Lost interest in the show this season with 4 left, but just saw that Luca won. What a ****ing joke, that guy was one of the main reasons his team lost every single group challenge. I wish they'd pick people who actually deserve it instead of people who are just good on camera. This is why I stopped watching Hell's Kitchen 5 seasons ago

Ummmm...you're not serious are you???

Luca was awesome, imo! He made some terrific dishes (was a little slow at start, but then bang...he came out killing it!) and HE alone didn't lose for his teammates; I think blame should be placed moreso on the team captains.

I had my money on both LUCA or Natasha - altho didn't like her much! My 1st pick was Jesse (really wanted her to win)...but towards the end, she sucked arse! So I'm happy LUCA won!

- I kinda had an idea (before the cook-off) that he might have won, since they brought his family from ITALY to the show! They weren't gonna spend all that $ if they didn't have an idea that they were choosing him; that's the only thing I was bummed out about....cus I too wanted to be surprised (and if that's the case, then maybe it was all pre-planned who was gonna be the winner?)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well written blog.

Savannah: I don't know how to make a batter.   *did I just hear what I thought I heard?*   *rewind*   Savannah: I don't know how to make a batter.   whatwhatwhat?   So I'm supposed to believ

Paula Dean lawsuit settled just in time for her MC episode.   Btw... Still enjoying the Master Chef Theatre blog

Yes I'm serious. He screwed up in every team challenge and all he could cook is Italian. When it got to the final 4 he started to cook well, but he should have been sent home at the beginning of the show. How many times did his team have to go to a pressure test because of him? Look at the season as a whole not just the last 2 episodes.

I am looking it as a whole, tyvm.

In my opinion, they all cooked what they knew best...if Lucas was best in Italian cooking, then so be it. Just to point out, it's not a bad thing putting an Italian twist on any given food item. He did that very well. Remember the turkey dish - the pancetta-wrapped turkey? Joe loved it...said it was restaurant quality dish! And Lucas had never even cooked with turkey before (I don't think), since Thanksgiving isn't celebrated in Italy. Yet, he put out a very good dish, you must admit!

Remember last year's winner...Christine Ha? Well she put her Vietnamese spin on her dishes, did she not? So...no offense, but I think your point is silly. No one expects the contestants to cook out of their comfort zone, that's not what the show is about.

- As for the team challenges, I don't remember him messing up as often as you say he did. What I can remember from the show, is possibly once or twice.

What I was most upset about (while watching show) was how they kept that loudmouth, bitchin', racist - Krissi, till FINAL 4 (I think it was, no?) ughhh....!

Luca won because he got hot at the right time, and because he had the best narrative, and this is a realtiy TV show. Narrative always wins.

He was going to win this show unless he completely shit the bed in one of the last few episodes.

Lol comparing Christine Ha and Luca. She was flawless the whole season. Luca cooked a few restaurant quality dishes, but he also cooked a lot of crap. We're going to call a guy a Masterchef when he can't cook with a team (which is an aspect of the show that the judges don't seem to consider) and doesn't cook well on a consistent basis. It is a reality show though so who cares I guess. But I won't be reading a cookbook from a guy that showed on TV that he isn't that great.

I wasn't comparing Christine Ha to Luca! I was simply saying that many chefs who competed (such as Christine Ha & Luca) based most of their dishes on their preferred cuisine! Vietnamese for Christine; Italian for Luca; Asian for whoever that other guy was; etc....

Also, altho that shouldn't be taken into consideration (but it possibly did) Luca was simply a nice guy, whereas Natasha was NOT! Remember...Luca shared his garlic when Natasha (a strong competitor) needed it, did Natasha do the same with Jesse? Nopes....guess she was afraid of the competition then huh? Whereas Luca felt strong enough about his cooking that he didn't need to hold back anything.

Yeah Luca is a nice guy. So what.

Actually (again if you actually remember what happened during the season) Luca also talked a lot of shit both to the competitors and in his interviews. Go back and watch the first half of the season, all your posts lead me to believe that you only watched the last 2 weeks

uggggg...I HATE watching a reality show mid-way! No idea who the players / competitors are and I hate being lost, no fun watching it ...would rather watch the repeats or on apple tv (later). So there goes your theory, einstein!

As for what you said (about the shit-talking), yes...I do agree with you there; he was kinda an arse in the beginning (felt as though he thought he was the best and infallible) but then again so did the other competitors. All of them seemed to need anger management classes lol ....and a few some manners!!! (hence - Krissy, the idiot racist bitch!)

- am I allowed to say "BITCH" on FCP?

• 7 months later...

new season.

already have my favorite. kortney (?)....the stripper. excuse me "aerial dancer."

they got rid of the american idol type try outs this time around.

loog, you doin masterchef theater again?

loog, you doin masterchef theater again?

He is. His twitter is atwitter with Masterchef stuff. And random thoughts. I worry for him

He is. His twitter is atwitter with Masterchef stuff. And random thoughts. I worry for him

If the world is spinning out of control, then explain my excellent grip on the carpet.

• Like 1

Always fun to watch one of the chefs compete and Gordon didn't disappoint. I think Dan Wu has a shot to go deep in the proceedings.

Are they going to start putting 2 shows on a week? 1 show will take about half a year to finish unless every episode is double elimination and less competitions

Always fun to watch one of the chefs compete and Gordon didn't disappoint. I think Dan Wu has a shot to go deep in the proceedings.

come on....i mean A STRIPPER. who doesn't want a cookbook covered in glitter and with a pull out centerfold.

• 3 weeks later...

Still enjoying the blog. Didn't realize you were a Detroit area guy.

Thanks! Been here for a little over two years now.

Funyet, I saw your Redskins exchange on FB. I just wanted to commend you for beating your head against a brick wall. You were solid. I almost lost it whe the dude started blaming democrats and Obama.

Also, I read an article that stated the term Redskins is what the early British settlers in power would call scalps from native Americans, and there were bounties on them, 25 pounds for an adult make, 15 for an adult woman and 5 for kids under 12, or something like that. I'm sure it was on Yahoo or ESPN. Maybe a Darren Rovelle article.

Anywho, nice effort

• Like 1

I'm siding with the old guy. He has no shot because the villain will never win this show, but I can see some of these younger people annoying the F out of me also.

Two Fletch references in one blog.

Well now I might need to start reading it.

Also saw Kira from loog's twitter feed. Then scrolled through her pics. niiiiiiiice