Political (Or Non-Political) Chat In The Hockey Forum

Some police departments are publicly shaming people charged with DUI by publishing their name in the newspaper. Other departments will likely be starting soon enough.

Presumed guilty is the new innocent before proven guilty.

There is no excuse for drinking and driving. The punishment for doing so should be extremely severe.

While I agree that Drinking and Driving is inexcusable and appreciate peoples notion that those that do it should severely get punished, there are a lot worse crimes that people get off with.

Sexual abuse of a child, rape, any crime basically against kids.....

If i was to get in front of a child rapist, I would probably kill him myself.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most who say what you posted there at the end of your post because some Americans are fine if it means added security. You can lump me onto that I guess. I'm willing to lose some rights or whatever yo

Zach: who said anything about being a better person? I understand not caring is a defense mechanism.   Arp: hyperbole is also a defense mechanism.

There's a difference between calling Obama the second coming of the brown coats and worrying about police or military who are supervised in secret by unelected officials acting inappropriately. Prete

Some police departments are publicly shaming people charged with DUI by publishing their name in the newspaper. Other departments will likely be starting soon enough.

Presumed guilty is the new innocent before proven guilty.

There is no excuse for drinking and driving. The punishment for doing so should be extremely severe.

There should be more graduated punishment though... right now everyone who is over 0.08 is treated the same -- the person that had a glass of wine with dinner at a friends (and waits a bit afterwards but not long enough ie borderline) or the person that was doing shots most of the night at a bar. I suppose this would get away from the messaging (and make some levels of intoxication seem 'not that bad') but I would want to see people who are very drunk to have the book thrown at them.

There should be more graduated punishment though... right now everyone who is over 0.08 is treated the same -- the person that had a glass of wine with dinner at a friends or the person that was doing shots most of the night at a bar. I suppose this would get away from the messaging (and make some levels of intoxication 'not that bad') but I would want to see people who are very drunk to have the book thrown at them.

and multiple offenders...There is obviously various levels of drunk driving...Non of it should be condoned, but the punishment should fit the crime.

There should be more graduated punishment though... right now everyone who is over 0.08 is treated the same -- the person that had a glass of wine with dinner at a friends (and waits a bit afterwards but not long enough ie borderline) or the person that was doing shots most of the night at a bar. I suppose this would get away from the messaging (and make some levels of intoxication seem 'not that bad') but I would want to see people who are very drunk to have the book thrown at them.

This exists in many US states, such as Michigan. They have 'super-drunk' legislation. Over .17 is considered 'super-drunk'. Or, as we used to call it, 'Zached'.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

The Federal Reserve can enter into agreements with foreign central banks and foreign governments and the US government's General Accountability Office is prohibited from auditing or even seeing these agreements.

Oh, there's $9 trillion worth of off-balance-sheet transactions made by the Fed between Sept 2008 and May 2009 unaccounted for...but we can't really look into it or do anything about it.

Hey Ben Bernanke! Can you tell us the whereabouts of more than half a trillion dollars that the Fed made as credit swaps with foreign banks?

Bernanke: "I don't know."

• Like 1