• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

Not saying it's right, watched it happen in Detroit with Kwamee, but that fool was voted in by the people of the city so it's not surprising that it sheds a bad light on Toronto as a whole. Yes, in a utopian world we could all live by the laws of common sense but well, we don't.

Lot of people have compared Kwamee to Rob Ford..I think its not fair..That guy had bribery, fraud allegations and arrests...Ford to this point has non of that issues..

But blaming the city of Detroit on Kwamee isnt right..Just like blaming the whole USA for George Bush's actions

Out of 100, how much weight would you give to each scenario in your desire to elect a leader:

0 being dont care, 100 being you would never vote for him/her

1 Did hard drugs like crack/cocaine

2. Smoked marijuana in college

3. Admits to being a casual once in a while MJ smoker

4 DUI conviction

5. Monica Liewenski/sex with an intern/cheated on spouse

Out of 100, how much weight would you give to each scenario in your desire to elect a leader:

0 being dont care, 100 being you would never vote for him/her

1 Did hard drugs like crack/cocaine

2. Smoked marijuana in college

3. Admits to being a casual once in a while MJ smoker

4 DUI conviction

5. Monica Liewenski/sex with an intern/cheated on spouse

This is a great question..I would think I could answer by saying, if it doesnt affect the current job...It doesnt matter. However thats not reality..

The main trait I would look in a politician is that he isnt a liar and a cheater...

You should put gambling in your questions.

I would be zero for all of them in a vacuum.

Where they would matter would be in how they reacted and dealt with the issues and how the issues might affect their ability to do the job. For example if their drug use led to them being open to be influenced by criminals that would be a serious issue. Somebody having a substance abuse problem and not dealing with it would be a problem. Somebody have 3 glasses of wine with dinner and blowing over the limit wouldn't change my opinion of them. Somebody regularly getting plastered and driving would be a huge negative to me.

• Like 1

Lot of people have compared Kwamee to Rob Ford..I think its not fair..That guy had bribery, fraud allegations and arrests...Ford to this point has non of that issues..

But blaming the city of Detroit on Kwamee isnt right..Just like blaming the whole USA for George Bush's actions

I think it is fair IMO. They both are in a high office breaking many different laws. Getting caught or not caught doesn't change the fact that a leader is breaking laws. I'm not talking about little laws either. Purchasing crack is a crime. Period. Smoking crack is a crime and also a very damaging thing to do. I don't care about infidelity and stuff but breaking laws while doing your job is just plain unacceptable in such a position. I don't know how it works in Canada but Kwamee as mayor had control of the police force. He could hire and fire chiefs of police. People who have that job should not be criminals. Period.

And i personally will blame Detroit for Kwamee because they voted him in and when he committed those crimes and stole over a million dollars from the city as the fire and police could not respond to issues anymore, they blamed the white man and you still have people saying they want him back. Even after what he did. Sorry that's embarrassing.

I have a feeling toronto is smart enough not to want Ford back.

I would be zero for all of them in a vacuum.

Where they would matter would be in how they reacted and dealt with the issues and how the issues might affect their ability to do the job. For example if their drug use led to them being open to be influenced by criminals that would be a serious issue. Somebody having a substance abuse problem and not dealing with it would be a problem. Somebody have 3 glasses of wine with dinner and blowing over the limit wouldn't change my opinion of them. Somebody regularly getting plastered and driving would be a huge negative to me.

This is the problem with I have with Ford. Not that he diddrugs. But the people that he associates with.

Doug ford has put a new motion in place. He says instead of all this political work of handcuffing Mayor Ford. Let's have an election now.

Let people decide.

This isn't some random person, this is the man that thousands of people, in the biggest, most corporate city in Canada, elected to be their leader. People voted for this guy. No one outside of Toronto is making a distinction between the guy that was elected, and the buffoon they see in front of them today.

I judge Americans based on their love of Kardashians, Justin Bieber and people like Rush Limbaugh. Does that make my opinion worthless too?

To you it might be worthless opinion, to those who need tourist dollars and foreign investment, its a lot more significant than you are making it out to be.

I highly doubt anyone who was planning to come to Toronto at some point in the future will now decide not to because of Rob Ford.

LOL

His behaviour is more likely to be a draw.

I think it is fair IMO. They both are in a high office breaking many different laws. Getting caught or not caught doesn't change the fact that a leader is breaking laws. I'm not talking about little laws either. Purchasing crack is a crime. Period. Smoking crack is a crime and also a very damaging thing to do. I don't care about infidelity and stuff but breaking laws while doing your job is just plain unacceptable in such a position. I don't know how it works in Canada but Kwamee as mayor had control of the police force. He could hire and fire chiefs of police. People who have that job should not be criminals. Period.

And i personally will blame Detroit for Kwamee because they voted him in and when he committed those crimes and stole over a million dollars from the city as the fire and police could not respond to issues anymore, they blamed the white man and you still have people saying they want him back. Even after what he did. Sorry that's embarrassing.

I have a feeling toronto is smart enough not to want Ford back.

We have a "weak" Mayor system in Ontario. The Mayor has no ability to hire or fire anybody other than his own staff.

The Police are overseen by the civilian Police Services Board where the Mayor is just one member. Half of the board are appointed by the Province and half come from the city but the Mayor can't even decide who is on the board as that is an issue that council as a whole decides.

Doug ford has put a new motion in place. He says instead of all this political work of handcuffing Mayor Ford. Let's have an election now.

Let people decide.

the only people who would vote for him now are the criminals and drug dealers.