Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

Also, it has a decent time advantage.

Average wait time of 7.5 minutes and a 25 minute ride directly to Union.

No chance of hitting a traffic jam or anything in a cab/uber/limo. Seems like you could get downtown in 25 minutes by cab/car/etc, but that would assume basically no traffic... so again, really depends where you're going. The big difference is how long it takes you to get to your ultimate destination once you reach Union.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

Also, is it just me, or are Derozan and Lowry just two incredibly likable guys. Lowry came to the Raptors with such a questionable rep, and at first, I wasnt sure I liked this general attitude, but wow, what a job maturing and Derozan+he just appear to be great guys. Seeing them on that video with Masai just gave me such pride as a Torontonian, the Raptors are really doing it right lately.

Also, is it just me, or are Derozan and Lowry just two incredibly likable guys. Lowry came to the Raptors with such a questionable rep, and at first, I wasnt sure I liked this general attitude, but wow, what a job maturing and Derozan+he just appear to be great guys. Seeing them on that video with Masai just gave me such pride as a Torontonian, the Raptors are really doing it right lately.

the Raptors in general as a team are easy to root for, very few assholes

Lowry was misunderstood. He is just so competitive and he frankly got shafted in previous places where he outplayed his competition but other players were getting more minutes than him

Lowry I can say was a total jerk when Otto saw him. Derozan was always nice and still is.

However something has changed with Lowry. Just recently when Otto (it was just Otto) Lowry was actually joking around with Otto and telling Bismack to come over and sign for Otto

the Raptors in general as a team are easy to root for, very few assholes

Lowry was misunderstood. He is just so competitive and he frankly got shafted in previous places where he outplayed his competition but other players were getting more minutes than him

ah, good insight, didn't know that about Lowrys past.

agree about the Raptors, they really are an easy team to get behind. Them doing well in the playoffs could be HUGE in this city.

Also, I love Bismack. Just love watching him play, no matter how questionable some of his skills. lol

Bismack seems like good people.

I really hope the Brazilians Bruno and Bebe turn into good NBA players. Those two go around with a big smile on their faces at all times, they just seem like nice kids

Raises an interesting question: would you rather have the likeable raptors or the ******* laden championship Pistons of the lambeer Thomas Rodman era

Pistons all the way led by Joe D!

Hey Wayne what colour sharpie does Otto use when he is getting autographs?

The colour of choice among autograph hounds is blue for 8x10s, pucks silver paint pens, baseballs papermate pens, etc

Raises an interesting question: would you rather have the likeable raptors or the ******* laden championship Pistons of the lambeer Thomas Rodman era

always want a winning team but the worst thing is a losing team full of assholes

The reality is that most of the time your team isn't going to have a sniff at competing for a championship but I still want to be entertained during those other years and it makes it easier to be a fan of a bunch of likable players as opposed to a bunch of asshats who aren't winning.

Kyle Lowry is currently the 2nd best player playing in Toronto in any sport only behind a certain baseball player with bad hair.

If he was a hockey player he would be the most popular athlete in Toronto since Dougie Gilmour

Kyle Lowry is currently the 2nd best player playing in Toronto in any sport only behind a certain baseball player with bad hair.

If he was a hockey player he would be the most popular athlete in Toronto since Dougie Gilmour

I was listening to sports radio yesterday (I think TSN?) and I was suprised how they were saying that this is Derozans team and he is the best player, and he is the "face" of the team.....and Im thinking, wow, I think I like Lowry more than Derozan, and pretty much always have. I was amazed at how "off" my opinion was from the basketball experts on the radio.

I wish I could recall who it even was, not coming to me right now.

I was listening to sports radio yesterday (I think TSN?) and I was suprised how they were saying that this is Derozans team and he is the best player, and he is the "face" of the team.....and Im thinking, wow, I think I like Lowry more than Derozan, and pretty much always have. I was amazed at how "off" my opinion was from the basketball experts on the radio.

I wish I could recall who it even was, not coming to me right now.

anybody who is saying that it's DeRozan's team or that he's the best player isn't a basketball expert

TTC a nightmare this morning due to a fire in a hydro vault. Both subway and streetcars are down in the core. Any streetcars that were in the zone when the power went out are just stuck in the middle of the road.

TTC a nightmare this morning due to a fire in a hydro vault. Both subway and streetcars are down in the core. Any streetcars that were in the zone when the power went out are just stuck in the middle of the road.

Uh oh. I have to go up to the Crosslinx offices, but that's Yonge and Sheppard. Hopefully I'm ok to do that.

Where I am, the majority of people commute across one of the two bridges that link Dartmouth and Bedford to Halifax. There are also ferries that go across. Today, one of the bridges had to be unexpectedly closed, and the other bridge had a major accident. Should've been a disaster, but the Metro people did an incredibly job. They called in every single supervisor - even those on vacation and night shifts, and had at least 2 at every major terminal to redirect people, give alternate route suggestions. They also deployed at least 3 extra buses to each terminal and gave the supervisors independent authority to send those buses to any other terminal or the ferries whenever there was a backlog. It was kind of amazing to watch actually. Last time this happened, I was an hour late to work and the second person in. Today, we are all there for an 830 meeting!

Uh oh I have a 10:30 meeting at Davenport/Avenue.

I think I am okay, I drive.

• Like 1