The Vegas/poker Themed Screenplay “Vegas Knights” Wins Its 3Rd Honor.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a question for world famous script writer, Gerry Burlage. Do you like renaissance faires?

Just so we're clear:   You're counting making this list as one of the 'honors'?            

Things don't move as quickly as you think in the screenplay world, Guapo. In the industry (that's what we insiders call it. You might know it as "Hollywood") it takes years, and at least three natio

somebody fill me in, didn't wanna read all that nonsense.

Irishguy made about 10 posts condescendingly educating me on stuff I already know.

By the way, I'll get to his question about loglines and synopsis' as time permits.

Irishguy made about 10 posts condescendingly educating me on stuff I already know.

By the way, I'll get to his question about loglines and synopsis' as time permits.

Actually what happened was that I was pretty respectful offering some helpful hints on how to improve something that looked like it may have been written by a handicapped child. (No offence handicapped children) you took the constructive criticism about as well as my shepherd takes a rectal thermometer.

Just like the fat girl who can't get a man but acts like she doesn't even want one you went about defending your screenplay in about the most nonsensical way possible. In fact here you are declaring you will answer some of my very basic questions when time permits because the multiple days that have passed since I first asked you only had time to post a dozen or so times ignoring them. It's really basic stuff, things you should've had completed years ago but yet you can't even formulate an answer as to why you don't put this stuff out there.

Excerpt from the copyrighted screenplay “Vegas Knights”

Brad and Ed are seated at a lounge table. Ed has a plastic bag on the table with some items inside.

ED

(to Brad)

I was cleaning up my condo yesterday

and I realized that I really don’t

need all the poker books I have.

I mean how dare I offer any input on this future Oscar winning material. The most basic coverage available would be asking just off of this little bit. 1: what time of day is it? 2: why are they the only people in the lounge? 3: why is there no music? 4: Why is there no atmosphere?

5: is this a self serve lounge? 6: why haven't they served themselves then? 7: what's the deal with the bag? 8: Why are they seated when the conversation just starts? 9: Did they arrive together? 10: if so were they silent until they sat? 11; why wouldn't he give him the bag as soon as they meet? 12: why are we stating the what Ed is saying is to Brad when we know they're sitting together? 13: and when they're the only ones in the lounge?

Edit: and this is all after you've edited and written the screenplay to make it 25 percent better. What is this 25 percent better than? Did you do the original version in crayon?

• Like 1

I'm totally allowed to make jokes like that some of my best friends are handicapped kids- I should've stated that first. Sorry

hey i have a black friend, therefore i can call random black people the n word. NICE LOGIC FAIL DOUCHE. i don't know why i'm even bothering with you as you are CLEARLY a MORALLY BANKRUPT PERSON.

Well, now that Runner Runner is out, I see we're back to the rumors that Rounders 2 might be made. I wish them well but I think the writers of Rounders (Brian Koppelman and David Levien) are going to have a problem. Probably 90% of the movie going public have no idea who Mike McDermott is whereas many fans in the poker community can practically repeat his lines verbatim. I see this as possibly causing some difficulty with a Rounders 2 script unless they just release it straight to DVD for the poker community.

I have some ideas where Mike McDermott could be incorporated into my script. Hell, if the writers of Rounders (who are also producers) bought my script for probably 1/50 of what they made writing Runner Runner they could incorporate some of the ideas from my 3x’s honored script into theirs. How much screen time Mike McDermott could get in “Vegas Knights” (which would be owned by Koppelman and Levien if they bought it) could vary anywhere from 3 scenes to being a main character. Even with 3 scenes, I think there could be a happy and fitting ending to the Rounders saga. And if he did the 3 scenes then there could always be another Rounders down the road and this time more of the general public would know who Mike McDermott is. Who knows, maybe Damon might go for doing 2 or 3 scenes as a cameo if a Rounders 2 never materializes.

If anyone happens to know Brian Koppelman or David Levien maybe you could direct them to this post.

What is happening in this thread?! Is this for real?

• Like 1