• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

Just because he claims to have purchased illegal drugs doesn't make it true.

But it means that he tried to, wanted to, or...claimed to. All of which are almost exactly as bad as buying it.

the provincial government has said there is no reason to step in..

Also he hasnt been charged with any crimes..He has admitted to smoking crack, but no charges..

Being drunk once in a while and releasing crazy drug fuelled videos arent really criminal offences.

Seems really weird that the council has no internal power. The mayor has also broken the law several times, including drugs, public drunkenness and various driving offenses. Would any non-public person go to jail for these? No, so I'm glad the Mayor isn't getting any 'special' treatment there.

The Province is moronic if they're not stepping in. To suggest that a city councillor should have to be formally charged/convicted of a crime to be unsuitable for the position is absurd.

But it means that he tried to, wanted to, or...claimed to. All of which are almost exactly as bad as buying it.

Seems really weird that the council has no internal power. The mayor has also broken the law several times, including drugs, public drunkenness and various driving offenses. Would any non-public person go to jail for these? No, so I'm glad the Mayor isn't getting any 'special' treatment there.

The Province is moronic if they're not stepping in. To suggest that a city councillor should have to be formally charged/convicted of a crime to be unsuitable for the position is absurd.

Are we talking "almost exactly as bad" from a moral standpoint or a legal one :)

Look at if from another perspective:

Would you want it to be easy for the powers that be to disregard the popular vote?

Are we talking "almost exactly as bad" from a moral standpoint or a legal one :)

Would you want it to be easy for the powers that be to disregard the popular vote?

Ya, exactly this.

He was elected. Until he is convicted of a crime, everything else is just politics.

Ya, exactly this.

He was elected. Until he is convicted of a crime, everything else is just politics.

He either has to be incarcerated to be removed not just convicted of a crime or miss three months of council meetings.

He either has to be incarcerated to be removed not just convicted of a crime or miss three months of council meetings.

I dont know the legalities of municipal politics, but your telling me if he gets convicted of murder, they cant take him out of the office of the mayor until he has missed 3 months of meetings?

I dont know the legalities of municipal politics, but your telling me if he gets convicted of murder, they cant take him out of the office of the mayor until he has missed 3 months of meetings?

no, they can remove him from office if he misses 3 months of meetings no matter the reason for missing the meetings

Or they can remove him if he is in jail.

If let's say he's convicted of drunk driving, possession of crack and being overweight but isn't given jail time that isn't a reason they can remove him since he isn't in jail.

BY-XIZjCcAEZJX3.jpg

The reason for Serge's man love of Ford become all too obvious

Huge sports fan. Major Leaf fan. All the crack in the world can't change that

A little of both? Morally, I have no problem with just about anything one or more adults do in the privacy of their homes that doesn't unduly effect people who don't want to be effected. That goes for drugs too. But if you hold a public office, your job restricts what you can do when it relates to opening yourself up to blackmail and setting very public examples of what crimes can be committed without prosecution! Good to now that if I live in Toronto, I can go on cracked-out threatening rampages, abuse staff members, admit to buying and using drugs, reading while driving, driving impaired, and I won't lose my job or get any worse than a traffic ticket.

The motion that all councillors should be drug tested is awesome.

Let's go mr Minnan-Wong. Take a test

http://www.rbs.ca/ne...ing-Canada.html

Random testing during an employee's employment is almost never permitted in Canada. The uncertainty that previously surrounded this issue has now been resolved by a decision of the Supreme Court of Canada released just last month.

In Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada, Local 30 v. Irving Pulp & Paper, Ltd. our Supreme Court considered the impact of random drug and alcohol testing on an employee's right to dignity and privacy and balanced this right against the employer's concerns for workplace safety and discipline. Ultimately siding with the employees on this issue, the Court decided that random drug and alcohol testing of employees would not be permitted even in a dangerous work environment, unless an employer could prove that there was a general problem with alcohol or drug abuse in its workplace. Based on this decision, the vast majority of Canadian employers will not be permitted to maintain policies for random drug and alcohol testing.

--

In ~1998 I did a co-op at EDS (Electronic Data Systems of Ross Perot fame) who had a company policy of having mandatory drug tests. As HR was unsure of the legality of it they reported everyone was clean to the mothership -- even though a few people were tested positive for marijuana.

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford said he’s suing a number of former staffers who spoke to the police about allegations of the mayor’s drug use.

The former staff members also spoke to police about alleged instances of the mayor’s drunken behaviour and supposed interactions with alleged prostitutes.

“I never had a prostitute here,” Ford said on Thursday morning.

Ford went on to talk about a entry in the document that said he made sexual comments about his former policy advisor, Olivia Gondek.

He used explicit language to describe oral sex.

“(The document) says that that I wanted to eat her p****. I’ve never said that in my life to her, I would never do that,” Ford said. “I’m happily married and have enough to eat at home.”

MORE TO COME

WARNING LEWD LANGUAGE - What Toronto Mayor Rob Ford just said on TV to Torontonians.

After announcing he plans to sue three former staffers and a waiter at the Toronto Bier Markt who told police he thinks he saw the mayor do cocaine, Ford dropped this bit of outrageous language:

"It hurts my wife when they call a friend of mine a prostitute. Alana is not a prostitute. She's a friend. And it makes me sick how people are saying this. So unfortunately, I have no other choice. I'm the last one to take legal action, I can't put up with it anymore. So I've named the names. Litigation will be starting shortly. I've had enough. That's why I warned you guys yesterday be careful what you wrote. That's all I have to say for now. And the next thing I want to call Mayor Bratina in Hamilton and tell them we are going to have to spank their little tiger cats. Oh and the last thing was Olivia Gondek, it says it says that I wanted to eat her pussy. Olivia Gondek. I've never said that in my life to her. I would never do that. I'm

happily married. I've got more than enough to eat at home. Thank you very much."

Then the mayor confirmed he may have driven drunk.

The problem with these media reports is that as soon as its reported, its taken as 100% true.

The Public Flogging continues...I am glad he is fighting back and will sue these people..

The solution to this is so easy Mr Mayor..Take a 2 week vacation to get away..Get some help with respect to your addicitions..

Let your lawyers and helpers handle the media and legal issues.

• Like 1