Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

Thanks, yes I am from London, England. Once a Canadian friend of mine told me she was going to London and I got all excited that we could hang out. That's how I learned about London, Ontario.

I already got my ticket for the Jays game yesterday, I could have gotten it super cheap but I wanted all that food. I also want to buy a Bluejays shirt while I'm out there but I read that it's much cheaper to get one in Target so I guess I'll have to try to get to one on public transport. Looks like it'll be 2 buses, 1 hour to get there from my hostel, damn it.

The hockey game will be pre-season if I get a ticket, because I'm in Canada from Sep 16 - Oct 4. Bummed to have missed out on basketball season as I was going to try to catch a Raptors game and get all the sports in.

If you just want a shirt and not an official jersey for 10x the price, you can get something cheap and knockoffy for less than $20 from a vendor outside the stadium.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

If you just want a shirt and not an official jersey for 10x the price, you can get something cheap and knockoffy for less than $20 from a vendor outside the stadium.

I just want something nice and fitted (for ladies) that has the cute bird logo on it. Such a girl.

Thanks for the advice y'all, I bought my ticket for the "Habs" today, $50 and not far from the centre line (but high up). Happy with that outcome!

If any Torontonians or whatever the word is want to recommend me some cool place to go, feel free to shoot me a PM with your tips, it would be much appreciated. I'm there for a week so I've got time to do less touristy thing, explore neighbourhoods etc.

I just want something nice and fitted (for ladies) that has the cute bird logo on it. Such a girl.

Thanks for the advice y'all, I bought my ticket for the "Habs" today, $50 and not far from the centre line (but high up). Happy with that outcome!

If any Torontonians or whatever the word is want to recommend me some cool place to go, feel free to shoot me a PM with your tips, it would be much appreciated. I'm there for a week so I've got time to do less touristy thing, explore neighbourhoods etc.

first question will be where are you staying in Toronto and will you have access to a car ?

Great.

Toronto is one of the most multicultural cities in the world. Maybe even more then London.

We also have a very eclectic selection of restaurants and neighbourhoods..Like Chinatown, Greektown, Little Italy and a lot of other small pockets of ethnicity. Its a really cool city ,( I am biased).

You will also notice a huge difference between Montreal and Toronto. In Montreal you will notice you are in a different country than any other city in Canada...It has a very European feel and its unique features. French is predominantly spoken and all outdoor signage is in French. Even though English is one of the official languages you may run into a few places off the beaten path that dont speak English. Most touristy places and downtown you are good.

Toronto is essentially an "American" style city. As a matter of fact it passes for New York and Chicago in movies and tv shows all the time.

September is a beatiful time, my favourite time of the year as the weather is usually very good...Not too humid anymore and not winter yet...You should get 20 degree temperatures.

Be sure to check out Harbourfront, St Lawrence Market..Maybe take a ride up the CN Tower..If you are becoming a hockey fan, check out the Hall of fame..

We also have numerous malls in and around the city where you can shop on end...The Eatons Centre is a big one downtown and is centred in Dundas Square where there is lots of festivities an action...A mini Times Square if you will...

Let us know what you are interested in , we will help you find it.

Sweet, I will for sure watch the Bourdain video. I'll be staying just off Clarence Square, very close to the CN Tower. No car, I'll be relying on public transport.

In terms of stuff I like: local/craft beers, food markets, vintagey stuff, nature/beauty spots, independent cafes and coffee shops, quirky stuff, food in general (nb: I'm vegetarian). I'd like to go places that locals go to rather than just touristy places, and it would be good to know places where I can go chill and read a book or something if I get tired of wandering around. Definitely want to visit all these different ethnic neighbourhoods. I'm trying to plan a few things for evenings as I am travelling alone and you never know if you'll meet people to go out with, so I think I'm going to buy a ticket for a gig at this place called Lee's Palace I saw on a youtube video.

Sweet, I will for sure watch the Bourdain video. I'll be staying just off Clarence Square, very close to the CN Tower. No car, I'll be relying on public transport.

In terms of stuff I like: local/craft beers, food markets, vintagey stuff, nature/beauty spots, independent cafes and coffee shops, quirky stuff, food in general (nb: I'm vegetarian). I'd like to go places that locals go to rather than just touristy places, and it would be good to know places where I can go chill and read a book or something if I get tired of wandering around. Definitely want to visit all these different ethnic neighbourhoods. I'm trying to plan a few things for evenings as I am travelling alone and you never know if you'll meet people to go out with, so I think I'm going to buy a ticket for a gig at this place called Lee's Palace I saw on a youtube video.

