Off Topic, Kinda.....

Let's pretend it was the latter - what did those assets hope to ultimately achieve by putting themselves in a position to get killed?

I don't know. A lifetime Netflix subscription for their 6-month-old child?

...assuming there actually is a child and it was theirs.

Are you suggesting that nobody has ever agreed to carry out a mission in which they knew they would die?

Then again, maybe they were naive enough to believe they wouldn't be killed.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

Do you guys realize that most of what you say, is about the other side? Meaning, Republicans are awful racist people, so I will vote Democratic. Democrats are awful people ruining our morals, so I will vote Republican. Does anyone actually like their candidate, and feel like theirs is just better, or are you always assuming you have the lessor of the only 2 evils you can choose from?

Serge, can you tell us more about what you like about Trump? Im curious what it is that makes you want to vote for him.

Arp good question and Ill try to answer it to the best of my ability..The main reason I like Trump is that he isnt a politician. The main problem with politics is that politicians are mostly liars and will tell you what you want to hear to get elected..They will pander to the lobbyists, they will change their beliefs based on where the money is coming from.

I also have a problem with losing our values due to becoming politically correct..I cant say Merry Xmas, I have to watch what I say at the risk of sounding racist. Trump goes back to old fashioned values...

He says whats on his mind, and he doesnt care if you believe it..This is a democracy, if more people agree with Trump and his beliefs then he will be president , simple as that.

My political beliefs are definitively right wing. I believe in a lot of the Republican values..Danny might think thats racist , but I dont believe it is.

Obama has been a disaster in my opinion. His whole debacle with Obamacare, his lack of handling the problems that has led to Americans being the target of these extremist...

I'm unclear as to who's preventing you from saying Merry Christmas? I also fail to see how this is an issue in the grand scheme of things, but that's another argument.

Do you think Trumps views and what he wants to do will result in Americans becoming less of a target and more liked?

I'm unclear as to who's preventing you from saying Merry Christmas? I also fail to see how this is an issue in the grand scheme of things, but that's another argument.

Do you think Trumps views and what he wants to do will result in Americans becoming less of a target and more liked?

I dont really care if Americans are not well liked...I care to defend the nation. If we will save one innocent American child's life and piss off 10000 syrians by not allowing them to come in LEGALLY , I think we have done a good job.

Americans are becoming a targer, because Obama and the Democrats are soft...We need a leader like Putin..

Homeland security reported today that they have information that ISIS extremists have already attempted to use the Syrian refugee program to enter the country..

I dont really care if Americans are not well liked...I care to defend the nation. If we will save one innocent American child's life and piss off 10000 syrians by not allowing them to come in LEGALLY , I think we have done a good job.

Americans are becoming a targer, because Obama and the Democrats are soft...We need a leader like Putin..

Would you refrain from ever saying Merry Christmas again if it saved one innocent life? Would that life have to be American?

How is Obama soft? What leadership skills does Putin have that you like?

Homeland security reported today that they have information that ISIS extremists have already attempted to use the Syrian refugee program to enter the country..

Ya...

Serge, with all due respect, you said to Danny "the funny thing is you probably havent listened to Donald Trump or any other candidate other than the small news clips you have seen on Twitter"

and when I asked you what you liked about him, what Danny might be missing out on, most of your paragraph was about what or who he was not. Ie, not a politician, not Obama, not a Democrat.

Its kind of sad when peoples ideas about who should lead "the greatest country in the world", is really just about a guy they dont know and dont care to know, as long as he is famous and not the other guy they dont like.

Seriously, if Im just a guy who is looking to find out what it is about Trump that makes people think he is President worthy, I'm at a loss, because I havent heard anything about him other than he speaks his mind. Yes, but what does his mind tell us? lol

Would you refrain from ever saying Merry Christmas again if it saved one innocent life? Would that life have to be American?

How is Obama soft? What leadership skills does Putin have that you like?

I dont think thats relevant but sure...

Obama has the ability by executive power to take guns away from every criminal, terrorist and gangbanger in the country if he chose to do it...He hasnt , he is soft...

lol, come on, they were a target long long before Obama was around. I have no Obama leanings or favouritism, to me they are all just different stripes of the same leaders, but America became a target long before anyone heard about Obama, and was being attacked long before Obama. Its sad they politicize peoples deaths by somehow blaming a political party, instead of looking within themselves as a whole nation.

• Like 1

Serge, with all due respect, you said to Danny "the funny thing is you probably havent listened to Donald Trump or any other candidate other than the small news clips you have seen on Twitter"

and when I asked you what you liked about him, what Danny might be missing out on, most of your paragraph was about what or who he was not. Ie, not a politician, not Obama, not a Democrat.

