Fantasy Football 2013-14

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Either one coach, I'd prefer Wednesday for work reasons.

Finally won a game!!

I dont really think it was fair to veto it already. I believe it warranted a little more discussion. They clearly both wanted to make the deal.   Yes it improved Joshs team to add AP but as he said

Well it's pretty frustrating to essentially be second in the league in scoring and have the most points scored against me. 8th place and 2nd in scoring is beyond annoying. Last year of fantasy for me.

Just a heads up that the trade deadline is on Nov. 15th. With that being said if anyone is looking for RB/WR depth let me know. I have too many startable guys riding my bench. Looking to package a few for an elite player.

And I know the feeling Skyler. My other league I'm the highest scoring team in my division, but was sitting in 8th place out of 12 teams!

Not to be disrespectful Sky, but 3 scrubs? Are you kidding me?

Fred Jackson is the #8 RB in fantasy in PPR leagues. (AP is #3 btw)

Andre Brown just returned from injury and scored almost 19 points and got 30 carries. His only competition for the job is Peyton Hillis and Brandon Jacobs. I'd say he's pretty damn valuable at this point.

Mike Wallace has had a disappointing year so far, but he's still a top 40 WR with significant upside.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/story/24223581/week-11-fantasy-trade-value-chart

CBS does a good trade chart to help evaluate the fairness of trades. I'm actually slightly overpaying for AP.

Look at the guys Phil had been starting. Jerome Simpson, Rashad Jennings, Brandon Lafell. Those are scrub players. How does it not make sense for him to give up one top guy in order to get 3 startable guys in return? Do you seriously not think this improves the overall balance/competitiveness of his team? I'm giving him 3 guys that he can plug into his lineup immediately that will be better than most of the guys he has been playing. Just because his team hasn't done well so far he has to give up on trying to improve his team? Not to mention I'm giving up a lot of my depth to get an upgrade at a position.

Also, I think it is pretty messed up if someone votes down this trade just because of mine or Phil's record. We are not colluding (which should be the only reason a trade should ever be vetoed). I'm preparing my team for a playoff run and offered a fair trade that was accepted by someone else who is still trying to be competitive.

5. Veto the veto. You've heard me say this before, but until this miscarriage of justice is abolished, you're going to keep hearing it. Unless you can prove actual collusion, no trade should ever be vetoed. It is not your job to manage someone's team for them. Everyone should be allowed to manage their own team their own way. Even if you don't agree with it. Even if it's badly. You don't think he got nearly enough for his star tight end? So what? Not your team, not your tight end. The guy dealing him thought he got a good deal, that's all that matters. There's a special level of hell reserved for the people who veto just because it's a deal that didn't involve them or because "it's part of their strategy." That's not strategy, it's being a jerk. Win on the virtual field, not in some technocratic loophole. The art of negotiation is a skill in fantasy and is part of the game. A big part.

If the league feels strongly enough to veto it then there isn't much I can do except state my case. I don't think records should matter as long as the deal makes sense for both sides (which if you look at mine and Phils rosters, it certainly does), both teams are still trying to be competitive, and there isn't any obvious colluding or player dumping. I think Phil has a right to make any trade he feels like will improve his team regardless of his playoff chances. Just because he likely won't make playoffs doesn't mean he doesn't have influence on who else makes it. He paid his $50 just like everyone else. I think its unfair to say he can't trade away someone like AP just because he won't make playoffs.

I see you already vetoed it. Wow. Alright, not being a dick, but this will be my last season in this league as well. Trades should never be vetoed for stuff like this. None of my other leagues even have veto options. It's the commish job to only reverse trades that are clear collusion or player dumping.

Also I love that everyone freaks out about Phil making a trade to try to improve his team even though he won't make playoffs, but nobody mentions the 2-3 teams that just stopped changing their lineup and the impact that is having on the league. You know because its way better to have teams quit trying once they realize they aren't making playoffs instead of actually playing it out and trying to be competitive the rest of the way. Half of this league is a joke anyways, but we punish 2 of the teams still playing it out. GG

So basically, because I am out of the playoff race, I can no longer trade players? By that logic, should I not even set my rosters and just be a "bye" week for people? I'm still trying as this is my second season, so getting experience. I did better in both leagues this year then I did last year, overall.

I took the trade because AP is doing good, yes, but not his normal killer self. I have a HORRID bench and my team over all is weak, so I figured get a few upgrades here and there is better for me then on AP.

BTW anyone who thinks I'm just defending this because I want to get AP needs to refer to last year's fantasy football thread.

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?showtopic=146250&st=40

A trade involving Raquel and Suited Up. Even though it was an awful trade value wise, it made sense for both teams and I defended it the same way I'm defending mine. Trades should never be vetoed unless its cheating. Period.

I dont really think it was fair to veto it already. I believe it warranted a little more discussion. They clearly both wanted to make the deal.

Yes it improved Joshs team to add AP but as he said he is trading the guy currently ranked in the top 10 (Jackson) and Brown will likely be at least top 12 or as my sites project top 10 the rest of the way. Wallace is a WR3 at this point with WR2 upside. AP has 4 tough matchups remaining defensively. You have to forget draft position factors at this point, they are irrelevant.

At first I saw this I thought ugh no way but a little analyzation says to me its fine. Im also saying this as the current #5 team fighting to get in the playoffs. This isnt a case of player dumping so I think it should be reinstated.

