Off Topic, Kinda.....

Question for Dave, Jay or whoever else:

When getting my winters put on, my tire shop told me my all-seasons are pretty much goners. Am I better off looking for new all-seasons now when they’re out of season? Boxing Day sales? Or just get them early in the spring?

Relatedly - is it reasonable for someone with zero mechanical abilities to double-check the level of wear? Pretty sure these ones were decent when I bought them and I’m not sure I even got 50k km out of them. (It’s quite likely that my wife’s heavy foot and 100% city driving wore them faster than average)

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

I watched Youngblood on NHL Network last night. First time I have watched it all the way through in probably 25 years. I don't remember the story line being so terrible. Dean quits the team after game 1 and somehow trains and becomes a fighting machine by game 3. And like any damn coach would let a player back after walking out on the team. No f'n way! :icon_smile:

Big win for Fresno State. They will get a decent bowl. Unfortunately since UCF won the Fiesta Bowl isn’t happening. The bigger the bowl the more money

I took Malone to an NWHL game yesterday at the UPMC Lemieux rink just north of Pgh. Metropolitan Riveters vs Connecticut Whale. Both have great jerseys, see below. Amanda Kessel plays for Metro but she was in LA for the announcement for the US/Canada 3-game series to missed the game, which was odd since this was a neutral site game to promote the NWHL. And, of course, a ton of Kessel fans at the game.

I thought $20 per ticket was steep to make my almost 3 year old pay but only 2 and under was free. No kid rate was surprising.

The game was decent to watch though. I have only watched the US/Canada games from the World Championships and Olympics so I wasn't sure what to expect from this league. My daughter loved that "They are all girls! Even the referees!"

Also, I liked how they put the last names below the numbers on their backs. I assume so they can wear their hair long and not cover it up. Great thinking, if that's the case.

md20180313-18179.jpg

• Like 1

I took Malone to an NWHL game yesterday at the UPMC Lemieux rink just north of Pgh. Metropolitan Riveters vs Connecticut Whale. Both have great jerseys, see below. Amanda Kessel plays for Metro but she was in LA for the announcement for the US/Canada 3-game series to missed the game, which was odd since this was a neutral site game to promote the NWHL. And, of course, a ton of Kessel fans at the game.

I thought $20 per ticket was steep to make my almost 3 year old pay but only 2 and under was free. No kid rate was surprising.

The game was decent to watch though. I have only watched the US/Canada games from the World Championships and Olympics so I wasn't sure what to expect from this league. My daughter loved that "They are all girls! Even the referees!"

Also, I liked how they put the last names below the numbers on their backs. I assume so they can wear their hair long and not cover it up. Great thinking, if that's the case.

md20180313-18179.jpg

I am a big fan of the name Buffalo Beauts...Womens hockey is good to watch..

So I get a Facebook Messenger message from the lawyer that closed my house , which is now over 3 years ago in Toronto. Saying they did some accounting and they found they owed me $641..He asked for my Canadian account number ( which I dont have anymore)..

So I was very skeptical. First of all I have heard of these facebook scams and stealing of info..Then this was over 3 years ago, now he found the money? Well apparently its legit , I just called and talked to him on the phone he is going to deposit the money in my moms account.

The bad news is I just looked up $641 Canadian today is only like $474..Oh well..Merry xmas..

So I get a Facebook Messenger message from the lawyer that closed my house , which is now over 3 years ago in Toronto. Saying they did some accounting and they found they owed me $641..He asked for my Canadian account number ( which I dont have anymore)..

So I was very skeptical. First of all I have heard of these facebook scams and stealing of info..Then this was over 3 years ago, now he found the money? Well apparently its legit , I just called and talked to him on the phone he is going to deposit the money in my moms account.

The bad news is I just looked up $641 Canadian today is only like $474..Oh well..Merry xmas..

Found salami money!

• Like 2

Trust accounting. He can get in big trouble and lose his practice

I wouldn’t want that. This guys is awesome. Friend of family for many years. How does $600 get lost for 3 years. I didn’t want details.

I wouldn’t want that. This guys is awesome. Friend of family for many years. How does $600 get lost for 3 years. I didn’t want details.

I had one friend who ran his own law practice. Never updated his books for 3 years. Ran over to me and had a month to get it ready since he had an audit coming.

Clean up his records and got cheques out to clients like yourself.

Audit was clean

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else seen the internet sensation movie on Netflix the Bird Box? Just watched it yesterday...Its interesting i guess...

• 5 weeks later...

Got the reco from some friends for Fyre Festival doc on Netflix, just watched it.....its great.

there’s two documentaries... both good. Although you can’t beat the ‘Andy, we need you to take one for the team’ scene in the Netflix one.