• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

naturally...However painting her as a great up and coming literary genius is what I will argue against..

There is no difference between her and the camera guys at TMZ

sure there is.

The publishing company will have vetted all the facts and claims in the book and if they aren't sourced properly in case they are sued they aren't going to be used. Just because a source isn't named in the book doesn't mean that they aren't credible.

With that Family you don't really have to sensationalize anything.

Come on Serge, You don't think the story of Rob Ford is more socially and politically relevant than what colour Justin Bieber's shoe laces are today?

good analogy actually..not the shoe laces but Justin Bieber.

The premier of Ontario after being asked a serious question, was asked what she thought of Justin Bieber..

The Justin Bieber story isnt much different than Rob Ford's...In that they are being attacked by the media and scrutinized for every move that happens...

Sure there is an underlying difference that Rob Ford is an elected official, but they are both human beings, with regular human being problems that are blown up in front of 100s of millions of people..

sure there is.

The publishing company will have vetted all the facts and claims in the book and if they aren't sourced properly in case they are sued they aren't going to be used. Just because a source isn't named in the book doesn't mean that they aren't credible.

With that Family you don't really have to sensationalize anything.

if they are credible, they should be named...Anonymous is a very popular person, when anonymous doesnt have to face the media..

Not saying whats in the book isnt partly true,( i havent read it) but its naturally going to be exploited, blown up and is a personal attack on the family..

The premier of Ontario after being asked a serious question, was asked what she thought of Justin Bieber..

The Justin Bieber story isnt much different than Rob Ford's...In that they are being attacked by the media and scrutinized for every move that happens...

Sure there is an underlying difference that Rob Ford is an elected official, but they are both human beings, with regular human being problems that are blown up in front of 100s of millions of people..

and they both commit criminal acts

I actually do sympathize with Rob Ford more than the average person, but he is the Mayor of the 4th largest city in North America. You can't argue that this stuff shouldn't be reported, or that it isn't relevant. Much like Robyn Doolittle should know that being an investigative journalist is going to come with some drawbacks, like people attacking her for her views, Rob Ford should know that being a public elected official is going to come with it's own drawbacks, like people digging into your past and uncovering your secrets.

Neither of those people have regular human being problems.

I actually do sympathize with Rob Ford more than the average person, but he is the Mayor of the 4th largest city in North America. You can't argue that this stuff shouldn't be reported, or that it isn't relevant. Much like Robyn Doolittle should know that being an investigative journalist is going to come with some drawbacks, like people attacking her for her views, Rob Ford should know that being a public elected official is going to come with it's own drawbacks, like people digging into your past and uncovering your secrets.

5th largest

Edit my source was out of date. Looks like we passed Chicago.

Just happened to come across it last night and it said 5th and I was surprised so it stuck with me.

if they are credible, they should be named...Anonymous is a very popular person, when anonymous doesnt have to face the media..

Not saying whats in the book isnt partly true,( i havent read it) but its naturally going to be exploited, blown up and is a personal attack on the family..

That's now how journalism works.

Neither of those people have regular human being problems.

alcoholism, drugs are not real problems, that affect millions of people everyday?

i am not saying it shouldnt be reported, I am saying the book should be what it is...National Enquirer, TMZ, Entertainment tonight like coverage of a current event that people are attached too..

Why do you think she/publishers rushed this book to print right away? Before the story loses steam, she/they want to get paid....

What Rob Ford did in 2003 amongst his family members have no relevance to what we think of him today...Sure he has had problems, misled the public, possibly lied about some things...

Which politician hasnt?

Its a smear campaign by led by the Left wing tree huggers and the Toronto Star to bring down Rob Ford even more..

i am not saying it shouldnt be reported, I am saying the book should be what it is...National Enquirer, TMZ, Entertainment tonight like coverage of a current event that people are attached too..

Why do you think she/publishers rushed this book to print right away? Before the story loses steam, she/they want to get paid....

What Rob Ford did in 2003 amongst his family members have no relevance to what we think of him today...Sure he has had problems, misled the public, possibly lied about some things...

Which politician hasnt?

Its a smear campaign by led by the Left wing tree huggers and the Toronto Star to bring down Rob Ford even more..

How do you even know the tone or content of the book?

How do you even know the tone or content of the book?

i watched her being interviewed and seen excerpts online.

Serge, I don't doubt it was published right now as a money grab, but that doesn't make the story any less true, or the story any less relevant. Do you really blame here for trying to make some cash? Western Civilization is built on capitalistic principles. Why should she wait until the whole story is complete when she can publish now while the story is hot, make hundreds of thousands of dollars, then just publish a second book later and make a bunch more money. I can't blame her for that, I'd do the exact same thing if I was in her shoes.

Serge, I don't doubt it was published right now as a money grab, but that doesn't make the story any less true, or the story any less relevant. Do you really blame here for trying to make some cash? Western Civilization is built on capitalistic principles. Why should she wait until the whole story is complete when she can publish now while the story is hot, make hundreds of thousands of dollars, then just publish a second book later and make a bunch more money. I can't blame her for that, I'd do the exact same thing if I was in her shoes.

as i mentioned I dont blame her...

But making her out to be a Pulitzer Prize candidate like someone on here tried to do is ludicrous..