• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

They no longer "need" that much space. The kids moved out. Did they have 30 children?

They were famous for the parties they threw. Would usually be multiple ex heads of state and Nobel prize winners as guests.

I dont find the kitchen to be that ridiculous. Seems fairly tame and kind of small compared to the rest of the house, maybe there is a 2nd one?

Also, that library is stunning. I'd love something like that.

I dont find the kitchen to be that ridiculous. Seems fairly tame and kind of small compared to the rest of the house, maybe there is a 2nd one?

Also, that library is stunning. I'd love something like that.

yay, that library is something

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary school days. My wife would hate going to his IEP meetings and hear them say stuff about him. To the point she did not want to go anymore so I always went solo. During those meetings they would say Otto should go the College route etc.

Flash forward to today, we made Otto go back to High school for an extra year (big mistake since he was not comfortable). I knew it and said let's shoot for University this year and forget about co-op. His marks were okay but nothing great but he works hard. He applied to York, Ryerson and Brock. I always said if he can get in anywhere take it even if it is Brock. My wife and I went to his final IEP meeting and they asked us if he applied to College. We said no and we find out the deadline has passed.

Today in the mail, Otto got an acceptance letter to Brock but he has to keep his 75 average to get in.

My wife and I are floored. Otto is beaming with pride. I grounded Otto and told him it is just an acceptance but you have to keep on track and keep your average up. It is not over yet.

Needless to say, we are extremely proud of Otto.

• Like 7

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary school days. My wife would hate going to his IEP meetings and hear them say stuff about him. To the point she did not want to go anymore so I always went solo. During those meetings they would say Otto should go the College route etc.

Flash forward to today, we made Otto go back to High school for an extra year (big mistake since he was not comfortable). I knew it and said let's shoot for University this year and forget about co-op. His marks were okay but nothing great but he works hard. He applied to York, Ryerson and Brock. I always said if he can get in anywhere take it even if it is Brock. My wife and I went to his final IEP meeting and they asked us if he applied to College. We said no and we find out the deadline has passed.

Today in the mail, Otto got an acceptance letter to Brock but he has to keep his 75 average to get in.

My wife and I are floored. Otto is beaming with pride. I grounded Otto and told him it is just an acceptance but you have to keep on track and keep your average up. It is not over yet.

Needless to say, we are extremely proud of Otto.

That's the best thing I've heard all week. Even better than 8.5 in an AHL game. Life trumps sports, and Otto is winning life. Way to go!
  • Like 1

Nice Wayne. Congrats Nathan.

I was at Brock last week and again on Saturday. Pretty nice campus. Like 6 minutes by car to downtown St. Catherines, which is a nice little walkable downtown.

Brock is on the escarpment so if you can see through the trees, the views are nice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago I dislocated my shoulder.

With the way my memory works, I'll never forget that on the same day of my 3rd dislocation, I also received some great news that picked up my spirits and put a huge smile on my face. So happy for you guys, how proud you all must be of him.

You should be very proud of yourself too Wayne, you truly are an exceptional father to all 3 of your kids and something I look up to.

• Like 1

That's amazing Wayne, for Otto and your whole family. Any child's success is a team effort, and that's obviously even more true if the person has real challenges. You should all be very proud indeed!

• Like 1

5 hours ago I dislocated my shoulder.

With the way my memory works, I'll never forget that on the same day of my 3rd dislocation, I also received some great news that picked up my spirits and put a huge smile on my face. So happy for you guys, how proud you all must be of him.

You should be very proud of yourself too Wayne, you truly are an exceptional father to all 3 of your kids and something I look up to.

Same shoulder 3 times? Might want to get that looked at. I dislocated my left shoulder 3 times in about 4 yrs. have had two surgeries on it. Hasn't dislocated in 26 yrs.

Same shoulder 3 times? Might want to get that looked at. I dislocated my left shoulder 3 times in about 4 yrs. have had two surgeries on it. Hasn't dislocated in 26 yrs.

shoulders are the worse. I have had 3 surgeries. Brutal stuff

I only dislocated my shoulder once. I can't imagine it happening 2 more times plus having surgeries too

I just remember the pain sting through my shoulder.

Get well soon Arp

thanks guys

ya, this is now 3rd in 4 years. 2nd in exactly 368 days, and whats worse, last nights happened as I threw my jacket into the back seat. Im playing hockey, basketball....luckily nothing there, but as Im driving i throw my jacket into the backseat and there it goes. Luckily I was just pulling into my street and was able to park in my driveway.

Im going to ask for surgery, cant live life like this. Im worried about how long the recovery post surgery is though, what were your experiences guys?

im still smiling over the Otto news though. I just saw him on Saturday at the show, and got a chance to sit and talk to him when Wayne had to step out......such a nice, good kid and its so cool to watch him in his element with the collectibles. He deserves every good thing in life, so so happy still over the great news, and even if he didnt go to Univ., Id still say that kid is a success for just being the kind of person he seems to be.

• Like 1

Get your doctor to refer you to Rick Zarnett. Used to be the leafs ortho and considered the best. My first surgery was butchered. Second surgery trying to repair the first. Zarnett did the third and fixed everything. Recovery was about 7 days down, 10 weeks of rehab. Better than ever.

Might depend on the procedure.

Dislocated it first time in a fight. Got slammed into a wall stud.

2nd time I was walking down the hall in HS and my friend walked by and I simply went to smack him as he went by and it popped out.

Then the last time I slipped on ice taking the garbage to the road.

The ligaments by that point were super shot and no amount of muscle building in therapy was going to keep it in.

The took my biceps muscle and stretched it up into my shoulder and stapled it there to give it extra support. I think it was about 2 months of therapy to get it strong. Then about 3 yrs post surgery I popped the staple out playing volleyball or something. So they went in and removed it since it was cutting my muscle everytime I raised my arm to high. No therapy after that. Been good since.

Both of my shoulders suck too.

Tore the rotator cuff on my right one and I still can't sleep in the same position, years later.

But like, sometimes if I have to sneeze, and use my bicep to cover my mouth, without thinking... It's the worst pain in the world! I don't know if I'm dislocating it briefly or what, but man! And that's my LEFT shoulder! Not even the one I injured.