking my kids to Mcdonalds 3 times a month tops...

I have when we are late getting back from the zoo. He soma strict schedule and if lunch is not ready at noon he freaks. Lol. So I think 3 or 4 times I've used mcd or Bk.

BK is better since their nuggets are real chicken though.

Rarely. Probably been over a year. Maybe we went more when he was Adrian's age, but I doubt it.

I had a McGriddle yesterday for the first time in years. Great going down, but I felt lethargic and bloated all morning.

I'd much prefer, for myself and my son, Harveys or other better burger places, or healthier options if its doable.

Unfortunately, with fast food, its more about our need to get it fast, then it is about getting food. Its easier to make time when your kids are older I think, not as regimented.

Rarely. Probably been over a year. Maybe we went more when he was Adrian's age, but I doubt it.

I had a McGriddle yesterday for the first time in years. Great going down, but I felt lethargic and bloated all morning.

I'd much prefer, for myself and my son, Harveys or other better burger places, or healthier options if its doable.

Unfortunately, with fast food, its more about our need to get it fast, then it is about getting food. Its easier to make time when your kids are older I think, not as regimented.

Agreed...

Adrian is at an age where I have much more options..We go to Subway a lot, eat semi healthy there..Its just when i have both kids each so much easier..

For example Mcdonalds has the high chairs that I can use..I dont see it at Subway, I dont think I have seen them at Burger King or other places..So much more kid oriented..Also naturally the play area.

When you have an hour to kill with both kids , one being cranky..Its the best place to go..Great marketing naturally..Food typically sucks but they have done great with the marketing the kids.

Agreed...

Adrian is at an age where I have much more options..We go to Subway a lot, eat semi healthy there..Its just when i have both kids each so much easier..

For example Mcdonalds has the high chairs that I can use..I dont see it at Subway, I dont think I have seen them at Burger King or other places..So much more kid oriented..Also naturally the play area.

When you have an hour to kill with both kids , one being cranky..Its the best place to go..Great marketing naturally..Food typically sucks but they have done great with the marketing the kids.

Ya, I think you said it perfectly why it works. Also, if you have like 3/4 kids like some of my friends, then the fact it's way cheaper helps too.

The one thing I would disagree with....some of the food is awesome! lol I mean, I feel awful after eating it, but I could eat 10 of those little hamburgers, and I used to love Big Macs+McChicken, one of each! And nuggets are good. All awful for you, all manufactured as opposed to anything with real taste, but I cant help it.....it still tastes good when I bite into it.

Do you take your kids to Mcdonalds? If so do you have friends that treat you like you are taking your kid for a walk on the freeway?

We dont do it regularly, but I admit to taking my kids to Mcdonalds 3 times a month tops...

I go regularly now the employees know me. I only get the grilled cheese with milk etc.

We probably do it once a month - when we're out for a long day and don't want him eating two straight meals of non-perishable stuff or whatever. For little kids it's really not that unhealthy anyway. They put barely any butter on the grilled cheese, he probably eats three fries (his parents scarf the rest) and he gets milk and yogurt. Even when he's older, I've got no worries about taking him for burgers or whatever as a treat. One of the first things I learned as a parent is that the "want" most of us have for sugar and crappy food is completely natural and not a learned behaviour. If he doesn't eat McDonalds now, he's no more or less likely to eat it in the future, so long as they understand it is an unhealthy treat.

it's for the children.

You can get a grilled cheese happy meal. My wife basically lived off them when she was pregnant. In New Brunswick and some provinces, they're on the regular menu.