Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

theres still heavy fire. Trapped heat and big fuel loads made this a tough fire. We brought in a demolition excavator to tear open the roof so we could get at the fire better. This one will still be burning when the sun comes up. But we did some great work not to lose the whole block, especially with how tight the exposure buildings are.

Great work. Thanks Chris and all of your brethren.

I've never seen anything like that first hand. It was intense.

• Like 1
  • Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

Great work. Thanks Chris and all of your brethren.

I've never seen anything like that first hand. It was intense.

Firefighter...the second most stressful job there is according to many (non-fake) sources.

"The fire was later upgraded to a six-alarm, and by 3 p.m., there were 54 trucks and about 200 firefighters at the scene."

http://m.insidetoronto.com/news-story/7139446-update-toronto-fire-uses-five-aerial-ladders-to-combat-fire-at-yonge-and-st-clair

Nobody unaccounted for and only minor injuries...great ****ing job!!! You guys should be proud!!!

• Like 1

Weather for this upcoming Family Day weekend will be warm. I will be in Ottawa to skate on the Rideau canal. In Pittsburgh it will be sunny and 17 celsius. I should be playing golf instead of skating.

On this date last year I played my first round of golf of the year. Shitty course in Calgary, walking only, temporary greens, and there were snowbanks to deal with, but I still swung the clubs. My Home golf course opened on Feb 25th. I don't think that's going to happen this year.

Meh. The laws should be changed, that's my issue. (I.e. Idaho stop - rolling through a stop sign, treating it as a yield, not blindly blowing through it, as one example.)

No real issue with enforcing laws on the books though. However, until the law is changed, I'd prefer they used discretion and didn't ticket harmless fouls like yielding at a stop sign and focused on the cyclists who do pose a danger to others. There are some bad cyclists out there.

Kinda funny that it hits their drivers license, though. Doesn't make any sense, and not sure why people who only drive would see this as a good thing.

I do see this as a very good thing. cyclists should fully stop at stop signs and red lights. However the majority never do. If cyclist wants respect on the road than obey the laws.

I'm shocked the powers-that-be haven't jumped at this money-grab yet. I'm sure it's coming soon enough where a permit will be required to operate a bicycle on public roads.

I do see this as a very good thing. cyclists should fully stop at stop signs and red lights. However the majority never do. If cyclist wants respect on the road than obey the laws.

Lol. Do you demand the same of drivers?

I'm shocked the powers-that-be haven't jumped at this money-grab yet. I'm sure it's coming soon enough where a permit will be required to operate a bicycle on public roads.

Anti-cycling councillors have proposed this a bunch in Toronto. Studies show it's not worth it.

Don't make it a money grab by obeying the laws on the road

Yes of course. I obey all traffic laws on the road except on the highway. I like to drive fast

So do I, on my bike. Why should what other idiots do on their bikes impact how much you "respect" me? I just don't want you to kill me.

Don't make it a money grab by obeying the laws on the road

I like this logic. That's what I say when people claim speed cams etc are just a cash grab. It's like, well, you could obey the law and it'll cost you nothing...