The Vegas/poker Themed Screenplay “Vegas Knights” Wins Its 3Rd Honor.

I like where your head is at, but I think you should be more thinking a Misery remake, about a middle aged female message board poster, named after a flower. She becomes obsessed with a famous middle aged poker professional, who is unavailable to her for many reasons (her mental illness, and his sexual orientation being the biggest barriers). He's driving to some resort in the middle of British Columbia, to take part in a "leadership retreat" that the cult he's in sponsors. Driving through the treacherous Canadian Rockies, during a rain storm, his car veers off the road to avoid hitting a moose. It's in a remote location, he can't get cell reception, and his life is saved by, wouldn't you know it, this Flower named fan. Wackiness ensue at her cabin, as she forces him to write more posts in his message board, and devote new coaching content on his coaching site.

• Like 3
  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a question for world famous script writer, Gerry Burlage. Do you like renaissance faires?

Just so we're clear:   You're counting making this list as one of the 'honors'?            

Things don't move as quickly as you think in the screenplay world, Guapo. In the industry (that's what we insiders call it. You might know it as "Hollywood") it takes years, and at least three natio

Love the idea BigD.

All you need is a title.

Misery loves One Eyed Jacks?

Misery loves Canadians?

Have your people call my people. We can green light this.

Does it bother you at all that you are confusing people who might have a sincere interest in the topic of this thread which might be important to the poker industry?

I'm going to be honest with you Gerry. Nobody has any interest in your screenplay, and nobody ever will. Sorry. I thought you should hear it from a friend.

• Like 1

I'm going to be honest with you Gerry. Nobody has any interest in your screenplay, and nobody ever will. Sorry. I thought you should hear it from a friend.

That's not true. No one has any interest in buying his screenplay, or making his screenplay. No one has any sincere interest in it. But I find his screenplay as a piece of message board outsider art to be fascinating, beautiful and hilarious.

• Like 2

The judges at 3 screenplay contests had interest in it, and I have no idea who you are, so you're no friend.
  • Like 3

By the way, to those few who have read the script who might be viewing this thread, I’d like to say something.

Because some time has passed since the script’s first edition, there is one scene that is somewhat dated. There is a simple solution to this problem that I would be glad to tell you about if you contact me. BTW, the passing of time has no affect on 95% of the script because the script deals with live poker, not online poker.

I just went through some of my old screen plays, and everywhere they say "iPad 2" or something, changed it to iPad Air.

In my underdog sports movie, though, there is a whole subplot where one of the characters brings a MacBook Air with him on a flight, but is disappointed in the screen resolution. But by the time this would be released, that isn't a compromise you'd even have to make anymore, because you'd just get the Air with the Retina display.

Any of you seasoned writers have any advice on how to solve this?

• Like 1

OK, I tried to fix it, but it's not working out. I tried to just make him too poor to be able to afford a modern machine. But this story is all about characters and relationships, and I am worried that he just comes off as an unrelatable creep now.

• Like 2

...and I have no idea who you are, so you're no friend.

Agree to disagree.

I just went through some of my old screen plays, and everywhere they say "iPad 2" or something, changed it to iPad Air.

In my underdog sports movie, though, there is a whole subplot where one of the characters brings a MacBook Air with him on a flight, but is disappointed in the screen resolution. But by the time this would be released, that isn't a compromise you'd even have to make anymore, because you'd just get the Air with the Retina display.

Any of you seasoned writers have any advice on how to solve this?

Sadly, it doesn't seem like any seasoned writers have posted in the thread yet. If I run into someone that actually writes for a job, I'll send them your way.

• Like 1

OK, I tried to fix it, but it's not working out. I tried to just make him too poor to be able to afford a modern machine. But this story is all about characters and relationships, and I am worried that he just comes off as an unrelatable creep now.

I'm going to let you in on a secret. I've actually reviewed MORE THAN 50 MOVIES in my lifetime, so you can trust what I say about films.

