Off Topic, Kinda.....

One big advantage of variable rate mortgages for people who think they might not go to term is that there is no interest rate differential with them.

yeah, I've gone variable rate in the past. When we re-upped 10 months ago, we decided to go fixed for 2 reasons. We weren't planning on selling the condo at the time, we were planning on keeping it and using it as a rental property, and thought it better to keep monthly costs fixed. And second, everyone was recommending fixed at the time since people are/were expecting rates to rise and fixed rates were/are pretty reasonable.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

That sucks dubey. I don't have an educated answer but I have a biatch answer, it would play out like this.

Girl at bank: hi. Sorry you have to pay the fee.

Dubey: do you like dragons?

Girl: what

Dubey: haha bc I'm gunna be draggin my balls on yo face u street car bike lane hippie

*dubey then punches her in the uterus*

This probably will get you in trouble but it would help you release your anger and feel good.

• Like 1

And serge is 100% right. The ppl who do mortgages at the banks are idiots. I'm living proof, they pretty much offered me a job as a mortgage advisor when a new TD opened in the china town of ottawa when I used to work for TD. I know faaaack all about that stuff. I think they thought I spoke it or something. Go with the independents like serge.

Most of the good stuff has even said already, but I'll elaborate on something serge mentioned because it is key here.

The bank should've been willing to port your mortgage at the 3.39% rate, for the amount you had remaining. So let's say your new mortgage is for $680k so we can use easy numbers - your new mortgage rate would've been whatever $500k at 2.99% pro-rated with $180k at 3.39%.

The alternate to this is to take the break fee, which is the IRD (serge is the expert, but I thought it was standard to charge the greater of 3 months interest or IRD, not both), add it to the balance of the new mortgage, then do that entire amount at 2.99%. The bank should've been willing to do whichever of those worked out best for you.

Even though they didn't, I have little doubt that with the right influence (aka a high enough person hearing your case), you will still be able to get one of those two situations.

And yeah, there's no way the bank employee gets fired or in any real trouble unless she was already on incredibly thin ice.

When I get to work on Monday, I'll find you the name of the District VP for the region. They'd be the branch managers boss and it's not at all unusual for this type of issue to be escalated there. If you don't mind, what branch were you dealing with? (pm is fine too)

Yes exactly. IRD or 3 months interest. Whichever higher.

Danny scenario is ideal. Refinance the IRD into mortgage. And book the low rate.

Most mortgage people aren't creative like that though.

Main issue here is someone shoukd of sat down The Dubey family and broke everything down and showed them all options scenarios.

They didn't and provided false info. Hence if he fights hard enough they might get a resolution.

Apparently the NFL never saw the video before making the ruling...

Will be interesting to see what they do...

Some people are calling for Ray Rice to be banned..

Goodell did a great job in imposing the new rules of a six game ban and a lifetime ban on a second incident..But too late for Rice...

Punch a defenceless woman in the face and knock her out, get a two game suspension.

The Michael Vick comparison is there obviously...Killing dogs is surely a terrible thing, but this is much worse IMO..Much much worse....

And I love dogs..

Apparently the NFL never saw the video before making the ruling...

Will be interesting to see what they do...

Some people are calling for Ray Rice to be banned..

Goodell did a great job in imposing the new rules of a six game ban and a lifetime ban on a second incident..But too late for Rice...

Punch a defenceless woman in the face and knock her out, get a two game suspension.

The Michael Vick comparison is there obviously...Killing dogs is surely a terrible thing, but this is much worse IMO..Much much worse....

And I love dogs..

Yeah, I'm not sure I buy that: the most powerful sports league in the world, full of movers and shakers, couldn't get their hands on that video but TMZ did? I have to believe that they saw it.

Much like the NBA Goodell and the owners care about the bottom line..If the backlash from fans and most importantly sponsors hit, then they will react and ban Rice...

IMO..

The NfL said they had the same evidence the police did...so if the police didn't have the video, that's some shoddy investigating. Which isn't really a surprise, considering it just means they did as much work as they'd have done for a non-celebrity domestic assault.

I'm much more upset by the police deciding not to charge than anything the nfl does or doesn't do.

The NfL said they had the same evidence the police did...so if the police didn't have the video, that's some shoddy investigating. Which isn't really a surprise, considering it just means they did as much work as they'd have done for a non-celebrity domestic assault.

I'm much more upset by the police deciding not to charge than anything the nfl does or doesn't do.

He was charged and indicted

I think he had a plea bargain, where if he goes into anger management , he gets no jail time..

I think its bullshit to be honest..IF the police saw this video , how does he not serve jailtime..He could of easily killed her...

Great job Baltimore Ravens..

Release and terminate the contract of Ray Rice...

Much respect to that decision...

OH AND COngrats Dubey

Great job Baltimore Ravens..

Release and terminate the contract of Ray Rice...

Much respect to that decision...

OH AND COngrats Dubey

Olivia Nuzzi@Olivianuzzi 19m
    Ladies: take some comfort in the fact that large powerful institutions will care about your physical well-being if it presents a PR problem!

Eric Koreen@ekoreen 14m
    The Baltimore Ravens released Ray Rice once they were no longer able to spin his story. This isn't a team finding its moral compass.

Rumour has it that Dubey had a kid? Is this true? And if so, well, hell... congrats!

Yup, Wife went into labour mid Fchl auction. Luckily she waited till after I'd spent $8.50 of my $10 budget.

Was an "emergency" C section since the baby was breach. Left the FCHL auction at 6:30, was holding my baby at 9:30. Everyone is happy and healthy

• Like 4

Yup, Wife went into labour mid Fchl auction. Luckily she waited till after I'd spent $8.50 of my $10 budget.

Was an "emergency" C section since the baby was breach. Left the FCHL auction at 6:30, was holding my baby at 9:30. Everyone is happy and healthy

Congratulations, to both of you. Best. Thing. Ever.

Are you f'ing kidding me?!?!?!

Zach/Adam/Rich.....when I joined the FCHL auction very late at 9pm, and asked "how did it all go?", no one thought to say "well, one of the boys went off to have a boy of his own!!!".....come on guys! :)

congrats Dave, all the best. I will echo Chris' words, definetly the best thing that will ever happen to you. I didn't know at all when he was first born, I just thought why wont this kid stop crying......but man, 14 years later, and I see him for 8 hours, walk away for 5min, and I miss him. Cherish it all, its really a gift.

(sorry, I went on a selfish tangent there because my son had his first day of high school today. It happened to fall on the exact same day, 11 years later, when we first had to enroll him in a special school for autistic kids. Never thought this day would come, Im all emotional today! lol)

• Like 2