• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

Rob Ford prime time tonight. 8pm on sun tv where the Fords will explain their side

Also at 8 on CNN Anderson Cooper interview airs.

I think the Mayor is more popular than the media is trying to convey. Mobbed at the Argos game yesterday taking pics. Signing autographs

There is a lot if time till election. If he gets straight. No more stupidity. Gets some rehab. Great pr. Will be interesting how the vote turns out.

I think the Mayor is more popular than the media is trying to convey. Mobbed at the Argos game yesterday taking pics. Signing autographs

There is a lot if time till election. If he gets straight. No more stupidity. Gets some rehab. Great pr. Will be interesting how the vote turns out.

They mob him for the same reason people gather around car wrecks.

They mob him for the same reason people gather around car wrecks.

He's now a celebrity and that's why the mobbing. It's meaningless for how effective he can be at being Mayor but more than likely a negative.

If he's on the ballot next time I'll be voting for the most likely to win non-lefty candidate who I can stomach voting for. Really hoping that is John Tory.

If he's on the ballot next time I'll be voting for the most likely to win non-lefty candidate who I can stomach voting for. Really hoping that is John Tory.

So if the there is no other "right" candidate opposing Ford, you would vote for him?

So if the there is no other "right" candidate opposing Ford, you would vote for him?

I can't vote for him because he can't do the job.

There will be alternatives to people like Olivia Chow or Adam Vaughan on the ballot who I can vote for. The only people I can't vote for are the far left like those two or somebody like Ford who for all the obvious reasons just can't and shouldn't do the job.

George Smitherman wouldn't have been terrible as Mayor. If somebody like him was on the ballot I could vote for them. Basically I will be voting strategically to avoid the worst in both directions. In one direction the Adam Vaughan types and in the other the insanity of Ford.

I can't vote for him because he can't do the job.

There will be alternatives to people like Olivia Chow or Adam Vaughan on the ballot who I can vote for. The only people I can't vote for are the far left like those two or somebody like Ford who for all the obvious reasons just can't and shouldn't do the job.

George Smitherman wouldn't have been terrible as Mayor. If somebody like him was on the ballot I could vote for them. Basically I will be voting strategically to avoid the worst in both directions. In one direction the Adam Vaughan types and in the other the insanity of Ford.

Unfortunately I dont have a vote living in Pickering, but I will encourage everyone to vote in Toronto..We may see a huge turnout..

I am opposed to Adam Vaughan on every issue...Its amazing how that works out.

Ford was on his way to the meetings from his office..Walked in the elevator, noticed Vaughan was in there, and walked right back out.

Article about how bad the commute is from Pickering ... to Jane/Finch.

http://www.bramptong...-out-of-durham/

I'm sorry, but if you work at Jane and Finch and choose to live in Pickering, do you really get to whine about the commute? Even if you wanted to live in a suburb, you can live in places that are far more accessible to Jane and Finch. He even says he takes transit, but it's not like he should expect some direct express service from a random suburb to a place that isn't even a medium sized employment center. The intersection is surrounded by sprawling strip malls, low density housing, and towers-in-the-park style residential only apartments.

edit - there's actually a ton of employment to the west, mostly to the west of the highway, even... point still stands.

Article about how bad the commute is from Pickering ... to Jane/Finch.

http://www.bramptong...-out-of-durham/

I'm sorry, but if you work at Jane and Finch and choose to live in Pickering, do you really get to whine about the commute? Even if you wanted to live in a suburb, you can live in places that are far more accessible to Jane and Finch. He even says he takes transit, but it's not like he should expect some direct express service from a random suburb to a place that isn't even a medium sized employment center. The intersection is surrounded by sprawling strip malls, low density housing, and towers-in-the-park style residential only apartments.

I actually like this guys actions.

Where do you suppose 4 million people live in Toronto? Are they all supposed to live within walking distance of the Yonge Subway line?

Certainly closer than 45 km away from work.

I dont think its geographically, logistically, financially feasible for that to happen.

Nobody said anything about subway lines here, I even advocated he live in a suburb closer to Jane/Finch and drive.

There is on other obvious issue, and that is the employment location of his wife. Perhaps she works a block from home, and the kids school is good, etc.

However, this is a major problem that developed in the last 50 years. We segregated employment centres from residential areas. Now we're seeing a trend back to more mixed-use, but it's too late, at least, it'll take time to fix, if ever. This spatial mismatch between residence and workplace is far too common. Serge, you want to see congestion lowered, this is one of the biggest issues facing it.

I dont think its geographically, logistically, financially feasible for that to happen.

Certainly not because of the way we built cities in the last 50 years. We ****ed it all up, we need to fix those mistakes.

Sure it is. By moving closer he can save a lot of money on transportation costs and if they're a two car family maybe get rid of one of the cars.

There are trade offs and it's impossible for somebody to travel 45 kms on their commute and not have it take a long time.

That doesn't mean that his points about improving transportation between the different municipal regions shouldn't be improved. The border between places like Markham and Scarborough is an artificial one and the more we can integrate the transportation the better.

There actually is an express GO bus (Oshawa-Finch express) from Pickering to Yonge/Finch, then a quick transfer to Jane/Finch. I mean, it's a 90 minute commute, but that's 30 km/hr, which is about the same average speed of a subway.