Off Topic, Kinda.....

I actually think Trump winning the Republican candidacy would be a huge win for the democrats, and would be an instant cure for voter apathy. There would be millions of traditional "non-voters" that would get out of their house and vote against trump. I never vote, and I would absolutely vote in this case if I was American and trump was one of the options. I'd probably be that annoying guy trying to get all of his friends to vote, and I am literally the definition of apathetic non-voter.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

I actually think Trump winning the Republican candidacy would be a huge win for the democrats, and would be an instant cure for voter apathy. There would be millions of traditional "non-voters" that would get out of their house and vote against trump. I never vote, and I would absolutely vote in this case if I was American and trump was one of the options. I'd probably be that annoying guy trying to get all of his friends to vote, and I am literally the definition of apathetic non-voter.

In most cases that might be a slam dunk. Except for the fact the democratic candidate is a liar and has done some very shady things with classified information.

I know some democrats would do anything to keep Hillary out of the White House.

Not if trump wins the R nomination. My circle of fellow scummy Democrats are not huge Hil-Dog fans but we'll take the email fiasco over Hitler without even thinking to hard. I know many non voters getting ready to vote D. And almost half are Republican. If the R party wants to win then they have to pray someone other than Trump gets the nod. Even after that it'll be tough.

Breaking: career politician may be a liar

Yeah, pretty much all of them lie to some degree. It's funny that serge thinks Hilary is a horrific liar when Trump is destroying the field when it comes to lying while speaking. What makes you think that wouldn't carry over to lying in emails or setting policy, or doing underhanded shit?

Yeah, pretty much all of them lie to some degree. It's funny that serge thinks Hilary is a horrific liar when Trump is destroying the field when it comes to lying while speaking. What makes you think that wouldn't carry over to lying in emails or setting policy, or doing underhanded shit?

I dont know , but I dont want my President to be involved in espionage.

I am not defending Trump , I just think he is better at a lot of things than Clinton.

I dont know , but I dont want my President to be involved in espionage.

I am not defending Trump , I just think he is better at a lot of things than Clinton.

umm, President is Intelligence Officer in Chief

I honestly believe there is a 0% chance Trump becomes president, but him even being a front runner for the republican candidacy is a really bad look for America. The great Irony is the trump supporters, who are generally going to be very far right leaning, could inadvertently end up helping Clinton or another democrat candidate to become POTUS, which is really pleasing to think about.

I honestly believe there is a 0% chance Trump becomes president, but him even being a front runner for the republican candidacy is a really bad look for America. The great Irony is the trump supporters, who are generally going to be very far right leaning, could inadvertently end up helping Clinton or another democrat candidate to become POTUS, which is really pleasing to think about.

probably the biggest damage that Trump can cause is make some of the bat shit crazy bad policies of people like Ted Cruz seem reasonable. Trump is a buffoon but Cruz could be actually dangerous.

What makes everyone think Hillary Clinton will make a good president?

The answer isnt because the Trump is loony and Carson is whacko.

probably the biggest damage that Trump can cause is make some of the bat shit crazy bad policies of people like Ted Cruz seem reasonable. Trump is a buffoon but Cruz could be actually dangerous.

Yeah. Liz showed me some Cruz stuff. Yeah. Not that guy. Bush is the only R I could see myself being ok with. His issue is he's a Bush. People don't realize he's probably the most normal one. He stands no chance sadly. Him and Hil-Dog would be a good race. Well as good as this circus of poop can get.

I don't recall anyone saying Hilary Clinton would make a good president. I have no idea who would/would not make a good president. I do believe it's a generally bad idea to have any extremist, either far right, or far left in a position of political power. never mind the most powerful position in the world, never mind a complete looney bin like Trump.

• Like 1

Yeah. Liz showed me some Cruz stuff. Yeah. Not that guy. Bush is the only R I could see myself being ok with. His issue is he's a Bush. People don't realize he's probably the most normal one. He stands no chance sadly. Him and Hil-Dog would be a good race. Well as good as this circus of poop can get.

quote from somebody who had known Cruz for years. "Why do people instantly dislike Ted Cruz once they meet him ? It just saves time."

I just looked at some betting markets out of interest after this conversation, I didn't realize Hilary was basically a lock to become the Democratic nominee. Looks like Rubio is the favourite on the Republican side, I'd be interested to hear some smart people's opinions on him.

She has experience which I personally look for. First Lady for 8 years, NY senator, Sec of State. She's always been a leader and everything I've read is that she's a great mediator which I think could possibly help with making at least some headway in creating bipartisan action in congress. A big plus for me over Trump is foreign relations. As a first lady and Sec Of State she has built relationships with a lot of leaders in the world and that is much needed. Leaders have not shown much in the way of respect or desire to deal with the likes of Trump and he's pretty much said they could all eff off. I'm not comfortable with that. As the alleged "great nation" we need good relationships in the world and she brings that to the table. Another big issue for me personally is that as the working middle class her policies will benefit my family where as Trumps will send us into poverty or close to it because we are not in the 1%. That's my favorite because poor southern folks always vote Republican. They keep letting the R party shove them lower and lower. And the reason is is because they think one day they'll become the 1%. Oops.

