Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

well you did insult zach due to your own misunderstanding (which he explained). And you seem to have taken me pointing out that you didn't retract the insult (all of which is obviously based on a minor misunderstanding!) to be a huge assault on your character, which was absolutely not my intention, nor do I think is warranted.

I don't doubt that there are a great many very positive things that would describe your character, but holy hell are you getting defensive. Zach didn't disrespect you, he posted some pictures that showed that a building that you said did something in fact used to do that thing, but now does not appear to do it anymore. You responded that you lived there so you know it used to do that (which Zach agreed to) and that obviously he doesn't listen to other people's opinions, since it makes no sense.

Anyway, I'm only saying all this because I learn things on this forum when conversations are fair and reasonable, and Zach doesn't seem to show any less inclination to post even with certain people repeatedly insulting him or otherwise reducing the value of the conversation, so I guess I'll shut the hell up and leave you guys to your dogmatism.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

Im fcking furious right now. I had to look up dogmatism. Which means either...

1) My memory is fading, because I could swear I knew what that meant once upon a time

2) Its possible I never knew what it meant, and I frankly am not as smart as I thought

As an aside, going back to Serges post asking Danny if he talks this way in "real life", Id be curious to know how often he drops dogmatism around the water cooler at the office. :)

• Like 2

lol i missed that serge post. I don't talk quite like that in real life, but I definitely talk enough like that that you'll be SHOCKED to hear that I am less than incredibly popular at parties. More importantly, that's just how my inner monologue works, and since normal human conversation doesn't go like that, it usually means I just don't talk that much at all.

I also come off much more negative on the forums. I said some obviously negative things here today, but in general I'm much more positive 'in real life'. I really try to only be negative in an attempt to negate negativity (that was fun to say), but I know it often doesn't come off like that.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that I made someone who uses an avatar of a hockey franchise that hasn't existed for almost 20 years feel old...

Lol I love the Whalers needle..

Danny is quiet fun to read as you write like I would write a university English essay..Which if you are doing that without the use of a thesaurus I am impressed and fascinated.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that I made someone who uses an avatar of a hockey franchise that hasn't existed for almost 20 years feel old...

"You can't know where you're going until you know where you've been"

You millennials make me sick. You and that other bike guy, all the same!!!

Seriously though, I take your posts as well meaning and trying to stick up for Zach. I can see both sides, I know Zach rubs some people the wrong way, as often times his posts kind of have this condescension in tone. If you've ever spent time around Zach, you've heard him with that tone. :)

He's a fun guy to sit beside at the AHL draft as he comments on the going ons. lol

• Like 1

For the non-FCHL people (FCHLers know the story), you should know that Zach and I are actually soulmates. When we were both in the FCHL, I worked at a call centre for a major Canadian company. There were 200 of us, and I think 3 centres of that size around the country. One day Zach had to call in, and he got me. When I pulled up the account number and saw "Zachary Henderson from Thunder Bay" I nearly choked, then, after an awkward pause, asked him if he was in a fantasy hockey league with a guy called mrdannyg, which, for a second, I think he thought was the security question he'd set for the account or something.

• Like 2

sheesh I go on a 2-day drinking trip to Calgary and I come back to this? Just can't leave you kids alone.

Did you hang out with Kevin Martin at Deerfoot?

Jaime is in Dublin..He cashed the EPT event for like $11000 Euro

nah I was visiting my brother and some friends. I don't know either of those guys well enough to hang out. I saw on twitter that Staples cashed at the EPT, pretty cool. His popularity really seems to be blowing up, though maybe I get an inflated sense of that from following him on twitter.

nah I was visiting my brother and some friends. I don't know either of those guys well enough to hang out. I saw on twitter that Staples cashed at the EPT, pretty cool. His popularity really seems to be blowing up, though maybe I get an inflated sense of that from following him on twitter.

He has truly made a name for himself in the poker community..I am happy for the kid, seems like a nice guy...

He is a winning poker player, but the income he is making streaming dwarfs it I believe..

He is #2 in streamers right now behind Jason Sommerville..Who is a bit of a god in the Twitch world.

Was worried that the city strike was going to happen today. Put my garbage out just in case they don't strike or hammer out a deal.

The sound of music to hear the garbage truck going down my street at 8 am

Was worried that the city strike was going to happen today. Put my garbage out just in case they don't strike or hammer out a deal.

Oh shit! It's garbage day!

Outside workers have an agreement they just announced

Outside workers have an agreement they just announced

They did? I never knew. I guess the problem is when you go to bed at 2 am and was able to sleep in till 9 am today

Yikes!

A Toronto police K-9 unit helped arrest three men who allegedly robbed a 24-hour bakery in the city's Jane and Finch neighbourhood.Police said they were called Tuesday to Commisso Brothers and Racco Italian Bakery on Eddystone Avenue at around 11:20 p.m. after the suspects had allegedly pointed a gun at employees and demanded money. The suspects obtained some cash along with other items including rolls of coins and cigarettes before fleeing, according to police. Nobody in the bakery was injured. Officers and a K-9 unit searched the area and eventually arrested the suspects and recovered the stolen property. Police haven't said what charges the suspects are facing, if any.