• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

Will be shocked to see this actually happen. It's a weird symptom of a city forcing a subway to a low density mall combined with zoning that doesn't allow density in but a few places.

it's the population that the subway stop services that matters more than the density right next to the subway although the more close to the subway the better.

Without knowing the numbers I would be shocked if the Scarborough Centre bus station isn't by far the busiest in Toronto. I visited my Brother at the hospital yesterday downtown and took the Scarborough RT at 4PM and the platform at Scarborough Centre was Yonge and Bloor at rush hour packed with the train totally full when it left the station to head to Kennedy subway. When I got on the RT at 8:15 PM at Kennedy subway the train was pretty full with all seats taken and lots of people standing. At Scarborough Centre most of the people who got off headed to the bus station for the next leg of their trip.

One thing that all the people who think a multistop light rail is the best solution always bring up is that this will bring stations to so many more people and I've seen them talk about Malvern Mall but the thing is that few people will be able to walk to any of these stations since there is no density near any of them and they will still mostly be taking a bus as the last leg of their trip.

Will be shocked to see this actually happen. It's a weird symptom of a city forcing a subway to a low density mall combined with zoning that doesn't allow density in but a few places.

It won't happen in the same way of course but there will be lots of residential added to the mall property. Just like Agincourt Mall at Kennedy and Sheppard will be totally redeveloped. All those surface parking lots and lands north of Progress that currently have big box stores like Best Buy and a Superstore are too valuable to be left the way they are.

https://www.toronto....idential-units/

And saying that it's forcing the subway to a mall shows a lack of understanding of Scarborough. The "Mall" is the commercial and transportation centre of Scarborough.

I do agree with you about the stupid zoning rules. It's part of the reason that so much of the density outside the core is going to happen in Scarborough. There are lots of infill possibilities around existing "towers in a park" and places that are currently underused commercial that can be turned into high density residential.

The area around Kennedy and Sheppard down to the 401 for example could see 15,000 new residential units over the next 20 years.

https://www.toronto....ays-norm-kelly/

There should also be opportunity to convert a lot of the spread out industrial/commercial that is East of McCowan to higher density residential and hopefully office space.

This discussion is causing me anxiety. I don't leave the house unless I have to.

From my understanding the only Subway in Sudbury is the one that serves a cold cut combo!! Let’s keep it that way buddy. You are doing just fine. Cars in Sudbury are doing a great job.

From my understanding the only Subway in Sudbury is the one that serves a cold cut combo!! Let’s keep it that way buddy. You are doing just fine. Cars in Sudbury are doing a great job.

Should you be getting salami at subway

I highly recommend getting one. I read a bunch of stories about how they saved people's insurance (not sure how that works in Canada) when the other person lied on the police report about the fault of the accident. The camera showed the story. Even if it doesn't save your insurance, you can at least make a sweet video like that one!

I got one for around $100 with the memory card.

things people on Prednisone think. I can't wait to go to Shoppers on Boxing Day to load up on discount Christmas chocolate and candy

I promise my youngest daughter I will get her a snowglobe. For some reason she loves them.

We are in Niagara for a couple of days. Tonight I went to Seneca Niagara with Otto. Thought I try my luck at the craps table. Very strange table. No one bet when someone rolls. I brought in for $200 and tried my new way to play. Both guys hit a point which was good. I pressed but unfortunately the crap out. Cashed out up $223 and decided after 15 mins that I could not take the smoke anymore. God I could not breath

Walking back to hotel we get stopped by a late 40s guy. Chat a little and than the truth came out. He needed $15 for gas and $1.85 for toll to get home to Warren PA. When he was asking me he was in tears. I pulled out a $20 and said have a Happy New Year

I hope it doesn't take this deterrent for us to not be distracted when we drive but tough new penalties starting Jan 1st.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/distracted-driving-texting-ontario-penalties-1.4939223

Stiffer fines and long-term consequences are coming for distracted drivers in Ontario in 2019.

Most drivers caught, talking, texting, dialling or emailing on a handheld device will be fined up to $1,000 — more than double the current fine.

Additional penalties include a three-day licence suspension and three demerit points. And that's just the beginning.

"It's really going to cost you, but there's a reason for that," said Const. Sean Ralph of the Ottawa police.

"It's a major infraction right up there with impaired driving."

Bob, tell us about this new Canadian tennis superstar

I wouldn’t call me a superstar just yet, but glad to see my undefeated Cancun vacation run through older, more experienced international competition is getting some traction stateside.