• Like 1

Pretty easy veto in a one year league.

Youre trading with a team that has ZERO incentive to improve its roster, receiving the #1 rated predraft player and giving up not much in return.

Pretty absurd of both fo you

Pilly, what were you trying to accomplish in making this deal?

Why take what I assume was a decent amount of time out of your day to make a trade including one of the biggest names in fantasy football in a league that you clearly are out of the running in?

Pretty easy veto in a one year league.

Youre trading with a team that has ZERO incentive to improve its roster, receiving the #1 rated predraft player and giving up not much in return.

Pretty absurd of both fo you

lol @ thinking that a player's preseason ranking has any bearing or influence on his Week 11 trade value. That's just ridiculous.

Why does he not have an incentive to improve his roster? Because he isn't going to make playoffs, he should just give up on trying to be competitive? Maybe stop setting his lineup? Or picking up guys to fill in for bye week players? He paid $50 just like everyone else. Who are you to tell him he has to stop trying to improve his team? In fact, I think it's the right thing to do to continue to improve your team. Just because you are likely missing out on playoffs doesn't mean you throw in the towel and stop trying. You owe it to the rest of the league to put forth the best lineup every week until the end of the season. While you might not reach the playoffs, non playoff teams can greatly influence who does make the playoffs. It's the honorable thing to do. And he has just as much of a right to make this trade as any other team in the league does (playoff contender or non playoff contender)

And you are so far off base with your "pretty easy veto" remark it's comical. Ask anybody who has ever ran a serious league or any fantasy writer/analyst/expert and they will tell you that in no way shape or form should a trade EVER be vetoed unless there is clear collusion. My other leagues don't even have veto options. It's just on the commish to make sure nobody is colluding. Each person has a right to manage his or her own team however they see fit. It doesn't matter if you agree with it because it's not your team.

Also, how am I not giving up very much? I just gave up the #8 RB in all of fantasy, a likely top 10-15 back the rest of the way, and a WR with WR2 upside. Both Wallace and Jackson have been in my lineups almost every week and Brown would have been too if he wasn't hurt. These guys helped get me to 7-3, but apparently they are "scrubs" Ya know even tho Fred Jackson is only 38 points behind AP on the season.

Why take what I assume was a decent amount of time out of your day to make a trade including one of the biggest names in fantasy football in a league that you clearly are out of the running in?

Did you even read his post before you replied? He clearly explains why the trade made sense and what his motives are for doing it. He's giving up one top player for 3 good, startable players in return. He wants to continue gaining experience and put foward the most competitive team he can the rest of the season, but apparently you are saying that it's not allowed. And honestly, who wants to finish in last place in any league?

Also this deal probably took us a grand total of about 10 minutes of PM'ing over 2 days to get done. Hardly a decent amount of time.

I dont really think it was fair to veto it already. I believe it warranted a little more discussion. They clearly both wanted to make the deal.

Yes it improved Joshs team to add AP but as he said he is trading the guy currently ranked in the top 10 (Jackson) and Brown will likely be at least top 12 or as my sites project top 10 the rest of the way. Wallace is a WR3 at this point with WR2 upside. AP has 4 tough matchups remaining defensively. You have to forget draft position factors at this point, they are irrelevant.

At first I saw this I thought ugh no way but a little analyzation says to me its fine. Im also saying this as the current #5 team fighting to get in the playoffs. This isnt a case of player dumping so I think it should be reinstated.

Thank you I'm glad someone can actually take the time to look at this trade and realize it makes sense instead of just freaking out cause a 2 win team is trading AP to a likely playoff contender and automatically assuming it's player dumping. It's ridiculous that I'm even having to defend this. I traded 3 quality players to his team for one guy who is a mere 38 points ahead of ONE of the guys I traded. I didn't trade 3 kickers or 3 randoms from the waiver wire for AP. I traded legitimate starters.

It doesn't matter though. Not worth spending any more time arguing about it. A few disagree and that's fine, I'll just play it out with my current roster and that will be the end of it.

Well let's break it down shall we...

AP is averaging 19.43 Fantasy Points per game. Fred Jackson is averaging 14.79 FPPG. Difference of 4.64 FPPGs.

My average WR the last three weeks have been getting me basically 13 FPPG. Mike Wallace has potential in next few games to get multi-TD games.

Rashad Jennings is my #2 RB, and he's been improving as of late, but he's got half decent defenses coming up in the next game, where as Andre Brown has considerably weaker defenses left.

I guess trying to make a 4.64 FPPG difference in two players vs just having AP and rest of the team struggling is pretty absurd to you in your eyes. I would think I was just trying to not be a free week to whoever plays me and actually try until I am eliminated, but now, I might as well just bench my whole team since I was OBVIOUSLY just trying to stack the deck in your guys' eyes. Pretty weak.

WIN IT UP NOW GOCUBSGO!

It's not a big deal. I have a good team without that trade. I just want them to understand that this isn't a trade that should be vetoed. The logic behind the veto was flawed but its not worth fighting over.

Can't really express my thoughts without offending anyone, so just glad it got vetoed.

If it's to me, I won't get offended. I know I am terribad at fantasy, so if you'd rather explain why I am bad and maybe give some advice, you could always go that way since I have nothing to play for anymore.