Off Topic, Kinda.....

What Tiger did was worse, but I still like Tiger and cheer for him. I'm sure I cheer for lots of dickheads. I just probably won't be cheering for Pat Reed again. Doesn't mean you shouldn't, or anyone else shouldn't. Unlike Tiger, I don't have a whole memory bank full of legendary moments from my childhood on Pat Reed to gloss over what I've read about him.

lololol. I cant stop laughing.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

I actually dont disagree with you..after I wrote that I did rethink it..Its taken me a long time to finally stop using words that were common place when we were growing up..I dont think I have ever used to word faggot( why doesnt FCP censore this word btw)..But sometimes I have to catch myself as I call something gay..I am not perfect and it happens..Like you said its worse when we do it in front of kids..However I think I am 90 percent better now then I was 15-20 years ago..

yup, I think 'gay' was the hardest one for me, I realized I used that a lot.

And f*g too, for sure. I realized I seemed to be screaming it a lot at hockey, or so I realized about 10yrs ago or so.

tbh, Ive really mellowed in sports. (for the most part)

I used to be that a**hole that would immediately start yelling at guys and getting dirty at the slightest thought that someone else got dirty first. I think I just had a lot of misplaced anger before, now Im better at "this really means nothing, I dont give a f*ck"

• Like 1

Do you think what Tiger did is worse , not as bad, or you just dont care either way?

Just for clarity, are we talking about all the affairs and the stuff with his marriage?

I cant recall, has he done other things too that made him look bad?

(Im sure someone this public has done things to offend someone, just wondering what we are referring to)

yup, I think 'gay' was the hardest one for me, I realized I used that a lot.

And f*g too, for sure. I realized I seemed to be screaming it a lot at hockey, or so I realized about 10yrs ago or so.

This is the memory that stands out the most to me. After not saying f*ggot for the longest time, I remember getting back into hockey, then getting pissed off and screaming f*cking f*ggot at some guy soooo loud and immediately wanted to vomit.

I was playing hockey like.... 10 years ago? 5? and one of the guys on the bench yelled at another player, and called him a "malaka"

The guy yelling was Armenian. The guy being yelled at we all knew was Greek.

The ref heard it, and kicked my teammate out of the game, as that season using a racial term meant auto ejection

Thing is, poor ref had no idea that Malaka isnt a racial term, it literally means someone who masturbates a lot. I guess can be used as 'idiot'. When we told the ref, he was like "I dont know man, Im just going to kick out anyone who doesnt speak English, so just shut up". I started to laugh and suddenly realized how stupid we all were to be taking such low level hockey so seriously in our 30's

• Like 3

Just for clarity, are we talking about all the affairs and the stuff with his marriage?

I cant recall, has he done other things too that made him look bad?

(Im sure someone this public has done things to offend someone, just wondering what we are referring to)

Obviously the way he cheated and lied with numerous affairs. Obviously he isn’t the first public man to have an affair. It seemed like he had 50. But I think mainly from my understanding off camera Tiger was a bit of a dick and wasn’t liked by a lot of the Golf insider community.

Obviously the way he cheated and lied with numerous affairs. Obviously he isn’t the first public man to have an affair. It seemed like he had 50. But I think mainly from my understanding off camera Tiger was a bit of a dick and wasn’t liked by a lot of the Golf insider community.

. There’s differing opinions on that. Hank Haney certainly made him look like a dick in his book, and hank should know. But lots of the guys on the tour would say that tiger was the guy that would remember the name of their wives and kids and ask how they were. I have to say, I disliked Tiger in his heyday. But the new tiger, smiling his way around the golf course, is starting to win me over.

I’m pretty goddamn SJW and even I think swearing at yourself with that word is not much of a big deal. There are plenty of people that age who have bad words in their vocabulary from youth and it comes out at heightened moments. A real apology would’ve been nice but by all accounts he’s an *******. So seems like he is probably just an *******. I mean, he took Augusta State to multiple national championships and was getting rooted against at the Masters - how big of an ******* do you have to be to accomplish that!

I was interested in the story of his family, but sad at the one-sidedness. There certainly seemed to be more bad things one could say or address about the estranged family, and his new family should not be punished for not wanting to lay it all out there in public.

I remember the days when I didn't know shit about the people I cheered for. I think I miss those days.

I dunno, I just found out I’m working an event Darcy Tucker is going to be at. We didn’t know personal stuff back then and he still seemed like the biggest tool ever.

