The Vegas/poker Themed Screenplay “Vegas Knights” Wins Its 3Rd Honor.

I can tell many of you haven't lived in Vegas. People for the most part who have lived in Vegas respect gaming. It's part of the culture. I can tell many of you don't respect gaming and its image, because if you did you wouldn't act this way in a thread devoted to a script that can help promote gaming/poker. I see an unfortunate few who are really hurting the image of a great pastime. I lived in Vegas for 9 years and I learned to respect gaming as an important American pastime. Maybe not on the level of football and basketball but an important pastime none the less. Yes, some of you guys really hurt the image of gaming in my opinion, but so be it I guess.

If you want to spend a lot of your time on a gaming website some of you ought to live in Vegas for a few years and know what it's like to be the real deal when it comes to understanding gaming and not just be a parasite who always takes and gives back little or nothing to a great American pastime.

To the guy/woman above who has taken my real name (Gerry Burlage) and are using it as your alias, you really should talk to a professional. I've taken enough psychology courses to know you want attention, control, and get pleasure out of creating havoc but you really seriously need to get a life for your own good.

In addition to confusing at least 3 people in this thread (which I know you could care less about), you are also being dishonest by taking something that was said on another site in a totally different context and putting it in here. Trolls like you hurt the image of poker players, but as I said before i know you could care less about that as your goal is simply to relieve the boredom in your life by harassing other people in a deceiving way.

To the moderator: as I have said before, I can prove who I am by calling you on the phone and you will see my name on the caller ID. This troll pretending to be me won't be able to do that. He/she should be cut off as he/she is confusing other people (including my friends and other people who know me) in a dishonest and a deceiving way.. He/she wants control, attention, and to create havoc. If he/she is allowed to continue that's just what you will be giving him/her.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a question for world famous script writer, Gerry Burlage. Do you like renaissance faires?

Just so we're clear:   You're counting making this list as one of the 'honors'?            

Things don't move as quickly as you think in the screenplay world, Guapo. In the industry (that's what we insiders call it. You might know it as "Hollywood") it takes years, and at least three natio

I'm super confused. Are there two Gerry's or one? I really respected Vegas Knights, but now I'm questioning his sanity; with the talking to himself schitck.

To the guy/woman above who has taken my real name (Gerry Burlage) and are using it as your alias, you really should talk to a professional. I've taken enough psychology courses to know you want attention, control, and get pleasure out of creating havoc but you really seriously need to get a life for your own good.

In addition to confusing at least 3 people in this thread (which I know you could care less about), you are also being dishonest by taking something that was said on another site in a totally different context and putting it in here. Trolls like you hurt the image of poker players, but as I said before i know you could care less about that as your goal is simply to relieve the boredom in your life by harassing other people in a deceiving way.

To the moderator: as I have said before, I can prove who I am by calling you on the phone and you will see my name on the caller ID. This troll pretending to be me won't be able to do that. He/she should be cut off as he/she is confusing other people (including my friends and other people who know me) in a dishonest and a deceiving way.. He/she wants control, attention, and to create havoc. If he/she is allowed to continue that's just what you will be giving him/her.

Lighten up on the aggrandizing and promotion stuff.

I know you have a lot of emotional investment in this thing but you have to let it (the script) live or die on merit.

There is no amount of internet posting of 'fake reviews' that can raise a sinking ship or help a wet blanket to catch fire.

The problem is that now, you, personally, have become the source of trollertainment.

People over a certain age tend to struggle with knowing where the reality-line exists with internet discourse so they're majorly vulerable to being trolled to death. You're not doing yourself any favors here but more importantly, you're not doing us any favors since watching someone who's otherwise sincere about accomplishing something get trolled isn't amusing and is actually kinda sad, even if they're so lacking in self-awareness that they bring it all onto themselves.

Go.

Leave this place.

Go now.

I hear there's massively growing interest in Lacrosse. Maybe one day, we'll see your name on the big screen with a hit Hollywood film abuot Trevor and Jeremy, two plucky upper-middle class cul-de-sac kids who make the state college team against all odds. Here's a film industry protip: If you want to get greenlighted, make them either gay or jews (but not gay jews)

• Like 1

I have a question for world famous script writer, Gerry Burlage. Do you like renaissance faires?

I don't know that I could call myself world famous yet. I wouldn't want to be delusional and claim to be something that I'm not.

Can't say that I've ever attended a renaissance fair.

I know you have a lot of emotional investment in this thing but you have to let it (the script) live or die on merit.

There is no amount of internet posting of 'fake reviews' that can raise a sinking ship or help a wet blanket to catch fire.

The problem is that now, you, personally, have become the source of trollertainment.

