Off Topic, Kinda.....

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

like, are we talking about the entire of FCP? or just OT General? Like, people are really not posting ever again or is this just for fun/popularity?

I was voted out a couple rounds ago. It's just a game

Be honest..How many of you know there is a team called the Pelicans in the NBA?

Bob doesnt count.

with a mascot designed to scare the crap out of young children, wtf were they thinking with this

proxy.jpg

cb4a986f999241f6cf371983f728d1a6.jpg?itok=Wsp87Gc0

The-Scream.jpg

I admit to being a passive fan of the NBA..Ill watch the Raptors if there is no Leafs game on, or anything else going on.

I watch the big games with popular teams like the Heat, Lakers and such...

Last week i was watching Sportsdesk and on the ticker it had a score with the Pelicans..I am like what? That cant be real..Had to wait for it to loop again to confirm it really was...

@EricEngels: Luka Magnotta pleads not guilty to murdering Jin Lun after murdering him and videoing himself doing it... ok then.

And it looks like he'll get Legal Aid to defend him.

I couldn't get Legal Aid for my custody dispute without them putting a lien on my house.

Freedom, baby!!!

@EricEngels: Luka Magnotta pleads not guilty to murdering Jin Lun after murdering him and videoing himself doing it... ok then.

I couldn't get Legal Aid for my custody dispute without them putting a lien on my house.

Freedom, baby!!!

thats bullshit

Freedom, baby!!!

There is something terribly wrong here.

Freedom, baby!!!

Can you go into more detail about why you couldn't get Legal Aid? I've dealt with them a little bit in my capacity as a volunteer at events for homeless people, and they've indicated that it is very easy to retain their services, but presumably they just didn't go into detail because the people we've discussed it in relation to were unquestionably in need.

Is it one of those things where by some absurd measurement you're "too rich" to use them?

Yes, despite the fact the bank technically owns my house, homeownership artificially inflates my financial status.

The reality is that the rich can afford to pay for their legal services. The truly poor can get basic legal services through legal aid. The lower middle class don't make enough money to afford to pay for legal services but they can't get legal aid.

Yes, despite the fact the bank technically owns my house, homeownership artificially inflates my financial status.

Jeepers. That is ridiculous, especially where you didn't have regular employment income at the time. Then again, I know that the government generally treats anyone not earning regular income as if it is just their preference, and barely pays a living wage even in situations of unquestioned mental or physical inability.

Reminds me of my wife not getting student loans because her parent's income was too high...when it was only where it was because her parents were draining their RSPs (which was "income" of course) to pay for her older brother's university!