Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

(if I make it through tonight, which I will because I have homework to do and have to be up at 7 am, I will have only gotten drunk on two days in January, which I think is a pretty good step forward. Unfortunately, those two days were of the extremely drunk variety, especially the second day (as they were back to back). Next step is to find a way to find satisfaction in like 6 beer, instead of compulsively drinking until I die.)

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

(if I make it through tonight, which I will because I have homework to do and have to be up at 7 am, I will have only gotten drunk on two days in January, which I think is a pretty good step forward. Unfortunately, those two days were of the extremely drunk variety, especially the second day (as they were back to back). Next step is to find a way to find satisfaction in like 6 beer, instead of compulsively drinking until I die.)

kick off february with super bowl ...

man for me 6 beers is considered a lot.

I am of the opinion that the day after the Super Bowl should be a holiday.

I discussed this the other day, when you guys mentioned moving it to Saturday. I bet that would probably improve the economy.

I discussed this the other day, when you guys mentioned moving it to Saturday. I bet that would probably improve the economy.

I made my wife move her shift at work so I can attend a Super Bowl party. If she could not move it, she was not working.

Thinking maybe St. Patrick's Day.

Damn, I thought of an offer I could make you, but Ill probably be out of town for StPattys Day.

I was gonna say, dont drink from now until that day, (or say no more than 2 beers/drinks per sitting, once a week), and Ill buy your drinks that night. (with a cap though!)

Just to give you that small bit of added incentive. :)

The plus side for you, is that I'd be a lightweight drinker by then!

I think its a Monday, and I think I have a mid-term from 5-8 on that day, so I imagine some of my class mates would be willing to go get some beers with me after.

Rob Ford goes to Vancouver for a family funeral.

Gets a jaywalking ticket.

Zach he is walking like you prefer.

My guess is he was trying to cross a road that was poorly designed for pedestrians, optimized for SUVs, since it was in the suburbs... which is ironic, to me.

Ladies and Gentleman, FCP proudly presents the new Serge!

Bell's target service rate is 99.99% apparently. In 2013, they had 99.84% service, so they failed. Mostly due to the ice storm, from what I'm told.

My Bell satellite is working. And I just got my phone set up so that it can control my PVR when I'm not even at home, so w00t.

Bell's target service rate is 99.99% apparently. In 2013, they had 99.84% service, so they failed. Mostly due to the ice storm, from what I'm told.

My Bell satellite is working. And I just got my phone set up so that it can control my PVR when I'm not even at home, so w00t.

Ya rogers is better.

I'm biased because I get 35% off of my Bell service, but I hated Rogers. I'm sure they're equally awful. Shaw sucked too.

I haven't had a single issue since I moved to Bell, though. My phone service has been annoying me lately, internet just stops working until I reboot the phone, or switch into and out of airplane mode. I should probably call them about that.

I'm biased because I get 35% off of my Bell service, but I hated Rogers. I'm sure they're equally awful. Shaw sucked too.

I haven't had a single issue since I moved to Bell, though. My phone service has been annoying me lately, internet just stops working until I reboot the phone, or switch into and out of airplane mode. I should probably call them about that.

My phone does the same thing. It's super ****ing annoying.

Ok, so I wrote my first blog entry.

I think you guys may enjoy it. There's only one line where I slightly disparage automobile travel.

It's more of a collection of brief stories from my childhood under the guise of a book review.

http://zachmhenderson.wordpress.com/

Pretty good Zach. Easy writing style, very readable, relatable to most readers. Nice job.

Thanks Chris. That was an easy one. Not about planning issues in any way. Lol. No controversy.

I just read somewhere that it can be a plus to a résumé to write and maintain a blog of some sort, so I figured I'd give it a try. I have a handful of topics jotted down to write about, so I should have some content for at least a half dozen posts. Heh.

Easy to write up book reviews/recommendations, reviews of talks/guest speakers/conferences that I attend too. In that way, it could definitely pad my résumé by showing my commitment to the profession or passion or whatever.

A suggestion with your blog.

Do not make super strong statements and take really strong positions on things that will make you seem like an extremist if you are hoping that it will help you in your career. I'm not saying to lie or take a position that you don't believe in but try and stay away from absolutes when discussing complicated topics.