The Vegas/poker Themed Screenplay “Vegas Knights” Wins Its 3Rd Honor.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a question for world famous script writer, Gerry Burlage. Do you like renaissance faires?

Just so we're clear:   You're counting making this list as one of the 'honors'?            

Things don't move as quickly as you think in the screenplay world, Guapo. In the industry (that's what we insiders call it. You might know it as "Hollywood") it takes years, and at least three natio

Hi Gerry!

Have you thought about breaking your screenplay into smaller, downloadable serialized content? I think it might be the way to go for you--just watch something like Broad City!

• Like 1

Hi Gerry!

Have you thought about breaking your screenplay into smaller, downloadable serialized content? I think it might be the way to go for you--just watch something like Broad City!

No, I haven't. But I might give it some thought when I get the time. I probably could come up with a lot of 30 minute storylines having to do with the Vegas culture.
...How come in every single presence you've created online to "promote" your screenplay you don't offer up the very basic and very routine tag line and synopsis?...

I put out there practically the entire professional script analysis (know as “coverage” in the film industy). I’ve done this in this thread and other places. If you missed it (which is possible in a 10 page thread) here it is again:

Script Analysis written by a serious film reviewer who has written over 60 film reviews:

____

Overview:

Characters: The strongest element of Vegas Knights is its characters, which are all ... sharply drawn and generally likable. Brad is an easy hero to get behind and because he is so likable and struggles with such simple (i.e. relatable) problems like ... and ..., the script has no trouble grabbing the audience’s attention, allowing them to generally emphasize with what happens to Brad along his journey. So often are gambling films, especially Vegas ones, crowded with sleazy girls and hardened criminal types, that it is nice to see two good guys like Brad and Ed.

Dialogue: Vegas Knights not only walks the walk, but it also talks the talk. It is written in such a way that it sounds like it generally knows a lot about poker, or at least seems to, to those who don’t. This is important because it allows the audience to feel as though the film generally loves poker as much as its characters do, which makes it all the more involving. But the dialogue also has a more subtle human quality to it. It knows that poker is just a game and that, outside of it, these are real people who face {real life problems}. Because the dialogue juggles these two elements, it makes the film accessible to not only an audience of poker fans, but those who know little about the game as well.

Plot: What’s important about Vegas Knights’ plot is that it never gets too consumed with the game of poker itself. Although maybe a little too heavy on the details of the games for the non-playing audience members, the script never becomes all about the game, but rather grounds itself in the lives of the characters who are playing the game....It’s inevitable that the script climax at the ... but at least we care about Brad and Gary and Ed before getting there and show genuine concern for what happens to them. Win or lose, the audience will be glad to have taken the trip to the *** with Brad.

Review: Vegas Knights could very easily be made into an entertaining poker film. The trick to its success though will be finding a filmmaker who... (this info is available to serious inquirers). As it stands, although knowing a great deal about the game... the true heart of the film lies in the personal lives of its main characters, which will be the key to attracting an audience outside of poker fans. I think, with the right cast and the right talent behind the camera, Vegas Knights could be a moderate to big success at the box office.

____

If someone isn’t interested in the script after reading that, they’re certainly not going change their mind by reading a one sentence logline. If someone with proven clout wants to see the synopsis and logline all they have to do is contact me. So, yes, I do have a logline, synopsis, and a treatment that I’ve sent out. I see no need to keep giving away more information about the plot than I already have. I imagine you and some others are curious but like I said if someone with proven clout wants more info they can get it if they ask.

I don’t particularly like putting the script out there to give other writers ideas but I’ll tell you what, if nothing pans out by this summer I’ll put another scene or two out there by August 1.

I don’t particularly like putting the script out there to give other writers ideas but I’ll tell you what. If nothing pans out by this summer I’ll put another scene or two out there by August 1.

can-t-wait-o.gif

• Like 1

I put out there practically the entire professional script analysis (know as “coverage” in the film industy). I’ve done this in this thread and other places. If you missed it (which is possible in a 10 page thread) here it is again:

Script Analysis written by a serious film reviewer who has written over 60 film reviews:

____

If someone isn’t interested in the script after reading that, they’re certainly not going change their mind by reading a one sentence logline. If someone with proven clout wants to see the synopsis and logline all they have to do is contact me. So, yes, I do have a logline, synopsis, and a treatment that I’ve sent out. I see no need to keep giving away more information about the plot than I already have. I imagine you and some others are curious but like I said if someone with proven clout wants more info they can get it if they ask.

I don’t particularly like putting the script out there to give other writers ideas but I’ll tell you what, if nothing pans out by this summer I’ll put another scene or two out there by August 1.

Lol ten days since I asked about the very basic log line and synopsis that you haven't been able to answer and this is what You up with? This isn't even proper coverage and has been posted before and serves no purpose as it related to what i repeatedly asked, it tells absolutely nothing worthwhile about the script or the story in general. You're aware how many scripts will only get read because of a log line right?

And you're aware that often the process goes: person in the business reads longline then asks for synopsis or treatment then asks for script right?

You're also aware that any query letter (which pretty much anyone that'll see a script wants to see first) should contain a log line and a synopsis?

You create social media accounts and spam the crap out of people, create topics on forums and the only thing you'll tell people about your script is that it contains poker, and from that they should want to spend their time reading it? Or spend their money to finance it? And then outside of that you post two ridiculously badly written, pointless and nondescript scenes to perhaps peak interest.,,thank god we got the promise for more down the road.

I look forward to a week from now when you avoid answering any of this,

Edit: I like the fact that your "coverage" was written by someone who has reviewed over 60 films lol did you write it yourself. I've had coverage done multiple times by multiple sources and this is nowhere near coverage. Google screenplay coverage format and nothing that comes even close to this is out there.

It is sort of funny that you have a gmanshade reference in your sig because this guy has a similar delusional quality to him. Wonder if he has ever been diagnosed with Aspergers.

• Like 1