Its kind of sad when peoples ideas about who should lead "the greatest country in the world", is really just about a guy they dont know and dont care to know, as long as he is famous and not the other guy they dont like.

Seriously, if Im just a guy who is looking to find out what it is about Trump that makes people think he is President worthy, I'm at a loss, because I havent heard anything about him other than he speaks his mind. Yes, but what does his mind tell us? lol

What would you like me to say..

I agree that we should keep out illegal Mexicans , because they are taking legal jobs away from hard working Americans.

I agree that we shouldnt allow 10000s of Syrians so terrorists can sneak in under the program.

I believe that he will due better for the economy, and I also believe he will fight terrorism in and outside the country..

He is by far the best candidate that is presented before me.

I think thats more than enough to vote for him.

I dont think thats relevant but sure...

Obama has the ability by executive power to take guns away from every criminal, terrorist and gangbanger in the country if he chose to do it...He hasnt , he is soft...

Does he have that ability? I'm not so sure. Besides, it's not like criminals, terrorists or gangbangers are going around with ID tags and a list of weapons they own. Also, what about potential criminals and potential terrorists?

lol, come on, they were a target long long before Obama was around. I have no Obama leanings or favouritism, to me they are all just different stripes of the same leaders, but America became a target long before anyone heard about Obama, and was being attacked long before Obama. Its sad they politicize peoples deaths by somehow blaming a political party, instead of looking within themselves as a whole nation.

What makes Trudeau a good leader? Because he is young and good looking?

Because he will continue to unilaterally back the US and England and the rest of the UN, without having any thought of his own?

Just curious.

Not assuming you are a Trudeau supporter, just putting it out there.

Does he have that ability? I'm not so sure. Besides, it's not like criminals, terrorists or gangbangers are going around with ID tags and a list of weapons they own. Also, what about potential criminals and potential terrorists?

He does have the ability...

The fact that people on the Terrorist watch list cant fly, bought they can buy guns legally is criminal.

The fight against guns is simple..Take them out of the criminals hands...What a novel concept.

The fact that people on the Terrorist watch list cant fly, bought they can buy guns legally is criminal.

The fight against guns is simple..Take them out of the criminals hands...What a novel concept.

And how many of the alleged shooters have been criminals?

And how many of the alleged shooters have been criminals?

Most of the gun violence that happens in urban cities are by criminals and gangbangers.

You realize it was the republicans who voted to keep those guns on the hands of criminals right? You keep blaming Obama but it was congress who did that. The Republican congress. You seem confused. Democrats have lobbied to get rid of guns and get more gun control but the Republicans are the ones stopping it.

You also seem to be much like Trump in that you don't know what powers the President actually has. Just saying.

Who would you like to see as President ?

Daniel Negreanu.

Seriously though...the problem is there are no good candidates to vote for. You're essentially choosing the lesser of two evils. The system is ****ed and flawed and corrupt. It's a joke and people spend more time arguing republican vs Democrat blah blah blah instead of acknowledging that they all suck and in the end it doesn't matter who you vote for.

Most of the gun violence that happens in urban cities are by criminals and gangbangers.

Perhaps addressing the widening gap between the haves and the have nots would be a better solution.

You realize it was the republicans who voted to keep those guns on the hands of criminals right? You keep blaming Obama but it was congress who did that. The Republican congress. You seem confused. Democrats have lobbied to get rid of guns and get more gun control but the Republicans are the ones stopping it.

You also seem to be much like Trump in that you don't know what powers the President actually has. Just saying.

Its actually not true..We have a President that cant get Congress together...Thats the problem.

Serge don't be a fool. Donald Trump becoming president would be a gigantic disaster for the world. Forget about the democratic/republican bullshit. This isn't about right wing/left wing ideals. It's about a psychopath possibly becoming president of the most powerful nation in the world. You say we don't know anything about trump. You should go and do some actual research about some of the things he has said, and the policies he would like to implement. If you can still say with a rational mind that you support him, and that you think he would be a good president, then I don't even know what to say. He is a hate mongering racist who is trying to use white America's ingrained racism and xenophobia to gain office.

Saying "I like Trump except for that whole not letting any muslims into the country thing" is exactly like saying "Hitler was a great leader, I mean, he didn't like Jews, which I don't agree with but still, great leader."

I think gun control is not a Republican vs Democrat issue as we are all led to believe..

There is a huge difference in clearing the streets of guns and taking away the Second Amendment..

The line is blurred and the NRA is blamed..The NRA arent saints but its not only on them.