People over a certain age tend to struggle with knowing where the reality-line exists with internet discourse so they're majorly vulerable to being trolled to death. You're not doing yourself any favors here but more importantly, you're not doing us any favors since watching someone who's otherwise sincere about accomplishing something get trolled isn't amusing and is actually kinda sad, even if they're so lacking in self-awareness that they bring it all onto themselves.

Go.

Leave this place.

Go now.

I hear there's massively growing interest in Lacrosse. Maybe one day, we'll see your name on the big screen with a hit Hollywood film abuot Trevor and Jeremy, two plucky upper-middle class cul-de-sac kids who make the state college team against all odds. Here's a film industry protip: If you want to get greenlighted, make them either gay or jews (but not gay jews)

This tactic has been tried, however, it was nice of you anyway.

I don't know that I could call myself world famous yet. I wouldn't want to be delusional and claim to be something that I'm not.

Can't say that I've ever attended a renaissance fair.

This is Gerry Burlage {aka Vegas Knights}. To the troll above who is impersonating me by using my real name as your alias I thought you might be interested in the following article since you like to impersonate people:

Can You Go to Jail for Impersonating Someone Online?

By Victor Luckerson @VLuckJan. 22, 2013

"...In New York and California, online impersonation is a misdemeanor punishable by thousands of dollars in fines and up to a year in jail. In Texas, the crime is a third-degree felony that could land perpetrators up to ten years in prison. The Arizona legislature is currently considering a bill almost as severe as Texas’s law. In total at least nine states have an online impersonation law on the books or are currently considering one. Even if the impersonation involves a fake persona, the use of any real names, business or photography could cross the legal threshold...

The wave of laws was sparked by the 2006 suicide of Megan Meier, a 13-year-old Missouri girl who entered an online relationship with teenager Josh Evans on MySpace. Meier hanged herself after he sent her a message saying that the world would be better without her. “Josh” was actually a fake account managed by a teenage girl and her mother...While Missouri focused specifically on cyberbullying, other states broadened the scope of their laws to address online impersonation of adults as well."

http://business.time...someone-online/

______

Also, I have been informed that anyone with 200 dollars can file a lawsuit. You might not have known all this before but now you do know. Personally, If found out that something I was doing could get me thrown in jail for 10 years, cost me thousands of dollars, and could cause some people to commit suicide I would do the right thing and stop that behavior.

• Like 1

This is Gerry Burlage {aka Vegas Knights}. To the troll above who is impersonating me I thought you might be interested in the following article since you like to impersonate people:

Can You Go to Jail for Impersonating Someone Online?

I appreciate the info. I'll be sure to pass it on to 'JasonDyke'.

Also, still waiting for your thoughts on renascence faire's.

• Like 1

This is Gerry Burlage {aka Vegas Knights}. To the troll above who is impersonating me I thought you might be interested in the following article since you like to impersonate people:

Is there some reason that you keep accusing me of impersonating you? I already said that I'm a different person than you, thus clarifying the matter for all to see.

I guess for some reason he still thinks that I'm trying to pretend that I actually am THE Gerry Burlage. That isn't true. I just took on an alias, as others do, of a personal hero. In my case, I went with my favorite script-writer.

Hope that clears things up.

• Like 2

I guess for some reason he still thinks that I'm trying to pretend that I actually am THE Gerry Burlage. That isn't true. I just took on an alias, as others do, of a personal hero. In my case, I went with my favorite script-writer.

Hope that clears things up.

Scumbag

• Like 1

Anyway, as my own personal favorite script-writer is apparently offended by my attempt to compliment him, I'll give it a rest and stop posting.

It's ok to just admit you are afraid of those ten years in prison.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

I thought we were getting some more script in August.

I'm a little busy now to respond properly to the inevitable comments that will be made but I promise I will post the first scene before the end of August.

Edit: The first 3 scenes of the script can be seen in this thread:

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?showtopic=147299

• 2 weeks later...

There is no amount of internet posting of 'fake reviews' that can raise a sinking ship or help a wet blanket to catch fire...

Unfortunately, I didn't read your comment about a fake review until recently. Sorry to disappoint you and your dishonest implication but the review (coverage) by a serious film reviewer (who has reviewed over 60 films) is not fake. What? you don't think a script that has won 3 honors is capable of getting a good review? But I can understand where you're coming from. There has been so much bad news in the poker world over the past few years that I would imagine some people have problems believing good news when it happens.

Unfortunately, I didn't read your comment about a fake review until recently. Sorry to disappoint you and your dishonest implication but the review (coverage) by a serious film reviewer (who has reviewed over 60 films) is not fake. What? you don't think a script that has won 3 honors is capable of getting a good review? But I can understand where you're coming from. There has been so much bad news in the poker world over the past few years that I would imagine some people have problems believing good news when it happens.

There was no "good news" for poker. Quit being weird.

• Like 1

There was no "good news" for poker. Quit being weird.

Do you think a successful poker themed movie would be good news for poker?