• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

Thank you for your email. This is an automatic response to acknowledge receipt . Please do not reply

As I promised during the mayoralty election, I am dedicated to delivering customer service excellence, creating a transparent and accountable government, reducing the size and cost of government and building a transportation city.

I will continue to work on behalf of the taxpayers to make sure you get the respect you deserve.

This note is to confirm that we have received your email and that we are looking into your matter.

Please feel free to follow up to check the status of your email.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Yours truly,

Mayor Rob Ford

City of Toronto

We're all in this together.

So I hit a Tim Horton drive thru after driving my wife to work this morning. I order a bunch of stuff totalling $10.75 for breakfast for myself and kids. I go to the window and the lady said the person in front of me paid. I thought okay we are on a pay it forward. So I don't want bad karma and pay for the person behind me (thinking it maybe just a coffee or two etc). Their bill? $11.05. Trust me there is no bigger loser than me.

So I hit a Tim Horton drive thru after driving my wife to work this morning. I order a bunch of stuff totalling $10.75 for breakfast for myself and kids. I go to the window and the lady said the person in front of me paid. I thought okay we are on a pay it forward. So I don't want bad karma and pay for the person behind me (thinking it maybe just a coffee or two etc). Their bill? $11.05. Trust me there is no bigger loser than me.

So for the net loss of .30 cents you completely made someone's day.... You did something nice. If you start applying ROI on being nice, then you're really not being nice.... LOL

• Like 2

So for the net loss of .30 cents you completely made someone's day.... You did something nice. If you start applying ROI on being nice, then you're really not being nice.... LOL

I was actually feeling guilty for my bill being $10.75. So when I heard $11.05 I felt relieved. I did not want to hear $1.65

Its probably a long shot but the story that Jon Bon Jovi and Larry Tanenbaum are interested in purchasing the Buffalo Bills and bringing them to Toronto is a fun one. A new stadium will have to built as well.

The guy on the Buffalo radio said this morning the whole thing can cost about $3.4 Billion ....That includes the purchase price of $800 million to $1Billion, stadium cost of about a $billion, NFL relocation cost of $1billion ish and the buy out of the Ralph Wilson stadium lease...

Thats a lot of coin..Also the sale probably wouldnt happen after Mr Wilson passes away(he is 95)..

Pretty sure the left wing, downtown, bike lane, tree huggers would oppose it somehow, but i doubt the group would need any taxpayer money to get this going.

I personally would love to see it, but doubt its anywhere near being close...

Its probably a long shot but the story that Jon Bon Jovi and Larry Tanenbaum are interested in purchasing the Buffalo Bills and bringing them to Toronto is a fun one. A new stadium will have to built as well.

The guy on the Buffalo radio said this morning the whole thing can cost about $3.4 Billion ....That includes the purchase price of $800 million to $1Billion, stadium cost of about a $billion, NFL relocation cost of $1billion ish and the buy out of the Ralph Wilson stadium lease...

Thats a lot of coin..Also the sale probably wouldnt happen after Mr Wilson passes away(he is 95)..

Pretty sure the left wing, downtown, bike lane, tree huggers would oppose it somehow, but i doubt the group would need any taxpayer money to get this going.

I personally would love to see it, but doubt its anywhere near being close...

I agree with everything you said. The main problem though is that while the group would not need taxpayer money, you can goddamn bet they'll get half a billion in direct funding, subsidies, etc.

Also, depending on the location of the stadium, that could be a shitshow too, but far be it from me too assume they'll make that decision in a shortsighted manner.

I agree with everything you said. The main problem though is that while the group would not need taxpayer money, you can goddamn bet they'll get half a billion in direct funding, subsidies, etc.

Also, depending on the location of the stadium, that could be a shitshow too, but far be it from me too assume they'll make that decision in a shortsighted manner.

You are right..There are a lot of logistics that need to happen..

But the GTA is a huge place....Lots of land , location to build a stadium..I dont think they would try to build it downtown..

Before areas like Downsview...Allen and Sheppard area have been talked about...

Shows what you guys know.....its coming to Markham.

Going to be built right beside the hockey arena for the Markham Panthers.

Wayne, once you get those season tickets, you can park in my driveway and walk to the stadium. I'll give you the friend rate of $40 a day. (Biatch, you get the regular rate of $60/day)

Remember, parking will be at a premium, no subways to Markham!

Tailgating in my backyard, all are welcome.

• Like 1

You don't want that kind of traffic in your city, Arp. It's already bad enough.

Build it in Stouffville!

In all seriousness, I don't want anything else in my area at all. For the suburbs, traffic is already brutal on the streets near me. I certainly do not want to add a hockey arena, definitely not a football stadium for 60/80/90 thousand people, and not even this 1million sq feet extravaganza:

http://fieldgatehomesblog.com/2012/05/03/markham-malls-whats-up-at-king-square/

I would be very happy with Stoufville. Close enough, and it might even have some parking.

Shows what you guys know.....its coming to Markham.

Going to be built right beside the hockey arena for the Markham Panthers.

Wayne, once you get those season tickets, you can park in my driveway and walk to the stadium. I'll give you the friend rate of $40 a day. (Biatch, you get the regular rate of $60/day)

Remember, parking will be at a premium, no subways to Markham!

Tailgating in my backyard, all are welcome.

I will come for the tailgating at Arp's and screw the game.

In all seriousness, I don't want anything else in my area at all. For the suburbs, traffic is already brutal on the streets near me. I certainly do not want to add a hockey arena, definitely not a football stadium for 60/80/90 thousand people, and not even this 1million sq feet extravaganza:

http://fieldgatehome...at-king-square/

I would be very happy with Stoufville. Close enough, and it might even have some parking.

I think the benefits outweigh the problems..

NFL season is only 8 home games..Once a week on a Sunday...

What exactly are the benefits of having an NFL team?

If you need to ask, it isnt for you..

NFL football is awesome..Having an NFL team in Toronto to call our own, super awesome..

If you need to ask, it isnt for you..

NFL football is awesome..Having an NFL team in Toronto to call our own, super awesome..

I'm asking as a (future) professional responsible for the betterment of the public realm.

I'm asking as a (future) professional responsible for the betterment of the public realm.

Well I am answering as a crazed sports fan..

Not sure if our agendas are mutually exclusive or not though.

What exactly are the benefits of having an NFL team?

if you have ever been to a nfl game you will see non stop drinking before the game and during the game. The amount of money spent on beer alone has to be very high. The amount of money spent at bars concessions etc is huge since you will sell out every game