Top 5 Baseball Movies.

Yeah, I get what you're saying but I don't really care about how much critics gush about it. A bunch of stoner douchebags gush over The Big Lebowski but it's still my favrotie movie Durham is legitimately funny, it's poignant, it captures the spirit of minor league toiling. The only points you can take from it is what a sissy Tim Robbins throws like

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can safely say that my opinion of Cobalt has not changed as a result of his post that OUTRAGEOUSLY suggested that a Baseball miniseries should be in consideration for an unofficial list of top 5 bas

It's an Asian allegory about their perception of Negroes in professional sports. It stands up.

not to mention little big league and rookie of the year.

There is a 3rd Kevin Costner baseball movie where he plays an aging Detroit Tigers pitcher. Pretty decent movie but I can not think of the title. OK just looked it up For Love of the Game. Worth seeing.

In the history of the cinema, there has never been a baseball movie ever made that is worse than 'average', demonstrating the the baseball movie sub-genre is a P4P movie great.

How do you think the boxing movie genre stacks up to baseball movies?

I think every other sport has mostly bad movies, but boxing has a lot of good ones.

How do you think the boxing movie genre stacks up to baseball movies?

I think every other sport has mostly bad movies, but boxing has a lot of good ones.

I think Baseball and Boxing are probably the "easiest" sports to realistically portray on screen. Every boxer has many built in story lines that make them a great fit for the world of film, plus the inherent underdog aspect of most Boxer's careers translates very well to film.

Went out to various pawn shops looking for baseball movie DVDs.

Wound up getting The Sandlot and A League of their Own for $2 each.

Burned about $15 in gas and $5 in parking in the process but its the first time I've left the house in about a week, so at least something inspired me to finally take a shower. This chair I've been sitting on is getting so disgusing, I'll probably have to throw it away and make another one.

however that clip does nothing to undermine the theory.

Oh. You might need to watch that again.

The music selection in that trailer is kind of hilarious.

Does Ken Burns' Baseball count for the list?

Not that they'd make top 5, but The Scout and The Fan haven't been mentioned.

Also, Major League 2 is actually one of quite a few films where I've seen the sequel far more times than the first. I'm guessing I've seen it 5 times, whereas I've only seen Major League once. The same goes for Short Circuit 2 (half a dozen times)...Short Circuit once. Weekend at Bernie's 2 (half a dozen times)...never seen Weekend at Bernie's. It's funny because nowadays I basically refuse to watch a sequel without seeing the prior movie(s). Apparently as a kid, I had no qualms.

Does Ken Burns' Baseball count for the list?

Finally. I've been waiting for since the evening of 7 August 2013 for some asshole to suggest Baseball, because, no motherfucker, it quite obviously does NOT count. It's 20 hours long and it aired in like 10 installments on PBS. It's not a film. It's not a movie.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU KNOW WHO KEN BURNS IS. There's a reason nobody else felt the need to mention it. God dammit I just finished moving and every single time I have to move it is the Holocaust and I want nothing more than to pay it forward by being party to a pogrom right now where all 30 million victims are you.

61* was not a generally considered a classically great baseball film, but it is really underrated. Barry Pepper and Tom Jane have chops. If I'm being honest, I really think it makes my top 5 baseball movies list. Not sure what that list is, right now, because my brain is distracted by the image of Cobalt being flayed alive and forced to eat his own skin for food, but I can't think of 5 baseball movies I like better

:(

"A film, also called a movie or motion picture, is a series of still images which, when shown on a screen, creates the illusion of moving images." ?

I just watched it within the past year...felt like a documentary film series to me.

I wasn't bragging about knowing who Ken Burns is. I haven't seen his other stuff aside from some clips of Civil War. I will say that I really enjoy things mocking the Ken Burns documentary style...like that South Park episode about Civil War re-enactment or the pillow fight Community episode.

:(

"A film, also called a movie or motion picture, is a series of still images which, when shown on a screen, creates the illusion of moving images." ?

I just watched it within the past year...felt like a documentary film series to me.

I wasn't bragging about knowing who Ken Burns is. I haven't seen his other stuff aside from some clips of Civil War. I will say that I really enjoy things mocking the Ken Burns documentary style...like that South Park episode about Civil War re-enactment or the pillow fight Community episode.

We're going to take a vote.

Who thinks Cobalt helped himself with this post?

Who thinks he hurt himself?

(0) (1)

I am going to have to back Cobalt up here. Not in the sense that it's a movie, because you know, it's not. I wouldn't put any documentary on my list, apples and oranges. BUt I will say that Ken Burns horrible nostalgia mongering is absolutely perfect for the type of memorabilia junkie and historical fetishist that baseball seems to attract ( I'm looking at you here, Scram).

So, while I watched very little of Burns Baseball and his kind of documentary I find odious, I think it Baseball is perfect for his style of film and I'm certain many baseball fans masturbate to it, so I don't think Colbalt is too far out of line for suggesting it.

I can safely say that my opinion of Cobalt has not changed as a result of his post that OUTRAGEOUSLY suggested that a Baseball miniseries should be in consideration for an unofficial list of top 5 baseball movies on a poker forum.

• Like 2

Two suggestions:

Start another account for "Nick Fury."

Regulate the PED

For me, Bull Durham is the best baseball movie, Sugar is the best film.

A couple of posts back there was some Rocky talk, but Rocky Balboa was omitted. This is a false construct.

Rocky

Rocky Balboa

Rocky 2, then who cares what order

I don't really understand brvheart's tally.

The question was whether Cobalt helped himself with a particular post. Namely the one that stated "'A film, also called a movie or motion picture, is a series of still images which, when shown on a screen, creates the illusion of moving images.' ?"

Which is utterly ridiculous. Nobody actually defines a movie that way.