Not sure if you were being facetious, but Lee's Palace is maybe the best-known venue (other than the giant stadiums) for music in the city. I wasn't cool, so I only went once, though I have no idea what made it more or less special than anywhere else. Kind of looked like the bar in an episode of Buffy i I'm being honest. I did see Bif Naked there 15 years ago (my first concert), so obviously I'm the height of cool and populist opinions.

Anyhoo - a cool thing you might enjoy is to walk around the Yorkville area in the evening. It's a super-rich area of downtown with lots of cool jazz clubs that you can wander into for a genuinely enjoyable hipster evening. If you are wandering downtown alone though, just keep your bearings, as you could be on a street with Ferrari's, and 30 seconds later are somewhere you don't want to be.

We also have numerous malls in and around the city where you can shop on end...The Eatons Centre is a big one downtown and is centred in Dundas Square where there is lots of festivities an action...A mini Times Square if you will...

Let us know what you are interested in , we will help you find it.

Don't come to Toronto to go to the eaton center. It is a mall. It has stores you find in every mall on the planet.

I'm new here, but I suggest you go to the Kensington Market.

Oh and if you include a picture, Zach is single and will accompany you to anywhere you need to go..

He likes Beer and is pretty good limit holdem player.

Has a poor taste in favourite hockey teams, but overall good guy.

Also he is a semi pro actor, that has a nationally televised Taco Bell commercial.

Don't come to Toronto to go to the eaton center. It is a mall. It has stores you find in every mall on the planet.

I'm new here, but I suggest you go to the Kensington Market.

This..

Been in Toronto 30 plus years, I been to Eaton centre maybe 10-15 times...So many malls around town.

Oh and if you include a picture, Zach is single and will accompany you to anywhere you need to go..

Also he is a semi pro actor, that has a nationally televised Taco Bell commercial.

Lol. If Zach wants a reference he can ask strategy/InternetExplorer. He's my ex-boyfriend.

Man, I love me some Taco Bell. I feel like you can't go to fast food joints in town most places though? Maybe I'm wrong but I'm used to Taco Bells as drive thrus and I don't drive.

Lol. If Zach wants a reference he can ask strategy/InternetExplorer. He's my ex-boyfriend.

Man, I love me some Taco Bell. I feel like you can't go to fast food joints in town most places though? Maybe I'm wrong but I'm used to Taco Bells as drive thrus and I don't drive.

well there will be a Taco Bell at the Eaton's Centre

Weekly transit pass for Monday to Sunday is $38.50 if you luck out and are here at the start of a week.

The U of Toronto campus has a lot of interesting old buildings and will be a spot you can chill out with a book.

I would suggest just doing a lot of walking as long as that isn't something you don't like. You're staying in a good spot to start exploring from on foot.

Not sure if you were being facetious, but Lee's Palace is maybe the best-known venue (other than the giant stadiums) for music in the city. I wasn't cool, so I only went once, though I have no idea what made it more or less special than anywhere else. Kind of looked like the bar in an episode of Buffy i I'm being honest. I did see Bif Naked there 15 years ago (my first concert), so obviously I'm the height of cool and populist opinions.

Anyhoo - a cool thing you might enjoy is to walk around the Yorkville area in the evening. It's a super-rich area of downtown with lots of cool jazz clubs that you can wander into for a genuinely enjoyable hipster evening. If you are wandering downtown alone though, just keep your bearings, as you could be on a street with Ferrari's, and 30 seconds later are somewhere you don't want to be.

Not facetious, I am genuinely ignorant about Toronto. Never been to Canada before.

Re: Yorkville, I dig cool jazz clubs, that sounds right up my alley.

p.s. hey MDG, what's up? You got kids now?

Not facetious, I am genuinely ignorant about Toronto. Never been to Canada before.

Re: Yorkville, I dig cool jazz clubs, that sounds right up my alley.

p.s. hey MDG, what's up? You got kids now?

LOL. MDG knows other people.

I will also nominate Zach

$650 enticed me to get into a stranger's van, then they called to say they'd pay me $741.50 more plus residuals because they decided to put it on TV.

To be fair though, I've yet to see a dime.