If you pay me a semi-steep fee, I'll do something called "Coverage" (that's just a fancy insider term, don't let it scare you) for your script. PM me if you want my manager to send you a relatively small (15 pages or so) contract.

Ah, so you have resorted to the ol' hearsay post. Well there is a reason hearsay is worthless in court.

And I guess the judges at the 2011 festival (from which I received the finalist notice a few weeks ago) haven't heard about your alleged hearsay.

And we know, we just know, there is no ulterior motive for all the negativity in here.

Gerry,

Thanks for writing a script to make the poker community look good. Can you tell us more about the plot? Is it just a regular joe playing in the main event? Does anything else happen? How is it different than Rounders?

Thanks for your time Gerry!

-Brv

Ps. Did you ever explain why you have two accounts pushing this screenplay? Hit me back.

I'm going to let you in on a secret. I've actually reviewed MORE THAN 50 MOVIES in my lifetime, so you can trust what I say about films.

If you pay me a semi-steep fee, I'll do something called "Coverage" (that's just a fancy insider term, don't let it scare you) for your script. PM me if you want my manager to send you a relatively small (15 pages or so) contract.

I suppose it's worth it, if I can sell this thing for $75K.

Finally... an insider with real world experience who can give me "Coverage" on my screenplay.

When you say "semi-steep" how many dollars are you talking about? Ball park figure is fine. I understand that with 50 movie reviews under your belt, (BTW what color is it?), your time will not be cheap. 50 movie reviews... WOW... very impressive. But be assured, I have deep pockets.

I've been typing away heavily since my idea hit me. And I want to strike while the iron is hot. I'd like to move quickly (what with the end of the world coming soon and all.)

Get back to me with a number ASAP.

One last thing... Is formatting critical?

Finally... an insider with real world experience who can give me "Coverage" on my screenplay.

When you say "semi-steep" how many dollars are you talking about? Ball park figure is fine. I understand that with 50 movie reviews under your belt, (BTW what color is it?), your time will not be cheap. 50 movie reviews... WOW... very impressive. But be assured, I have deep pockets.

I've been typing away heavily since my idea hit me. And I want to strike while the iron is hot. I'd like to move quickly (what with the end of the world coming soon and all.)

Get back to me with a number ASAP...

I would like to make a prediction. Potomophobia, you’re going to finish your great idea of a script in a few weeks (even though it can take 2 years or more for a non-professional writer to complete a quality screenplay). You are then going to pay Brvheart who says he has reviewed 50 scripts to do a script analysis. Brvheart is going to absolutely love it and agree to pay you around $75,000 for the script. A short time later, Brvheart is going to say he has found a studio that also loves it and wants to make it into a movie. Brvheart will then say, I’m sorry “Vegas Knights” you should have sent me your script.

The reason I make this prediction is that I’ve seen something similar happen on another site. Then after months went by, they finally admitted it was all just a big ruse.

Also, this thread is about the Vegas/ poker themed script “Vegas Knights”. It is not about other people’s screenplays. If you want to go into detail about your screenplay or great idea then please start another thread and talk about it all you want, thanks.

I wrote a script and gave it to a guy that reads scripts. And he read it and said he really likes it, but he thinks I need to rewrite it. I said, "fuck that, I'll just make a copy."

RIP

Nope

I wrote two screenplays last night.

One is a Vegas/Hooker themed script and the other is an Atlantic City/Poker themed script. They are already getting tons of amazing buzz from insiders like my mom.

3) Scriptapalooza 2013 Screenplay Competition- "Quarterfinalist". This contest is much bigger and more well known than the other contests mentioned, and is not associated with Nevada. Here is a link that describes the contest.

http://voices.yahoo....991.html?cat=40

Just so we're clear:

You're counting making this list as one of the 'honors'?

Q1.gif

Q2.gif

Q3.gif

48005601.jpg

• Like 4