Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

If I didn't know Chris better, I would say this is a carefully worded sentence that he could get out of 1year from now when a video of him using crack is suddenly found.

"I didnt say I never used crack cocaine, you asked if I ever smoked it, and I said I have never smoked crack.....I have smoked crack cocaine however, yes. I sincerely sincerely apologize"

I've said I'm sorry. Now **** off and leave me alone so I can score some cra... er... run the city!!

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

In line with our discussions this past week, there's a really interesting (I assume, I haven't seen it yet) documentary playing this week at the Bloor Cinema.

The Human Scale (links to a short preview that auto-plays)

The human scale questions our assumptions about modernity, exploring what happens when we put people into the center of our equations. For 40 years the Danish architect Jan Gehl has systematically studied human behavior in cities. His starting point was an interest in people, more than buildings – in what he called Life Between Buildings. What made it exist? When was it destroyed? How could it be brought back? This lead to studies of how human beings use the streets, how they walk, see, rest, meet, interact etc. Jan Gehl also uses statistics, but the questions he asks are different. For instance: How many people pass this street throughout a 24 hour period? How many percent of those are pedestrians? How many are driving cars or bikes? How much of the street space are the various groups allowed to use? Is this street performing well for all its users? Jan Gehl made his first studies in Italy and later he inspired the planning of Denmark’s capital, Copenhagen, for 40 years. His ideas inspired the creation of walking streets, the building and improvements of bike paths and the reorganization of parks, squares and other public spaces throughout this city and in many other cities in the Nordic region. Around the world cities like Melbourne, Dhaka, New York, Chongqing and Christchurch are now also being inspired by Gehl’s work and by the developments in Copenhagen.
  • Like 1

I am sitting in a Starbucks in downtown Toronto waiting for a client to come into the office.

Boy the ladies down here are WOW

What did you order?

My favourite drink to order is a TALL BLOND

Starbucks gave me a $20 gift card on twitter the other day. They replied to a tweet about me going to play hockey. No mention of coffee or Starbucks or anything else related to their business. It was strange. I wasn't even following them.

Starbucks gave me a $20 gift card on twitter the other day. They replied to a tweet about me going to play hockey. No mention of coffee or Starbucks or anything else related to their business. It was strange. I wasn't even following them.

First Taco Bell now Starbucks..

Professional Twitter dude you are.

I saw that and thought you lucky sob

Is anyone else getting one of these? People lined up today to get one, the Mayor is taking pics and autographing them.

rob-ford-bobblehead.jpg?w=620

They sold a 1000..All the money goes to charity..

Apparently on Kijiji and Ebay people are selling it for more than 10 times the worth.

Charity is one his crack whores, right?

lol cmon..He admitted to smoking crack..

No one is saying whores are involved..

YET

Reminds me of a joke on Weekend Update a couple years ago... they had a joke-off, it was like Tina Fey and Jimmy Fallon vs Amy Poehler and Seth Myers, about a strip club in NY that was accepting toys for charity.

One of the jokes:

So remember, bring a toy for charity.... and she'll give it to the manager.

Things just got really exciting..THey had to call a break..

Doug Ford to Councillor Minnon-Wong : Have you ever smoked Marijuana..Answer the question..

Very exciting to watch