Fantasy Football 2013-14

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Either one coach, I'd prefer Wednesday for work reasons.

Finally won a game!!

I dont really think it was fair to veto it already. I believe it warranted a little more discussion. They clearly both wanted to make the deal.   Yes it improved Joshs team to add AP but as he said

I like my starters, but my bench makes me cringe. Too many unknowns/lottery picks like Broyles, Austin, and Hopkins. Could get bad for me during bye weeks.

Getting Manning in the 4th round and Tony Gonzalez in the 6th were probably my best value picks, while Wallace in the 5th and Tavon Austin in the 7th were probably the worst.

I like my starters, but my bench makes me cringe. Too many unknowns/lottery picks like Broyles, Austin, and Hopkins. Could get bad for me during bye weeks.

Getting Manning in the 4th round and Tony Gonzalez in the 6th were probably my best value picks, while Wallace in the 5th and Tavon Austin in the 7th were probably the worst.

Tavon Austin and K Thompkins are perfect bench players, in my opinion. Super high upside. If they end up sucking, replace them on the waiver wire. If they end up being top 5-10 WRs, you probably win your league. fwiw, I took Tavon in the 7th round of a 12-team draft last night and felt good about it. Thomkins went in the 6th round to someone else. This was a group of very experienced fantasy football players.

Can somebody post a draft recap?

There is nothing wrong with having lottery tickets or boom/bust guys on your bench (that's obviously why I drafted these guys), but you also don't want that to be the only type of player you have available. With bench guys you are primarily looking for people who can give you solid production for bye weeks or in the case of injuries with a few high upside guys sprinkled in. I just think I grabbed too many of these guys and not enough reliable proven performers.

Cecil Shorts, Greg Jennings, TY Hilton, Stevie Johnson, Lance Moore, Anquan Boldin are just a few of the receivers drafted after I chose Austin. Just think it was a reach was all. I don't regret drafting him, I just regret drafting him in that spot.

• 4 weeks later...