• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

Rob Ford got almost NINE minutes last night on Jon Stewart.... Barack Obama doesn't often get nine minutes...

Ford is setting himself up nicely to be rented out on the celebrity Bachelor Party circuit

Its just idiotic the choices he makes..he needs someone to take control of everything in his life..

Or we just get another mayor altogether, instead of having one who is controlled entirely by someone else who is not elected.

If people agree with his politics, they'll vote someone in with similar views.

This man is clearly unfit to lead this city.

Or we just get another mayor altogether, instead of having one who is controlled entirely by someone else who is not elected.

If people agree with his politics, they'll vote someone in with similar views.

This man is clearly unfit to lead this city.

Lets have a vote..Thats all I have been asking for all along..

Let the people decide..

Again I am not defending his personal buffoon like life...I am defending his politics and the process of which I feel we should replace a mayor..

The laws say they cant get rid of him, the people can..So lets have a vote....

And his new chief of staff was a DJ like a month ago.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing. He was a producer and on air host on an all news radio station.

My cousin went from being a newspaper editor and journalist to being on the staff of the mayor of a medium sized Canadian city. He also has a Masters in Urban Planning but worked as a journalist for 20 years.

Maybe the left wing media suck at their jobs?

If Rob Ford was an American mayor or a senator in a southern state, I bet he get enough support to become President of the United States.

There are publicists, handlers, campaign managers that are salivating at the prospect of being able to work with Rob Ford..

US Politics is filled with buffoons, alcoholics, drug addicts, liars, cheaters....A lot of them became US President

Does anyone play centre when it comes to politics?

I don't think you need anyone to play centre, I think you need people, or at least I would respect people, who decided each issue on its own merit, and not because of how their political party leans on the issue. Just because I'm a fiscal conservative doesn't have to mean I think homosexuality is wrong.

My first thought when I read your line Dale? I thought of myself as Alexander Semin. There are times when I just don't care, but when I do, I really get into the game. I dont play centre, I just go where I feel like playing on the ice, I don't see left/right and I could care less where my team wants me to play.

Does anyone play centre when it comes to politics?

Oh, and if you meant politics/media, then I would say BBC. Its the closest thing I have stumbled upon personally, to the best of my knowledge it seems as close to non-partial as I have found. American TV news is moronic, I never watch a minute to be honest.

If you took the vast spectrum of politics ranging world wide from left to right, and put all the canadian political parties on that line, on a foot long line they would all fit in a 1/4 inch space just left of middle. There is really not a lot of difference between our parties. They preach buzzwords like 'fiscal conservatism' but they all come very close to the same MO and platforms...

If you took the vast spectrum of politics ranging world wide from left to right, and put all the canadian political parties on that line, on a foot long line they would all fit in a 1/4 inch space just left of middle. There is really not a lot of difference between our parties. They preach buzzwords like 'fiscal conservatism' but they all come very close to the same MO and platforms...

Your right. But I think when we talk of left/right politics, we are for the most part referring to the divide in the US. My feeling is that divide is much more greater than that of the Canadian divide.

But its hard to compare Canada to the rest of the world though. The "splinter groups" that occur in Western Europe for example blow me away, with their ultra specialized parties, sometimes running on single issue platforms. Italy is famous for it, and you see some real fringe elements. Maybe that's good, maybe its bad, I don't know. Thats where the real range comes in.

No offence to Serge, but I just dont get why there are so many people who defend Rob Ford to the ends of the Earth. Its just politics, you can like a mans politics without liking him.

But its just like I dont understand people who think Ford is nothing but evil. Obviously he's done some good, or at least his team has.

Your right. But I think when we talk of left/right politics, we are for the most part referring to the divide in the US. My feeling is that divide is much more greater than that of the Canadian divide.

But its hard to compare Canada to the rest of the world though. The "splinter groups" that occur in Western Europe for example blow me away, with their ultra specialized parties, sometimes running on single issue platforms. Italy is famous for it, and you see some real fringe elements. Maybe that's good, maybe its bad, I don't know. Thats where the real range comes in.

No offence to Serge, but I just dont get why there are so many people who defend Rob Ford to the ends of the Earth. Its just politics, you can like a mans politics without liking him.

But its just like I dont understand people who think Ford is nothing but evil. Obviously he's done some good, or at least his team has.

A big reason for the fringe parties in Europe is that in a lot of places they use Proportional Representation which means that a fringe party that only gets a few percent of the vote can get seats in Parliament. In Canada with our winner take all ridings fringe parties have a very hard time getting any attention.

A big reason for the fringe parties in Europe is that in a lot of places they use Proportional Representation which means that a fringe party that only gets a few percent of the vote can get seats in Parliament. In Canada with our winner take all ridings fringe parties have a very hard time getting any attention.

But also sometimes they are just very regional. Their political bases are much more fractured geographically then we are here*. (Im still speaking mostly about the Italian parliament, its just the one I know best in Europe)

*-Then again, we have/had the PQ.

But also sometimes they are just very regional. Their political bases are much more fractured geographically then we are here*. (Im still speaking mostly about the Italian parliament, its just the one I know best in Europe)

*-Then again, we have/had the PQ.

yup that's true too

That isn't necessarily a bad thing. He was a producer and on air host on an all news radio station.

My cousin went from being a newspaper editor and journalist to being on the staff of the mayor of a medium sized Canadian city. He also has a Masters in Urban Planning but worked as a journalist for 20 years.

omg, Zach, please tell me you're going to pursue a MUP.