• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

A suggestion with your blog.

Do not make super strong statements and take really strong positions on things that will make you seem like an extremist if you are hoping that it will help you in your career. I'm not saying to lie or take a position that you don't believe in but try and stay away from absolutes when discussing complicated topics.

Yeah, I already thought about that. Good advice, though.

I gave it a second read. If I were to give you one tip as an editor, I would say there were a couple of spots where you looked like you were trying to write. The best writing styles sound like you're having a conversation with a friend. If the phrasing isn't something you'd use in your normal vernacular, then don't use it in your writing.

IMO, writing a blog isn't like writing a paper. In school work you're TRYING to impress with your intelligence and breadth of knowledge. In a blog, you're just trying to communicate your thoughts and feelings. So keep it real, and it reads even better. For the first time out of the gate, you did a fantastic job of that. If you clean up those couple of instances, you have a solid read, and people will keep on coming back.

examples: "For now, I will continue to dream of Japanese bullet trains and palatial Russian metro stations, inspired by the stories told inStraphanger."

Would you really say it that way in conversation?

"For as long as I can remember, I loved trains. I grew up watching Thomas the Tank Engine on Shining Time Station, and playing with my Brio wooden train set (which my children will be playing with some day). My Mom fondly recounts the story of the time I was given a matchbox car or truck of some sort, and I threw it on the ground, yelling “I only like trains!” to the poor soul who was thoughtful enough to bring young me a gift."

Great stuff. Immediate connection, very conversational.

Are there any reasons why minimum wage is not tied directly to something like the inflation rate or the CPI?

less obsessing about AHL rules that you don't like and more newspaper reading for you. That's exactly what the Ontario government will be doing from now on. They announced it this week.

Are there any reasons why minimum wage is not tied directly to something like the inflation rate or the CPI?

For the same reason that the retirement age isn't tied to actuarial estimations. It was put in place by rich people who only wanted something that would effect people much different than them, and they underestimated how structural it would become to society. I read somewhere that if the retirement age of 65 was pushed forward in line with extended life expentencies, it would now be in your early 80's. Can you f'ing imagine??

Robyn Doolittle is going to be on the Daily Show on Thursday.

Not everybody is going to know the names of the Toronto Pravda reporters as well as you do.

She isn't Dr Doolittle's Great Niece but is a Toronto Star reporter and just released a book about Mayor Tommy Boy

Robyn Doolittle is going to be on the Daily Show on Thursday.

comment on a news story that I found to be appropriate:

Just another wannabe reporter trying to make a name for herself by trashing the only prominent figure that would give her the time of day. Revealing past family moments in a national inquirer mode is classless. Truly classless

she is pretty cute, she should start doing sports and consider sideline reporting..

Not quite Erin Andrews territory, but much hotter than Pam Oliver.

she is pretty cute, she should start doing sports and consider sideline reporting..

Not quite Erin Andrews territory, but much hotter than Pam Oliver.

Nice. Perpetuating the objectification of women.

So a very well accredited investigative reporter, one of two that wrote the original Rob Ford Crack Video story, writes a book on a topic that everyone is screaming for more on.... and that makes her... wrong?

So a very well accredited investigative reporter, one of two that wrote the original Rob Ford Crack Video story, writes a book on a topic that everyone is screaming for more on.... and that makes her... wrong?

Yes, she should stick to sideline reporting. /serge

Nice. Perpetuating the objectification of women.

look at you all self righteous..I am sure you have never made any sort of joke like that in your life..

Yes, she should stick to sideline reporting. /serge

Topless, no doubt.

Robyn Doolittle: "I've uncovered video evidence along with a signed confession that Rob Ford sells heroin to kindergarten children"

Serge: (in best Joe Namath slurring) "I want to kiss you"

sure if you like attacks, national enquirer like stories, sensationalizing the life of a man that has had problems...sure...

What makes her very well accredited?

The fact that the star hired to cover city hall ?

reporting facts is not sensationalizing, serge.

the public has a RIGHT to know what kind of shit their elected officials are up to, even in their private lives. it's part of the job.

we've gone over this before.

Topless, no doubt.

Robyn Doolittle: "I've uncovered video evidence along with a signed confession that Rob Ford sells heroin to kindergarten children"

Serge: (in best Joe Namath slurring) "I want to kiss you"

coat4n-11-web.jpg