Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

what do you mean by intrudes on others?

dont you think 2nd hand smoke is more harmful than 2nd hand pot?

if my neighbour is smoking a cigarette I'm not likely to smell it. If they are smoking pot the entire floor is going to smell it. That's just a reality.

The idea that smoking pot is harmless or that 2nd hand pot smoke is harmless is wrong.

http://cmajopen.ca/content/5/4/E814.full

https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis-health/is-second-hand-marijuana-smoke-harmful-to-children

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/09/06/bad-marijuana-second-hand-smoke/

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

Ban all smoking forever for all I care. Hate the smell of all of it and people who toss their butts on the ground as if cigarettes are exempt from littering can **** off straight to hell.

Agree. When I see people throw butts out of their car window, I want to Grand Theft Auto ram them!

If I pass someone smoking, I literally hold my breath until I pass. My lungs are ****ed up enough from asthma and car exhaust.

Same. I work downtown now (half mile walk to PPG Arena) so I encounter this ALL the time now.

Smoking anything has negative affects. Vaporizing pot is the best.

Yea, smoking is old school now, all the cool kids have wax!

if my neighbour is smoking a cigarette I'm not likely to smell it. If they are smoking pot the entire floor is going to smell it. That's just a reality.

The idea that smoking pot is harmless or that 2nd hand pot smoke is harmless is wrong.

http://cmajopen.ca/content/5/4/E814.full

https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis-health/is-second-hand-marijuana-smoke-harmful-to-children

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/09/06/bad-marijuana-second-hand-smoke/

Lucky you. I can smell it if people are smoking on the sidewalk in front of my building. It’s so heinous.

Lucky you. I can smell it if people are smoking on the sidewalk in front of my building. It's so heinous.

Its one of the worst smells there is...

if my neighbour is smoking a cigarette I'm not likely to smell it.

lucky you +1. I certainly would.

I smell cig smoke in a strong way, and unlike pot, people reek of cigarette smoke long after they put it out.

I smell people in the elevators at work all the time that just finished a cig and it reeks on their clothes.

like Dale said, most pot smokers vape, and maybe its just me, but I dont find pot smell disgusting or off. Cig smoke i do.

lucky you +1. I certainly would.

I smell cig smoke in a strong way, and unlike pot, people reek of cigarette smoke long after they put it out.

I smell people in the elevators at work all the time that just finished a cig and it reeks on their clothes.

like Dale said, most pot smokers vape, and maybe its just me, but I dont find pot smell disgusting or off. Cig smoke i do.

people reek of pot the exact same way you're just not exposed to it as often is my guess.

The bottom line for using cannabis in your unit at a condo where it has been disallowed will be whether it can be smelled outside your unit. If not then no problem but if it can be smelled then there will be a problem.

Most newer condos like mine have a high percentage of units being rentals and most leases like mine agree that I can't smoke cigarettes. Investors don't want any tobacco or pot smoking in units they own. Makes it a lot easier to enforce when the condo as a whole doesn't allow it.

Interesting. I've been around a few pot smokers my whole life, and I never smelled it on them. But I do pick up the cig smoke fairly easily. Might be what they were smoking?

But as Dale said, now very different. The pot vapes that I have been around have next to no smell, even when Im in the room. (Im not sure I am using the terms correctly, I am no expert)

Is it possible Bob your experience was with people who do not vape? I've used in my own home, and it had no smell.

I used pot/CBD last year to help with sleeping after my shoulder surgery. The painkiller pills they give you after surgery just mess with my head and my digestive system, so I was off them in like 48hrs. To help me sleep, my friend set up me up with a Vape+CBD Buds, and it was great for the next few weeks as I recovered and slept. I had to use it in my home and my wife couldnt smell it unless she was 1-2 feet away from me as I used it, so she was ok with it. It has no remaining odor, and it certainly didnt change the way my basement smelled later that day or the next day.

If I let a friend smoke a cigarette, I am positive my couch would still reek days later. That might just be me though, Ive always been very sensitive to cig smoke smells

Interesting. I've been around a few pot smokers my whole life, and I never smelled it on them. But I do pick up the cig smoke fairly easily. Might be what they were smoking?

But as Dale said, now very different. The pot vapes that I have been around have next to no smell, even when Im in the room. (Im not sure I am using the terms correctly, I am no expert)

Is it possible Bob your experience was with people who do not vape? I've used in my own home, and it had no smell.

I used pot/CBD last year to help with sleeping after my shoulder surgery. The painkiller pills they give you after surgery just mess with my head and my digestive system, so I was off them in like 48hrs. To help me sleep, my friend set up me up with a Vape+CBD Buds, and it was great for the next few weeks as I recovered and slept. I had to use it in my home and my wife couldnt smell it unless she was 1-2 feet away from me as I used it, so she was ok with it. It has no remaining odor, and it certainly didnt change the way my basement smelled later that day or the next day.

If I let a friend smoke a cigarette, I am positive my couch would still reek days later. That might just be me though, Ive always been very sensitive to cig smoke smells

nothing that I've been talking about is vaping. All with regular old smoking pot.

Part of the reason the cigarette smoke gets into everything is the fact that the volume is so much higher. People who smoke usually do it all the time where pot smoking is usually a more occasional thing.

just reassure them that the crime rate in Fresno is way higher than any area in Ontario

I assure the suburbs where us hockey families live is way safer than Scarborough

I assure the suburbs where us hockey families live is way safer than Scarborough

Actually the gun violence in Toronto is not the majority in the Scarborough area. It's happening everywhere but alot in the northeast corner of the city.

Actually the gun violence in Toronto is not the majority in the Scarborough area. It's happening everywhere but alot in the northeast corner of the city.

crime rate East of Victoria Park is less than West of Victoria Park

Raptors-Warriors lived up to the hype, that was an entertaining game. Big boys really came to play in Durant vs Kawhi

if healthy the Warriors won't be beaten by anybody in the playoffs. The only hope is injuries and or Green being a cancer in the locker room.

Yes but I don’t feel insecure in that area.

Just remember in my younger days I delivered Chinese food in the Jane/Wilson area so Jane/finch too

There’s a weird perception from people across Ontario that Toronto is some sort of war zone. Big cities are almost always the safest places to be, even in especially dangerous countries.

he's an ******* but a very effective player

very effective.

I love his game come playoff time.

no, they probably wont be beat, but its not the worst thing in the world to think you have a team that can have a dream season and possibly make the finals, Making the finals should not be considered a consolation prize for a franchise that has never done it. And, I still believe in the `you never know`philosophy when it comes to sports...anything can happen