Off Topic, Kinda.....

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

It should be clear to you Already that we let anyone drive. Friend showed me the UK driving test and I couldn't pass it. US don't give a shit. Lol

Actually it's not that easy. There were 3 people around me that failed. They let you take it 3 times before you have to pay again.

I missed 2 out of 18. I think you can miss 3.

It's way easier than the UK test.

I would agree. I skimmed the book for 10 minutes. There are a few number specific questions that you have to know. But fairly common sense

It should be clear to you Already that we let anyone drive. Friend showed me the UK driving test and I couldn't pass it. US don't give a shit. Lol

Don't say this too loud. You will get all the Chinese drivers from Markham

That Erdogan sure seems like a level headed, pragmatic leader. Whatever could go wrong?

Tony Soprano vs John Gotti

Paul Sonne ‏@PaulSonne 1h1 hour ago

In many ways, Putin faces himself in Erdogan. Solid @MarcChampion1 analysis: http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-11-24/putin-has-misjudged-turkey-s-erdogan

I'm really worried that U.S. And Russia relations will deteriorate and then we will have serious issues.

We are still fighting the same enemy still, but things can change.

Went to the Marlies game last Saturday.

Couple of rows behind me was what looked like a minor hockey team. I would guess ages between 8-10 at most.

After the first few minutes, I began to realize that at almost every whistle, the kids would stand up and start chanting "Fight Fight Fight!!!". This was prob the only time I heard from them, other than home team goals.

I looked over at one point, and noticed adults with them, probably their parents I guess.

Talking with my buddies after the game, I told them I was amazed that the parents thought it was ok that the kids were so excited at the thought of a fight, and barely celebrated anything else. A friend of mine who used to be a coach said that its just part of the game, and thats the culture of hockey, no big deal. huh?

I'm probably too sensitive at times, but am I wrong to think that as a parent/coach, you really dont want the kids to be so into violence, especially fighting, in hockey at such a young age, and cheering more for the other parts of the game? Doesnt this make them more likely to think violence is fine, in or outside the rink?

Went to the Marlies game last Saturday.

Couple of rows behind me was what looked like a minor hockey team. I would guess ages between 8-10 at most.

After the first few minutes, I began to realize that at almost every whistle, the kids would stand up and start chanting "Fight Fight Fight!!!". This was prob the only time I heard from them, other than home team goals.

I looked over at one point, and noticed adults with them, probably their parents I guess.

Talking with my buddies after the game, I told them I was amazed that the parents thought it was ok that the kids were so excited at the thought of a fight, and barely celebrated anything else. A friend of mine who used to be a coach said that its just part of the game, and thats the culture of hockey, no big deal. huh?

I'm probably too sensitive at times, but am I wrong to think that as a parent/coach, you really dont want the kids to be so into violence, especially fighting, in hockey at such a young age, and cheering more for the other parts of the game? Doesnt this make them more likely to think violence is fine, in or outside the rink?

Thats ridicolous...Culture of hockey my ass...

They must have been from Oshawa

Hockey is slowly getting rid of fighting..

My team who was built on truculence and employed players like Colton Orr and Frazer McLaren now currently has no fighting majors , this late into the season.

Hockey is slowly getting rid of fighting..

My team who was built on truculence and employed players like Colton Orr and Frazer McLaren now currently has no fighting majors , this late into the season.

There were 3 teams as of last weekend I think. I heard an announcer say Leafs, Canes...and one other team I cant recall.

We are the new age of hockey!!!

Seriously, I love the lack of fighting. If they start to kill off the bs pushing and shoving after the whistle, that will help too. Let people hit cleanly without the unnecessary retribution.

Soon the game will be bs free, and so much more fun to watch for someone like me.

• Like 1