I do think you have a point of course that we don’t need to know if a professional athlete calls his mom often enough when we are deciding who to root for

I was playing hockey like.... 10 years ago? 5? and one of the guys on the bench yelled at another player, and called him a "malaka"

The guy yelling was Armenian. The guy being yelled at we all knew was Greek.

The ref heard it, and kicked my teammate out of the game, as that season using a racial term meant auto ejection

Thing is, poor ref had no idea that Malaka isnt a racial term, it literally means someone who masturbates a lot. I guess can be used as 'idiot'. When we told the ref, he was like "I dont know man, Im just going to kick out anyone who doesnt speak English, so just shut up". I started to laugh and suddenly realized how stupid we all were to be taking such low level hockey so seriously in our 30's

I heard the word chink multiples times in a game. Nothing ever happen except once. The guy got a 5 game suspension

In Softball in a semi final game heard it multiples times and umps did nothing

However the word never bugs me since I have heard it so many times in my lifetime

I'm not making excuses for Tiger, but the way his father brought him up, and being in the public spotlight since the age of 2 and being treated like and told you are a god/prodigy would have to give you a complex and make you go through life like you're bulletproof, and should be able to get away with anything.

Unfortunately he paid the ultimate price not only losing half his estate, but his family as well. Tough lesson to learn and all you can hope is he learns from it and becomes a better man.

As some of you might now , I have a side business which is Fresno Hockey Talk, which has morphed into FHT Sports.

We started with just covering the Junior team here the Fresno Monsters. Since we have received press credentials for the San Jose Barracuda, San Jose Sharks Practice, Fresno State Baseball, Softball and now recently the big one Fresno State Football.

We are also covering Fresno FC, which is a team that plays in the USL , a league right below the MLS and the team is an affiliate of the Vancouver Whitecaps.

The latest team we have received credentials for is the Fresno Grizzlies. The AAA affiliate of the World Series Champ Houston Astros. Home opener last night, and its pretty amazing the access you can have with that media pass. I spent a portion of the game in the camera bay, literally right next to the dugout. Pretty cool to experience the game at that level. Watching the game in the press box(unfortunately I cant partake in all the awesome food on this diet) is really cool as well.. You get up to date reports, stats at your fingertips.

I am really enjoying this while its not making us a lot of money yet, we are growing slowly and have done a few paying gigs. The goal next year is to get into the Sharks, which is the big time. The Sharks are hosting the All Star game next year, so the goal is to be there to cover that.

The kids enjoy it too as they get to tag along sometimes.

Tonight we are off the game 2 of the Grizzlies home stand. Was gonna go tomorrow with the kids as well but the Leafs playoff game takes precedence.

• Like 1

Tell Kyle Tucker I own his ass, and am rebuilding around his uber talented self. He needs to become the next Mike Trout, just more homers. :)

I always look for a player to follow closely and root on..With the Barracuda it was Leblanc..It worked..Now I will watch Tucker closely..Ill mention him that at some point..

I always look for a player to follow closely and root on..With the Barracuda it was Leblanc..It worked..Now I will watch Tucker closely..Ill mention him that at some point..

also keep an eye on Tony Kemp. He's not a big prospect or anything, but he's so much fun to watch play ball. 5ft6", and fast as hell.

Fresno should be a fun team to cover, enjoy.

also keep an eye on Tony Kemp. He's not a big prospect or anything, but he's so much fun to watch play ball. 5ft6", and fast as hell.

Thanks..It wasnt very fun last night..After a great pitching performace where the starter went 6 solid innings with 11Ks. Tacoma put up 11 runs in the 9th..LOL..It was the longest inning I have ever seen.

You are right about Kemp. He is the size of my 13 year old but great player. Lead off last night and went 3-3 with 2 walks.

I am addicted Walmart Grocery. Its so easy and convenient. I just drive to the spot and they put in my car. They have delivery as well, but this is free and only 1.5 miles from the house.

I am addicted Walmart Grocery. Its so easy and convenient. I just drive to the spot and they put in my car. They have delivery as well, but this is free and only 1.5 miles from the house.

My dad uses that a lot in Florida I think. Raves about it.

That sounds pretty great except that Walmart is terrible for local economies and totally exploits their workers to the legally allowed limits.

How's the quality of produce and packaged meats compared to when you pick it out yourself? Do you tip?

• Like 1

That sounds pretty great except that Walmart is terrible for local economies and totally exploits their workers to the legally allowed limits.

How's the quality of produce and packaged meats compared to when you pick it out yourself? Do you tip?

Yeah.... I’ve bweb contemplating getting their delivery but that’s a big hurdle for me. Not that I shop particularly local that frequently for groceries.