Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

Someone claims they have seen Ford drive after drinking.

Ford admits he has driven after having a few drinks.

This is turned into;

Ford admits to driving drunk.

Driving after a few drinks is not the same as drunk driving.

Also, did any of these councillors do anything at the time? Did they try to prevent him from driving? Did they call cops.

Ford is far from a saint but this is s witch hunt.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

This is the stupid, childish, ridicolous councillors that we have representing our city. they turn their chairs everytime he speaks..Screw them all:

BZC31H7CMAI-MIW.jpg

Someone claims they have seen Ford drive after drinking.

Ford admits he has driven after having a few drinks.

This is turned into;

Ford admits to driving drunk.

Driving after a few drinks is not the same as drunk driving.

Also, did any of these councillors do anything at the time? Did they try to prevent him from driving? Did they call cops.

Ford is far from a saint but this is s witch hunt.

I will admit it is hard to separate truth from exaggeration when you already have plenty of bad proof on someone, because that isn't productive. I'll also admit that I am a little biased, as it is my opinion that someone who has demonstrated an inability to separate reasonable from excessive drinking cannot "have a few drinks" and appropriately consider if they can drive. But I know that plenty of people out there drink to excess, and most of those people can still have a couple drinks and drive within the legal limits.

It's not a witch hunt. They found a witch. Now they're just trying to actually do something with that information.

This is the stupid, childish, ridicolous councillors that we have representing our city. they turn their chairs everytime he speaks..Screw them all:

If that is actually happening, it is proof of two things:

1) Every person turning their chair is admitting they are pointless, and that they deal with things in a similar way as my 21-month old.

2) The system needs to allow for someone to actually be able to do something.

While we've disagreed on plenty, I want to be clear that the other councillors, as a group, are quite certainly being idiots through all this too, though I think we'd disagree on how and why.

Its obvious who is interfering with city work and getting real job done..

The councillors and also the media..

That'd be like if a meteor dropped onto the 401, and so all the traffic diverted to the QEW, and you blamed all the extra cars for the QEW being slow.

• Like 1

I don't know which is more entertaining, reading comments from Ford or reading your little arguments in this thread.

How anyone can defend this ahole is beyond me. By defending him you are defending his actions whether you want to it not. There's no picking and choosing. If the media didn't do their job you wouldn't know you have a POS running your city. People wAnt transparency then complain when they get it. Lol.

I don't know which is more entertaining, reading comments from Ford or reading your little arguments in this thread.

How anyone can defend this ahole is beyond me. By defending him you are defending his actions whether you want to it not. There's no picking and choosing. If the media didn't do their job you wouldn't know you have a POS running your city. People wAnt transparency then complain when they get it. Lol.

I don't think anyone is defending his actions.

So the media reports a former staffer used the word pussy...that he wanted to eat her "pussy"

The Mayor repeats the statement and denies it, it turns into "Ford uses explicitly sexual language on live tv"

"profane media scrum"

"vulgar language used"

really? He just denied the statement that was out there..

So the media reports a former staffer used the word pussy...that he wanted to eat her "pussy"

The Mayor repeats the statement and denies it, it turns into "Ford uses explicitly sexual language on live tv"

"profane media scrum"

"vulgar language used"

really? He just denied the statement that was out there..

So what is your problem with what is being reported? I don't give a crap what language anyone uses, but read those quotes again. They are a very accurate description of what happened, with no judgment attached, unless you are using your own.

I do have a problem with dopes like the councillor you quoted earlier saying things like using those words is some terrible awful thing. But the three quotes you listed are exactly what happened. He talked about eating pussy. That is sexually explicit and vulgar language. Nothing wrong with using sexually explicit or vulgar language in my opinion. Maybe there is or isn't in your opinion, or anyone else's. But those quotes leave it totally open to forming your own opinion. It just so happens that if someone were to say "omg think of the children he can't use vulgar language on tv" then I would disagree with that person.

Also, his line about having plenty to eat at home continues to win the day.

They should hold their breath until he agrees to step down.

Can't tell if this is serious, or exactly what you're referring to, but can you elaborate?

Also, if he does step down (or takes a leave of absence), I think it is reasonable that the city help pay for any substance abuse assistance he seeks out. I think it is very reasonable to assume that the job and media pressure may have created or exacerbated a problem and should help to resolve it, even if no one else acted unreasonably.

Anyone decent to follow on twitter for updates on this kind of thing?

Anyone decent to follow on twitter for updates on this kind of thing?

all of twitter?

Ford:

I apologize for my graphic language.

I have been under a lot of stress.

I am receiving advice and help from professionals about my drinking

Do not come after my family and make remarks with no validity.

Ford:

I apologize for my graphic language.

I have been under a lot of stress.

I am receiving advice and help from professionals about my drinking

Do not come after my family and make remarks with no validity.

I wish he'd use more graphic language.

Very glad to hear he is receiving professional advice (or at least, he says he is). As Zach said earlier though, he is a public figure. He chose that. If he wants to continue doing a public job, and the help/advice he is getting are a basis for him being able to do that, that help/advice has to be public too. Not inviting the media to therapy sessions, but who he is seeing and how often is absolutely a reasonable thing for the public to know.

I wish he'd use more graphic language.

Very glad to hear he is receiving professional advice (or at least, he says he is). As Zach said earlier though, he is a public figure. He chose that. If he wants to continue doing a public job, and the help/advice he is getting are a basis for him being able to do that, that help/advice has to be public too. Not inviting the media to therapy sessions, but who he is seeing and how often is absolutely a reasonable thing for the public to know.

The cops are following him 24/7 so they should probably know who he's seeing.

Holding a public position doesn't mean the details of his medical care should be public knowledge.

The line between agressive Paparazzi and respected journalist is getting more blurred everyday..

now the media is complaining that they got pushed my the mayor and the security guard..

Well you stuck 50 cameras in his face , now you complain..

The cops are following him 24/7 so they should probably know who he's seeing.

Holding a public position doesn't mean the details of his medical care should be public knowledge.

The cops are a different story. Their information is not public record when it is unrelated to the reasons they are following him.

If his medical care is the basis for his ability to continue to hold his position as a public employee, then yes, it should be public knowledge. That is a very different thing than suggesting that we should know who his personal physician is, or any other public employee's medical care.

The line between agressive Paparazzi and respected journalist is getting more blurred everyday..

now the media is complaining that they got pushed my the mayor and the security guard..

Well you stuck 50 cameras in his face , now you complain..

I never get those media scrums. If someone showed up in front of me with a camera asking questions, and impeded my ability to get where I'm going, you're goddamn right they're getting pushed.