Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

I don’t know much about hoops, but I think they refer to that game just played by the raps as ‘****8ng awful’

in hockey it's puck luck. In hoops it's a make or miss league. Raptors played really good defense and missed a lot of open shots that they normally make. Plus the whistle and techs favored the Sixers which is what happens to the team that is trailing in a series.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

in hockey it's puck luck. In hoops it's a make or miss league. Raptors played really good defense and missed a lot of open shots that they normally make. Plus the whistle and techs favored the Sixers which is what happens to the team that is trailing in a series.

Pretty much what I came here to say. Raps definitely missed more shots than usual - they were 3/16 on corner 3s and most of those were pretty open. Over a larger sample, they’d be closer to 6/16 on those and that’s a 4-point win. Then again, it was only 4 because Lowry made two late 3s which is pretty unusual!

Calls weirdly favoured Philly in the consistent minor way that the NBA is a make-up league and they definitely favoured the raps in game 1. Just seemed like any contact under the 76ers basket was let them play, and anything under the Raps was a typical foul. Kawhi was getting hit every time he drove and had very few calls until the 4th.

• 2 weeks later...

D6aWAOMU0AAcF4j.jpg

great game. Well. Lousy game, great finish. I’m not knowledgeable at all on the NBA. What now? Can the raps win conference then final?

great game. Well. Lousy game, great finish. I’m not knowledgeable at all on the NBA. What now? Can the raps win conference then final?

was a great game if you like defense.

for sure they can win. The Bucks aren't clearly a better team but they are playing great and have a system that really works for the players they have. In the West Golden State has some injury issues so are vulnerable.

I must have watch the replay 50x and I am not sick of it

I have watched 4 seconds of the NBA this year and I watched the reply like 25 times yesterday.

Bucks are around -250 to win the series so fairly big favourites. If you had said they’d be meeting in the finals before the postseason, odds would have been a bit lower but Bucks have been dominant while the Raptors eked it out of course. Plus the whole big moment hangover could be an issue.

After that shot falls, im calling the Raptors to win the title...next year. Bucks beat them in 4-5 this year...but I hope I’m wrong!

• 4 weeks later...

anybody been going to any of the viewing parties ?

The one at Scarborough Civic Centre is just outside my condo. From my window looked like a couple thousand people. The cops who were there were playing frisbee with the fans before the game started.

• Like 1

anybody been going to any of the viewing parties ?

The one at Scarborough Civic Centre is just outside my condo. From my window looked like a couple thousand people. The cops who were there were playing frisbee with the fans before the game started.

No but I told the girls if they win Monday we will be on the danforth honking in my car. So they may miss school Tuesday.

What an amazing time for Toronto and Canada

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bianca Andreescu was ranked number 3 in the World Juniors 3 years ago and was always one of the top players in the World for her age so her having success isn't surprising. Her going from where she was last year to the level of tennis she is playing this week is a bit surprising but you just never know when it can kick in plus players getting super hot for a week isn't uncommon.

Don't expect this from her every week but she should make a nice climb in the rankings and she has legit weapons to be a top 20 player.

ummm, I dont think you were alone! (didnt mean to imply you were anything but informative)

its cool to see looking back, that for most of us, our first intro to her was only 9 months ago.....I had barely heard her name before the Aussie Open, and Dubey asking you your opinion was classic FCP...hey Bob, whos this tennis guy/girl?!!?!?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Since the changing of the forum(sorry i hate the whiteness, other than that its cool) I have lost some posts...Now I am under 50K again..

SIGH SIGH

• 2 months later...