Off Topic, Kinda.....

Curry is the greatest shooter in the history of basketball and so far is having the best season of any player ever. He might be the most fun player to watch on the most fun team to watch ever. I'm so happy that team is the current face of the league.

Harden is a bit of a joke since his defense is about as bad as anybody can play at times.

Kobe's selfishness directly effected how good a basketball player he was. He was a superstar personality but is not an all time great player. Probably one of the top 20 of all time but no way in the top 10. Lebron has been head and shoulders better than Kobe on the court.

I can definetely support your comments..But to sell the game Curry isnt your guy YET.....I am talking about non basketball fans and very casual fans like me...

Someone on twitter posted the other day, if Curry takes the amount of shots as Kobe he might get a 100 pts one day.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

I'm a non-basketball fan and I never gave a shit about Kobe Bryant...and still don't.

Do you give a shit about Stephen Curry?

I think he is very polarizing...Around this parts he is a God and he owns the town of LA...Some of the hatred is sour grapes , some of it maybe justified..

I think he is very polarizing...Around this parts he is a God and he owns the town of LA...Some of the hatred is sour grapes , some of it maybe justified..

Kobe fans are some of the most passionate there is no question.

He's also the 4th best Laker in the modern era.

Im always amazed at how often Serge and I disagree on sports/athletes. Luckily we agree on the important things in life. :)

I have next to no love for Kobe, and most of it has to do with his on the court selfish crap, and little to do with his off court whatever. Bob said it way better than I ever could, but I find Kobe to be a manufactured superstar in many ways.

Curry on the other hand....cant watch him enough. If I didnt have plans this Sat., would have tried whatever I could to get tickets to watch him play in person.

• Like 1

I agree. There are so many pleasurable distractions these days for the majority of people. And dwelling on the atrocities in this world is not healthy for ones state of mind. It's easier and safer to limit your involvement to a "so sad" or "god bless" and then move onto the next distraction.

Lol yeah, but it's us that is condescending right? And you're right, it is healthier to distract yourself with friends, family and the pursuit of happiness than distracting yourself with theories based on hate and fear that you have no hope of verifying and the truth of which depends on there being powerful people capable of hiding enormous truths and murder for those who find it out!

Danny, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on who killed JFK?

My thoughts: it doesn't matter. If tomorrow I found out the absolute truth, there would be basically no effect on anyone, and certainly not on me or anyone I care about. And while I absolutely agree that the truth itself is a valuable pursuit, chasing down any theory any alternative to what the courts have said is "true" would mean relying on extremely old and unreliable sources, documents, etc that have been effectively hidden by extremely powerful forces for a generation.

Lol yeah, but it's us that is condescending right? And you're right, it is healthier to distract yourself with friends, family and the pursuit of happiness than distracting yourself with theories based on hate and fear that you have no hope of verifying and the truth of which depends on there being powerful people capable of hiding enormous truths and murder for those who find it out!

Not sure how that quote is condescending.

Funny how you assume the pursuit of truth is based on hate and fear. I just like the truth. I'm crazy like that, I guess.

Danny, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on who killed JFK?

Dale, would you not be willing to share yours as Chris asked?

I would bet yours and mine on JFK would not be that far off. Therefore, I would probably be even more curious to hear your opinions on some of the more recent events.

I'm more curious to hear your thoughts, Dale.

Short version:

I believe LHO when he said he was a patsy.

I'm not sure who pulled the actual trigger/triggers but I believe there are 3 possibilities. From least likely to most likely, imo...

1. LHO was the lone shooter from the book depository.

2. LHO was the shooter in the book depository and there was another unknown shooter (or shooters) on the grassy knoll.

3. There was an unknown shooter in the book depository and another unknown shooter (or shooters) on the grassy knoll.

Regardless of which one of these scenarios is the truth (if any), I don't for a second believe the lone crazed gunman scenario.

As for the major role players who organized/funded the hit...

LBJ

CIA

David Rockefeller

Texas oil

I'll get into this if anyone is interested.

Kennedy pissed off a lot of powerful people.

I also believe the assassination of JFK was the tipping point when the US government became less about serving the people and more about serving the military industrial complex/corporations/powerful individuals.

My thoughts: it doesn't matter. If tomorrow I found out the absolute truth, there would be basically no effect on anyone, and certainly not on me or anyone I care about. And while I absolutely agree that the truth itself is a valuable pursuit, chasing down any theory any alternative to what the courts have said is "true" would mean relying on extremely old and unreliable sources, documents, etc that have been effectively hidden by extremely powerful forces for a generation.

So if the absolute truth came out you don't think it would have an affect on anything or anyone? I'm sorry, but if you truly believe that then I think you're very ignorant.

Dale, would you not be willing to share yours as Chris asked?

I would bet yours and mine on JFK would not be that far off. Therefore, I would probably be even more curious to hear your opinions on some of the more recent events.

Recent events as in the mass shootings? I've been thinking about this quite a bit and I have a theory.

Recent events as in the mass shootings? I've been thinking about this quite a bit and I have a theory.

I'm all ears.

(I really hate that expression, never say it, and it looks even worse when I type it)

I'm all ears.

(I really hate that expression, never say it, and it looks even worse when I type it)

I don't believe all these shootings are by mentally unstable individuals looking to kill innocent people and go out with a bang.

I don't believe they are people looking to strike terror into people in the name of Allah or whatever the mainstream media claims.

Think about it and, as difficult as it is, put yourself in their position.

If I'm a radicalized Muslim looking to strike terror into the American population I'm killing more than 14 people, or 22 people...

Armed with body armour and assault rifles and bombs and whatever else they could possibly have, why is the death toll so low? Think about it...if maximizing terror is your goal then why not maximize your victims? How much more difficult is it to walk into a much more crowded place and kill 100s in the same amount of time?

I think many of these shootings are very much the same as Operation Gladio which I mentioned earlier in this thread. Only now communism and communists aren't the pretend enemy but rather Muslims. So good for business!

The people are being manipulated by propoganda and the strategy of tension. When the people feel threatened who do they turn to for safety and security? The government.