Off Topic, Kinda.....

I will just kill myself. No Coke Zero or donuts, life not worth living.

If I can stop drinking coke than anyone can do it.

I told my kids the story when I was playing in a softball tournament. I came up to bat and this girl I knew bugged me about drinking coke. She yelled out "if you hit a homerun I will buy you a big bottle of coke". First pitch it was gone. 5 mins latter I had a 2 litre bottle of coke. Yes I drank it in the clubhouse.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

Here are a few I'm looking for:

Sit-N-Go Strategy

By Collin Moshman

Strategies for Beating Small Stakes Poker Tournaments

By Jonathan Little

Essential Poker Math

By Alton Hardin

The Mathematics of Poker

By William Chen

The Mental Game of Poker

by Jared Tendler

The Mental Game of Poker 2

By Jared Tendler

Elements of Poker

By Tommy Angelo

Applications of No-Limit Hold 'em

By Matthew Kanda

Analytical No-Limit Hold 'em

By Thomas Bakker

Kill Phil

By Blair Rodman

Kill Everyone

By Lee Nelson (and others)

There are others...might be easier to list what you'd like to sell lol

George Michael passing away made me really think about my childhood, and how in my Grade 7 year, all the rage was Wham's Wake me up before you go-go/Careless Whisper.

When I found out he was only 53, I could not believe he was only 8 years older than me.

that then led to me doing some thinking and basic math, and I realized...holy crap, he was 20 when that first song hit it big in N.A.

I always enjoyed his music, sad to see anyone die so young.

What an awful year for talented artists leaving us.

I never get to emotional when famous people die. Death seems to only effect me if its someone I know personally or stories about children. But the large number of famous people deaths from Gotdie Howe to Prince to Bowie to George haven't effected me at all emotionally. Sucks for sure they died but not once did I stop and think about it and feel any large emotion

But for some reason Carrie Fisher bothers me. Not sure why though.

Bowie's death had more of an affect on me than anyone since Lennon

I will never forget Lorde's "life on Mars" tribute at the Brits along with Bowies band doing a brilliant medley of his songs

I only saw him live once. :(

For me, its always the connection of what they mean to me.

Gordie Howe had next to no effect on me, because I have no tie to him. Beyond the fact he was one of the greatest of all time and a 1 time Whaler, I never saw him really play, I never met/watched him...means little.

Even Bowie wasnt a huge deal, because I was never that attached to his music or him.

GM+Prince was different, because I can recall certain memories of my life and they are tied to those artists. A road trip I took to montreal with a good friend, 5min after buying a Prince "cassette tape!" and listening to it for 5 hours straight. The GM reference about my grade 7 year. Thats all personal, and so really, I am prob not mourning them, as much as I am my memories.

wow, too deep for FCP. sorry! lol

I never get to emotional when famous people die. Death seems to only effect me if its someone I know personally or stories about children. But the large number of famous people deaths from Gotdie Howe to Prince to Bowie to George haven't effected me at all emotionally. Sucks for sure they died but not once did I stop and think about it and feel any large emotion

But for some reason Carrie Fisher bothers me. Not sure why though.

boobs, the answer is often just boobs.

• 3 weeks later...

Bob's adventures in being a rewards points whore Sat Jan 21st edition.

How Shopper's Drug Mart made me buy Tide today when I already have a 9 month supply.

Tide on sale for $4.99 which is a great price. Today was a 20X points day if you spend at least $50 which I was going to do no problem. They also gave me a bonus coupon on Tide in my phone app so that combined with the 20X points gave me $4.76 worth of points back for buying Tide at $4.99.

Bob's adventures in being a rewards points whore Sat Jan 21st edition.

How Shopper's Drug Mart made me buy Tide today when I already have a 9 month supply.

Tide on sale for $4.99 which is a great price. Today was a 20X points day if you spend at least $50 which I was going to do no problem. They also gave me a bonus coupon on Tide in my phone app so that combined with the 20X points gave me $4.76 worth of points back for buying Tide at $4.99.

You are Chinese