Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

They are made with Doritos as the shell. Have you been in a cave for the last two years? They're a smashing success in the USA. They just launched cool ranch ones there, and also an extra spicy version. We get the original nacho cheese Doritos.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

The taco shell is just like a Doritos chip. I actually tried my first (3) last week after watching Zachs video. I'm not a huge Doritos fan but I really liked it. Might try a cool ranch one this week. Did you guys get that one or just the original?

Hi internet hockey men from Canada. Can I ask you a question?

I'm heading to Canada in a few weeks to do a little travelling (Quebec City - Montreal - Ottawa - Toronto). I'd like to see a hockey game while I'm over there. Maple Leafs is too expensive for my taste, but I have options to see Mont. Canadiens vs. Ott. Senators (in Ottawa) or Mont. Canadiens vs NJ Devils (in Montreal). Can anyone recommend which game would be better to watch, and whether it matters where my seats are?

Thank you in advance if anyone gives me advice.

Unrelated note: I'm going to a Bluejays game when I'm in Toronto. Went for the grand slam combo, hope it's worth it.

They are made with Doritos as the shell. Have you been in a cave for the last two years? They're a smashing success in the USA. They just launched cool ranch ones there, and also an extra spicy version. We get the original nacho cheese Doritos.

I haven't eaten at a Taco Bell in 5-10 years...

I'm heading to Canada in a few weeks to do a little travelling (Quebec City - Montreal - Ottawa - Toronto). I'd like to see a hockey game while I'm over there. Maple Leafs is too expensive for my taste, but I have options to see Mont. Canadiens vs. Ott. Senators (in Ottawa) or Mont. Canadiens vs NJ Devils (in Montreal). Can anyone recommend which game would be better to watch, and whether it matters where my seats are?

Unrelated note: I'm going to a Bluejays game when I'm in Toronto. Went for the grand slam combo, hope it's worth it.

IMO:

Better to see a game in Montreal. More history, tradition there.

Seats wont matter too much, but if at all possible go for centre ice line, and try to be closer.

I dont know what the grand slam combo is, but sounds like pancakes and I love pancakes.

If you can swing it probably Montreal. The arena is a lot easier for a tourist to get to (downtown on the metro) and it will be more of a 'hometown' crowd. Could be a snoozer of a game versus NJ but Montrealers know how to cheer for a winner. As an added bonus the habs will have some 45 minute ceremony honouring <something> before the game so you will get two shows for the price of one.

Ottawa/Montreal should be a dynamite game if the emotion of the playoffs carries over. Avoid the coca-cola zone (kids get bored an try and get the wave going the 2nd half of the game) but seats are pretty much all good. Middle ice 200s is probably the best bang for buck.

I haven't eaten at a Taco Bell in 5-10 years...

I am not a big fan of Doritos. Actual hate the chips but the kids like it. I tried it and still not a big fan. I do however love Taco Bell.

definitely Montreal. I was at the bell centre for a leafs/Canadians game and the game was in Toronto. The bar in the bell centre was still rocking. It is also right downtown so that is good. I do think pricing might be on par with leafs games however. Nosebleeds can be had for $100 per seat depending on the game in Toronto.

Also not sure what the grand slam is. Never heard of it

The 'grand slam combo' means you pay extra and you get unlimited hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, peanuts, soft drink and apples. Yes, apples. I don't think they do it very often, but I read about it on a few blogs and it sounded good to me. I love ballpark food.

Thanks for the insight guys, sounds like Montreal is a winner if I can get affordable tickets. I looked on stubhub earlier and it seemed cheaper than the Leafs but now I am doubting my research...

I found the DLT's wildly mediocre. The shells shouldn't be as chewy as they always seem to be.

. I was in a Taco Bell/KFC today. First thing to came to my head was the Doritos and Zach. I however just got the townie special instead

KFC is just nasty now, I had to stop eating there because it never fails to make me sick as a dog. Massive heartburn to a "scorched esophagus" degree, and the serious 11 Herbs and Spices shits. Popeye's chicken is still digestible, thankfully. I eat there maybe three times a year though.

All of those hockey games will be tough tickets to get

You can get Habs tickets if you spend a day on your computer when they go on sale. They only sell two tickets per customer (credit card) all season.

Sens are usually easy, but Habs games just end up with more Habs fans and they jack the price a little.

I guess you wouldn't have an issue with secondary market tickets in MTL.

KFC is just nasty now, I had to stop eating there because it never fails to make me sick as a dog. Massive heartburn to a "scorched esophagus" degree, and the serious 11 Herbs and Spices shits. Popeye's chicken is still digestible, thankfully. I eat there maybe three times a year though.

you don't like the new mushroom rice or KFC Borsch ?

new_img_3.jpg

new_img_2.jpg

What is a townie special?

I wish our local KFC wasn't gross but it is. Chicken coating is always soggy with grease, even extra crispy.

I misspelled it. It is twonie special. On Tuesday KFC sells 2 piece dark meat plus fries for $2.49. It use to be $1.99 that is why twonie special came from

Also while I was there, a kid in front of me kept bugging his friends for money so he can eat. He kept saying he was straving and did not have breakfast. There must have been 6 kids in total. All of them said no. So he stood behind them looking dejected. All the time I kept thinking it is the first day of school and the kid did not have breakfast or lunch? So I step in and paid for lunch for the kid. All the time he kept calling me sir and saying thank you. I was like don't bug me kid and just eat.

The 'grand slam combo' means you pay extra and you get unlimited hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, peanuts, soft drink and apples. Yes, apples. I don't think they do it very often, but I read about it on a few blogs and it sounded good to me. I love ballpark food.

Thanks for the insight guys, sounds like Montreal is a winner if I can get affordable tickets. I looked on stubhub earlier and it seemed cheaper than the Leafs but now I am doubting my research...

Are you from London England?

Welcome to our country. The Jays game will be fun.

If its a preseason hockey game seats will be easier to get.

Are you from London England?

Welcome to our country. The Jays game will be fun.

If its a preseason hockey game seats will be easier to get.

Thanks, yes I am from London, England. Once a Canadian friend of mine told me she was going to London and I got all excited that we could hang out. That's how I learned about London, Ontario.

I already got my ticket for the Jays game yesterday, I could have gotten it super cheap but I wanted all that food. I also want to buy a Bluejays shirt while I'm out there but I read that it's much cheaper to get one in Target so I guess I'll have to try to get to one on public transport. Looks like it'll be 2 buses, 1 hour to get there from my hostel, damn it.

The hockey game will be pre-season if I get a ticket, because I'm in Canada from Sep 16 - Oct 4. Bummed to have missed out on basketball season as I was going to try to catch a Raptors game and get all the sports in.