But yeah that's why I can deal with Hil-Dog over Trump. I mean again, Trump has been called out numerous times for saying he'll do things that as President, he'll have no power to do. It's hilarious and a bit scary.

She has experience which I personally look for. First Lady for 8 years, NY senator, Sec of State. She's always been a leader and everything I've read is that she's a great mediator which I think could possibly help with making at least some headway in creating bipartisan action in congress. A big plus for me over Trump is foreign relations. As a first lady and Sec Of State she has built relationships with a lot of leaders in the world and that is much needed. Leaders have not shown much in the way of respect or desire to deal with the likes of Trump and he's pretty much said they could all eff off. I'm not comfortable with that. As the alleged "great nation" we need good relationships in the world and she brings that to the table. Another big issue for me personally is that as the working middle class her policies will benefit my family where as Trumps will send us into poverty or close to it because we are not in the 1%. That's my favorite because poor southern folks always vote Republican. They keep letting the R party shove them lower and lower. And the reason is is because they think one day they'll become the 1%. Oops.

But yeah that's why I can deal with Hil-Dog over Trump. I mean again, Trump has been called out numerous times for saying he'll do things that as President, he'll have no power to do. It's hilarious and a bit scary.

When someone like yourself gives a reason like you have, even if I dont agree with you, I can respect it.

I forgot who it was but a group that has been correct in predicting the president for a number of years has predicted Bernie Sanders will be the next president.

But there are two other people I would vote for over Hillary. But she will be the candidate so no point in discussing that.

I'm not a big voter. I don't vote everytime. This time I will most likely. I did last time as well because I had issues with Mittens that most people didn't know about but I did thanks to friends/family who went to school with him. For that reason I voted for Obama. I don't Obama as much I did early in his first term but the thing o knew about Mitt was bigger than that for me. Glad the ******* lost.

I forgot who it was but a group that has been correct in predicting the president for a number of years has predicted Bernie Sanders will be the next president.

I think its actually possible..If the FBI investigations of Hillary bring forth more damaging info, Sanders might be the Democratic nominee

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/winner

Here are odds for all candidates and non candidates at different websites..

Some goofy bets in there, like George Clooney and Michelle Obama at 500-1

I know Joe Biden has ruled himself out , but if Clinton dropped out he would be a shoo in for President...He is at 200-1

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almost all of them.

So Jin is in Junior K now and he has a pretty good class. Its 10 kids and 3 teachers. Last year the first couple months were hell. He hated going. Would cry, kick, scream as they dragged him to the classroom from my car. I hated it. Felt horrible. Every kid goes through it I am sure but it was hard for him as he has been "taken away" a few times not to go back home so I assume it was really hard for him on top of the regular going to school anxiety. After a while he loved it. His teachers last year loved him and he got good remarks and he was easily approved to come back this year. He couldn't wait for school to start which is exactly what a parent wants to hear I think. At least I did.

5 of the kids he had in PreK last year so that helped and 5 new kids. One of the kids, Rubio, is from China and he still doesn't speak english. He's a sweet kid but early on Jin would always say he was weird and he didn't like him. He said he never talked and just sat there. I reminded him on car rides back to home that it's probably hard for him and you should try and be nice. I told him how shy he was and now he has all these great friends. He always just shrugged it off. When I would ask everyday how his friends were he would just talk about the usual kids and never say anything about Rubio. Sometimes I would ask him and he would say that Rubio still doesn't talk.

A month back we had Parent Teacher conference and they mentioned wha great friends Rubio and Jin were. They told us how Rubio couldn't speak English yet (this was when we first heard about that, I always assumed he was super shy) and that Jin always invites him to the groups and tries to pay with him.That day at recess he grabbed Rubio by the hand and dragged him to the sandbox and told him they were going to dig a hole. And so Jin and Rubio dug a huge deep hole. They said Jin did a lot of talking and that Rubio just sat there with him digging the hole with a smile. That was great to hear. We had no clue. And he still doesn't say much.

Today at drop off he ran off to go inside and his teacher said that Rubio and Jin are becoming great friends. They day before they went to the Science Museum for a scavenger hunt and Jin grabbed Rubios hand and led him around showing him everything. Rubio still doesn't talk (except in Spanish class lol) but that she said they both had big smiles on their faces the whole time.

It's so great to hear that. He doesn't ever talk about it but he listened and is trying to help Rubio out. I'm pretty proud of the kid. I just thought it was a nice story and felt like posting it as a break from all this political mumbo jumbo ;)

• Like 8