Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

I wonder what the marginal cost of running a subway is. Like, it's 930 pm and I'm heading south, and there are 10 people on the 3 cars I can see. 4 min headways. Wonder how much more it costs than running at 5 or 6 min headways.

All the track and signal work being done is purely to increase capacity at crush. No reason to improve capacity at way off peak hours.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

In all seriousness, isn't this what we all thought he was anyway?

I mean, is anyone surprised he's a guy with a hot temper, and a big mouth? I have to imagine even his biggest supporters would have to admit this is who he is.

He thought he was in private with his friends, and let off some steam. I really dont see a huge shock or issue with this.

Dude's nuts.....surprise!

whats worse

Drinking yourself to a drunken stupor and doing crack outside of your job.

Smoking pot inside your office on parliament.

whats worse

Drinking yourself to a drunken stupor and doing crack outside of your job.

Smoking pot inside your office on parliament.

Drinking yourself into a drunken stupor and doing crack. No question.

Drinking yourself into a drunken stupor and doing crack. No question.

fair enough..

But why doesnt the other one get any flak from the left wing media?

fair enough..

But why doesnt the other one get any flak from the left wing media?

Because most people think casual pot use isn't a big deal. And to my knowledge Trudeau didn't smoke pot in his office on Parliament Hill but rather has admitted to smoking pot while he's been an MP.

I think it's a total non issue and I think Trudeau is a total lightweight without the experience or ability to be Prime Minister and I think his Father was by far the worst Prime Minister in my life time.

Unfortunately in my (Day) job, I spend a lot of time around people cracked out, and tweaking on meth... IMHO, Ford isn't drunk in this latest video, he's higher than a kite....

Unfortunately in my (Day) job, I spend a lot of time around people cracked out, and tweaking on meth... IMHO, Ford isn't drunk in this latest video, he's higher than a kite....

I've never been around people that have done serious drugs.

Serious question

What kind of difference does crack have , as compared to snorting cocaine?

I've never been around people that have done serious drugs.

Serious question

What kind of difference does crack have , as compared to snorting cocaine?

Crackheads and meth heads are much more manic, like Ford is acting in that video. Just snorting coke doesn't have the same rush high...

*EDIT: I have never smoked crack.....

Been reading a couple cool books lately. Well, not really reading them, got them for a research paper, and just flipped through them. Anyways, some really cool stories about the city.

Unbuilt Toronto (1 and 2). Really cool.

*EDIT: I have never smoked crack.....

If I didn't know Chris better, I would say this is a carefully worded sentence that he could get out of 1year from now when a video of him using crack is suddenly found.

"I didnt say I never used crack cocaine, you asked if I ever smoked it, and I said I have never smoked crack.....I have smoked crack cocaine however, yes. I sincerely sincerely apologize"