Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

ya..i read the ärticle...i really didnt learn anything.

as my more articulate colleague Arp wrote your life changes when kids are in the equation. No one is saying people without kids shouldnt have a say in planning...your priorities will change..

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

I think as kids get into their middle to late teens and become more independent you start to think about how good the transit routes are where you live etc.

When Adrian for example is 17 and going to the Karaoke club after school with his friends or going for Korean BBQ or hanging out a Pacific Mall it makes life a lot easier if those things are one good bus ride away.

I'm assuming that all teens do the above along with hang out at Kong Kong cafes and drink bubble tea. If they don't then just ignore everything that I've said.

I think as kids get into their middle to late teens and become more independent you start to think about how good the transit routes are where you live etc.

When Adrian for example is 17 and going to the Karaoke club after school with his friends or going for Korean BBQ or hanging out a Pacific Mall it makes life a lot easier if those things are one good bus ride away.

I'm assuming that all teens do the above along with hang out at Kong Kong cafes and drink bubble tea. If they don't then just ignore everything that I've said.

lol my son was invited to a get together in Markham from his summer job last month

I drove him

Now he just jumps on the subway since it is only 5 mins away

lol..ummm...ya doubt thats what he will be doing..

again, i had a drivers license right before my 17th bday..my parents had two cars, so usually getting a car to drive at night wasnt a problem.

also there are certain areas in the city, i dont want my 16 or 17 year old kid waiting for a bus or a subway..

My house is half a block from Eglinton. On Avenue which is a major rush hour street. In that half block I saw TWO cars parked in the curb lane and bottlenecks at each of them. Where's the traffic cops?

My house is half a block from Eglinton. On Avenue which is a major rush hour street. In that half block I saw TWO cars parked in the curb lane and bottlenecks at each of them. Where's the traffic cops?

The traffic cops are obviously young, carefree, & without children. And you wanted the cops to be car optional, so they're taking longer to ticket them bc they're on the bikes you suggested, in a stupid bike lane. #zachlogic

• Like 2

And you wanted the cops to be car optional, so they're taking longer to ticket them bc they're on the bikes you suggested, in a stupid bike lane. #zachlogic

sorry Z, I really lol'ed on this one.

I think if you call them and lodge some complaints, they are usually pretty good with keeping a watch for those things for a while.

I think if you call them and lodge some complaints, they are usually pretty good with keeping a watch for those things for a while.

Oh it doesn't affect me in any way. I walked past the bottlenecks. :)

It was an illustrative example of how these guys hurt traffic flow. One guy was still sitting in his car, I tried to give him a dirty look, but them I realized it would make no sense. Lol

its minus 20 feels like minus 31..

hope you walkers are bundled up..

I looked out my front window this morning, and on my little cul-de-sac EVERY driveway had a car running in it to warm up the car. Happy ozone day, batman!

I looked out my front window this morning, and on my little cul-de-sac EVERY driveway had a car running in it to warm up the car. Happy ozone day, batman!

remember that all our ozone killing activities was killing the ozone layer, and we were supposed to have no protection and die from heat?

remember that all our ozone killing activities was killing the ozone layer, and we were supposed to have no protection and die from heat?

Are you inferring that global warming isn't a thing?

Are you inferring that global warming isn't a thing?

im inferring no such thing..

thanks..

attempt at some atmospheric humour

HAHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAA....

Good one!

Wait, what?