Off Topic, Kinda.....

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

Chronological order of events...

Heard of a man named Donald Trump

After some time, I realized I do not like D.Trump

Then he became a GOP candidate, said some things

Now I really didnt like Trump

Then I read he has never had a smoke or a drink

Now all is lost

I cant trust a man who says he's never had a drink.

Because he also performed medical examinations on all previous presidents?

The last two havent been great..

George W was a drunk and Obama is a chainsmoker

Trump has 0% of republican endorsements.

When it comes to predictive value at this point,

Polling numbers = W/L record

Party endorsements = score adjusted fenwick

Trump has 0% of republican endorsements.

When it comes to predictive value at this point,

Polling numbers = W/L record

Party endorsements = score adjusted fenwick

Its really not true what you post:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endorsements_for_the_Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016

New National poll...

Trump 41

Cruz 14

Rubio 10

Carson 9

Thats the biggest lead yet

I haven't read this article yet, but my uneducated and totally baseless opinion would be that party endorsements may have been a more effective predictor prior to the social media era, and it is also likely that the "predictive" nature of those endorsements may have been overstated due to polling/results lags, since endorsements would likely have been in many cases responsive to popularity rather than causative, but that would not have been apparent if things were not as immediate as they are today.

Plus, I feel like with Trump, the more endorsements he gets, the less popular he'd be among his voter base (who seem to feel that a lying manipulator who has never acted in any way but selfish is a better option than all the other lying manipulators who have at least pretended to act in part on behalf of corporate or public interests).

Sadly, even if the error bars are that wide, it's still "likely" that Trump is leading, and "probably" by a decent margin. After all, I doubt there has ever been a historical situation where someone was polling that high late in the race with anywhere near that few endorsements.

Trumps and the Republicans ultimate downfall will be Trump will have to run as an independent. That helps Hilary/Bernie as the Republican votes will be split. So it's all pretty moot. ;)

This is very likely IMO as well..

All this politics talk almost makes me want to watch the republican debate tonight.

but nah

Good for a hate-watch. I enjoy watching the early ones and cry-laughing. Watching the later ones is just too depressing when you realize one of them will actually be the Repub nominee. My favourite game is to compare the subjects they discuss to either the Democratic debates or the debates on previous years. Economy? Nah. Science? Nah. Foreign affairs? Nah. Technology? Nah. We'll all just yell about brown people and terrorism and how global warming is fake and make hilariously inept and shallow promises about those things (especially the economy) which no one challenges because they don't want to be challenged themselves.

Though it is fun when someone like Kasich or Christie finally get tired of being treated like they aren't a serious candidate and snaps.

The threat that just shut down the LA school district, apparently could be based on an email address from Germany..

New York school district apparently got the same threat, but didnt deem it credible.

This is my issue with Trump. Well my ultimate issue. He promotes hatred and fear. Two things I can't stand in politics or society.

Here is my real life example. Friday my wife decides to take Jin out after work to buy presents and get dinner. She gets off the phone upset and I ask her what's up. She says she made the mistake to tell her mom her plans. Her mom freaked saying that she needs to stay home and how could she put her grandson at such risk. Target and Michaels ( art store) could be ISIS targets because of the crowds and only stupid people would put themselves in such a situation.

Today she drops off something during her lunch hour to find her mom watching FOX and also listening to a conservative radio station, crying. Why? They were saying that Isis kidnaps women and their babies and then kills the women then forces them to eat the whole baby. She's scared that my wife will be forced to eat Jin and how trump is the only person who will save us by not allowing Isis into the country.

Then! She sees pics from Jins pajama party at school on Friday and asks who the little brown kid is. That's Jins friend Zeeshan. OMG he's a Muslim. There's a Muslim in his class!!!!!! How!?!? Omg. The sky is falling. Yes little 4 yr old Zeeshan is going to kill Jin and feed him to Liz.

COME THE FCK ON!!!!

This is what he and his most boisterous followers create. I find it disgusting. Over under on how long she stays in Xmas eve before I kick her out? I will not allow any of this to be discussed in front of Jin. I'll put it at 1.5 hrs.

/rant

This is my issue with Trump. Well my ultimate issue. He promotes hatred and fear. Two things I can't stand in politics or society.

Here is my real life example. Friday my wife decides to take Jin out after work to buy presents and get dinner. She gets off the phone upset and I ask her what's up. She says she made the mistake to tell her mom her plans. Her mom freaked saying that she needs to stay home and how could she put her grandson at such risk. Target and Michaels ( art store) could be ISIS targets because of the crowds and only stupid people would put themselves in such a situation.

Today she drops off something during her lunch hour to find her mom watching FOX and also listening to a conservative radio station, crying. Why? They were saying that Isis kidnaps women and their babies and then kills the women then forces them to eat the whole baby. She's scared that my wife will be forced to eat Jin and how trump is the only person who will save us by not allowing Isis into the country.

Then! She sees pics from Jins pajama party at school on Friday and asks who the little brown kid is. That's Jins friend Zeeshan. OMG he's a Muslim. There's a Muslim in his class!!!!!! How!?!? Omg. The sky is falling. Yes little 4 yr old Zeeshan is going to kill Jin and feed him to Liz.

COME THE FCK ON!!!!

This is what he and his most boisterous followers create. I find it disgusting. Over under on how long she stays in Xmas eve before I kick her out? I will not allow any of this to be discussed in front of Jin. I'll put it at 1.5 hrs.

/rant

Stories like that are all over. Can't imagine what it is like to be a Muslim (or a Sikh or anyone else who stupid white people think are "suspicious") in the US right now. Second-class citizens, which is insane. And of course, it isn't just Trump. Reading stuff that Trump has written through the years, I find it very unlikely he believes most of the stuff he says - he's just the most willing to go to extremes since, unlike Cruz or others, he doesn't have a political career or a lifetime of actually dealing with people to hold him back. I mean, your mother-in-law seems to have extreme paranoia, but the kind of fear and hate that is promulgated by Trump, Fox and others like them has real effects on real people, every day. Your story was kind of funny, but what would happen if little Zeeshan was out with his mother at the grocery store and your mother-in-law saw him. Kids notice that. Whatever Zeeshan's parents do, they probably either have an employer and/or want customers, and every day they are told that "Muslims are up to something" is a day that they lose a potential job or customer, or get sneered at one the street, or served last at a restaurant, etc. But hey, I'm sure causing a large group to feel disillusioned, hated and distrusted is definitely a way to make them hate you less and keep us all safe.