Fcp Hockey Forum 2013 Nfl Pool

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got Spiller in the FCP draft, so I would hold onto Jackson if I were you.

I'm going to post my football picks here if anyone is interested.   Started the season with a $100 football betting bankroll.   I did this last year as well. Was up about $350 at the end of the re

If you were doomed to play for a crap team like the Browns you'd have a bad attitude as well

• 2 weeks later...

Comeback victory over Serge last night thanks to some Giovani bernard heroics.

Also capped off the best weekend of football bettinG i"ve ever had probably.

Nailed all 3 of my parlays on Sunday.

1. Miami +3, Buffalo +3, GB -7 and tacked on the mayweather fight at -280. 20 paid $150ish

2. Mayweather, Dallas +3, and under on the dallas game. 20 paid $76.

3. Denver -4.5, Oakland -5, Seattle -3. 20 paid $125.

4. Also made a pretty big bet straight on the Mayweather fight

Then put $60 on Cincy -7 last night at even money. Also, the cincy win clinched my weekly work pick'em pool for $120.

A good week. If only Dallas could have pulled off a victory as well.

1. Miami +3, Buffalo +3, GB -7 and tacked on the mayweather fight at -280. 20 paid $150ish

Then put $60 on Cincy -7 last night at even money. Also, the cincy win clinched my weekly work pick'em pool for $120.

Screw you and your stupid comeback..

Denver has been crushing spreads since like week 7 last year. Against the Giants, I probably would have bet them all the way up to -11 or -12.

Until the Giants even give me a shred of evidence that they aren't terrible this year, I'll continue to bet against them each week as well. Or until the lines start reflecting how bad they look.

beers on dubey. I however will take a coke since I don't drink

I'm going to post my football picks here if anyone is interested.

Started the season with a $100 football betting bankroll.

I did this last year as well. Was up about $350 at the end of the regular season. bet $100 on SF to win the superbowl at 7-1, then put the rest of my winnings on SF at escalating lines on the superbowl game itself. Ended up losing them all. It was fun, and always made football more entertaining, so I'm doing it again.

I like to bet parlays, which is high variance, but it's just for fun, so who cares? I usually make $20 bets, but since I am playing with house money, I'm being more aggressive this week.

Current bankroll: $470

Bets for week 3:

$70 - Philadelphia -3.5 Under 51 - Pays $190

$35 - TB +7 Dallas -4 NYG (Pick) - Pays $215

$35 - Seattle -19 Denver -15 SF -10 Pays $175

$30 - GB -3 Buffalo +3 Chicago -3 Pays $189

As I was writing this post, I've heard that Trent Richardson just got traded to the Colts. I think this may affect the money coming in on that game. I'm going to wait till Saturday for bet 3, and hopefully get the Niners at a better price.

• Like 1

Wtf is wrong with Richardson, or wtf is wrong with the Browns?

I don't understand at all why you draf a guy 3rd and 15 months later trade him for a pick that might be in the 20's.

It's all about value. Cleveland didn't have the necessary personnel around Richardson to maximize his value right now. Basically meaning that they have way too many holes to be competitive in the near future. Teams could stack the box against the Browns because they had zero respect for the passing game. Instead of holding onto him and not being able to maximize his skill set, they instead opted to trade him away for a future first round pick. I know it doesn't seem like it, but getting a first round pick for a RB is a great return. So many RB's come out of nowhere (think Arian Foster/Alfred Morris) that teams usually aren't willing to pay a premium when so many guys emerge later on as viable options.

Also another thing to remember is that the people making decisions in Cleveland now aren't the same people who were in charge when they drafted Richardson. They have a new scheme and what looks to be a whole new strategy in terms of what direction the franchise is heading. I've read numerous articles analyzing this trade and almost all of them agree that while Indy certainly improves by acquiring Richardson, Cleveland is the real winner in this trade.

I didn't know the management had changed, that makes a big difference.

I guess my point is that if you liked him enough to spend a 3rd overall pick on him, he should be good enough to hold onto while you rebuild. Your not gonna get anywhere near 3rd with Indy's first.

Couldn't they at least have gotten a little more then just the first?

Even if Clev. decided to go a different direction, isn't Trent worth more then that? I thought he showed well last year, maybe I was wrong.

My thoughts were the same Arp. They picked him 3rd overall, he had a near ROTY season, why trade him away now?

I guess the thing with football, is it's the sport where public perception of value and actual value to a team has the biggest difference.

Cleveland is one messed up organization. Trading Richardson now is a complete mistake. Now you go in with Jason Campbell as their QB and Montario Hardesty as their starting RB. Hardesty has more fumbles than TDs in his career. The offence will be lucky to move the ball. I did not think any team can be worst than the Jets. No way the Browns win more than 2 games this year.

Cleveland is one messed up organization. Trading Richardson now is a complete mistake. Now you go in with Jason Campbell as their QB and Montario Hardesty as their starting RB. Hardesty has more fumbles than TDs in his career. The offence will be lucky to move the ball. I did not think any team can be worst than the Jets. No way the Browns win more than 2 games this year.

That is kind of the point. Even with Richardson, the Browns were going to struggle to win more then 5-6 games. They have a good defense, a pretty good offensive line, but unfortunately the NFL is a passing league and they have terrible QB's and shaky receivers. Richardson's value was severely diminished by playing in Cleveland.

By trading him, they are acquiring an extra first round pick, which is phenomenal value for a RB. About the only one who is honestly worth a first round pick is AP. In addition to that, they also have like two 3rd round picks, and two 4th round picks. That will allow them to fill some holes in their offense and with two 1st rounders, get a chance to draft a franchise quarterback.

Along with the fact that it's obviously a tank move designed to give them the best chance at getting the #1 overall...and even with Richardson the Colts' 1st rounder should be better than #15.

I must be the only one who likes what the Browns are doing...it makes total sense to me.

I just wanna clarify, nobody is saying Richardson isn't a valuable asset. It's like having a classic restored muscle car in your garage while you drive a piece of crap car that keeps breaking down. Even though the muscle car is valuable, you have bigger needs that making holding onto a valuable car like that pointless. It's similar for the Browns. Richardson could very well end up being a top RB, but that doesn't do them any good if they don't have a passing game to compliment him. Teams will just stack the box and laugh. It's about trading something valuable now for something valuable in the future.

Along with the fact that it's obviously a tank move designed to give them the best chance at getting the #1 overall...and even with Richardson the Colts' 1st rounder should be better than #15.

I must be the only one who likes what the Browns are doing...it makes total sense to me.

I've been defending this trade on here since it was announced yesterday, so trust me you aren't the only one who loves it :)

The colts improve, but the browns win long term