Off Topic, Kinda.....

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

not all mass shootings are terrorism, in fact most are not but are more a lone mentally unstable person or persons. You are correct that most shootings in the US and Canada are of the normal domestic violence variety with criminal activity coming next.

There are frequent cases of domestic terrorism like shooting up abortion clinics etc.

We don't know the details but an organized group of probably white guys shooting up a meeting of government officials sounds like far right domestic terrorism.

1. I dont know anything about todays shootings, outside of what I read here. Been too busy, so Im not referring to today at all.

2. In this thread, there were quotes about gun violence, and number of deaths. If you are talking about those statistics, domestic terrorism is a fairly insignificant percentage of the total deaths by guns in the US. If you are arguing by getting rid of the nuts who shoot up a school is going to somehow put a real dent in gun violence, I think you would be really mistaken. While awful and heartbreaking, those are hardly the majority of gun deaths in the US.

Mass shootings: 99% of the news, 1% of the deaths

Most gun violence/deaths, ie 1 to 1: 99% of the killings, 1% of the news

Ok call me ****ing paranoid, but there's some kind of shit going on. There was an active shooter drill yesterday in San Bernardino. There were also drills going on during 911, Sandy Hook, Paris shooting...and I'm sure I'm missing some. I realize these types of drills happen quite often but this shit is just too much of a coincidence for me.

If you're ever anywhere near one of these drills I'd suggest you get the **** outta Dodge.

Or at the very least have your freaking rifle at the ready.

whats an active shooter drill?

Yes what is that?

Think of a fire drill that most office buildings and schools go through but for somebody trying to shoot people there. Go over the procedures and what people should do and what the announcements etc will be.

For example if there is an active shooter the last thing to do is pull a fire alarm or run into a common area.

They have monthly lockdown/shooting drills at Jins school. It pains me that he has to go through that and has since he was 3. They practice locking themselves in the classroom bathroom.

So I'd say there's no coorelation. It's what we do now everywhere and often.

They have monthly lockdown/shooting drills at Jins school. It pains me that he has to go through that and has since he was 3. They practice locking themselves in the classroom bathroom.

Monthly is quite a bit.

Even so, you don't think it's strange that so many of these shootings/bombings happen the same time a drill is going on?

I dont know. Maybe. But how many times isn't it happening while these drills are going on? Maybe the perpetrators are scoping it out to know when they happen much like bank robbers in movies plan ahead and find the everyday operations of what is going on before robbing the bank. I have no idea.

Have a look at @igorvolsky timeline. This is brilliant research and reporting on opportunistic politicians.

Is that the guy talking to politicians who took money from gun lobbyists?

That's certainly a possibility, but it seems like it's happening at the same time too often...Boston, Paris for example.

1 - if the attacks are planned, doing it during a drill isn't a big conspiracy, just "smart" planning...

2 - this seems like another conspiracy theory from your "truth" websites that doesn't really seem to follow any logic. It's one thing If they all happened during actual drills (probably meaningless but I guess you could come up with some theory about how the Waltons benefit or something) but how is it relevant that it happened during some but right after for other?

Our school my girls attend have a lockdown drill once or maybe twice a year. I actually walked into one last year and had no idea of what was going on (the janitor let me in). The Principal was the target and said hi to me while he was walking the hallways.

1 - if the attacks are planned, doing it during a drill isn't a big conspiracy, just "smart" planning...

2 - this seems like another conspiracy theory from your "truth" websites that doesn't really seem to follow any logic. It's one thing If they all happened during actual drills (probably meaningless but I guess you could come up with some theory about how the Waltons benefit or something) but how is it relevant that it happened during some but right after for other?

How is it smart planning to do it while a drill is going on? Seems like quite the opposite to me.

It's funny how every conspiracy theory is wrong. Seems like a great way to get away with something. I don't know how it's relevant but it sure seems relevant because it keeps happening.

It doesn't really matter though because even if there was a connection they'd still continue to get away with it because there will always be people like you with their head up their ass who will always chalk it up to conspiracy/truther/Walton shit because it's easier that way.

You may find me ridiculous for questioning or believing such things, but I find it absolutely absurd to dismiss such things so easily.

A bomb drill at the same time as the Boston Marathon bombing.

A shooting drill the same time as the Paris shooting.

On and on it goes.

It's not like this is a world where people kill people for profit or hidden agendas...

How is it smart planning to do it while a drill is going on? Seems like quite the opposite to me.

It's funny how every conspiracy theory is wrong. Seems like a great way to get away with something. I don't know how it's relevant but it sure seems relevant because it keeps happening.

It doesn't really matter though because even if there was a connection they'd still continue to get away with it because there will always be people like you with their head up their ass who will always chalk it up to conspiracy/truther/Walton shit because it's easier that way.

You may find me ridiculous for questioning or believing such things, but I find it absolutely absurd to dismiss such things so easily.

A bomb drill at the same time as the Boston Marathon bombing.

A shooting drill the same time as the Paris shooting.

On and on it goes.

It's not like this is a world where people kill people for profit or hidden agendas...

Well if most people believe there is going to be people pretending about something bad, then if that bad thing is happening, people will be slower to react.

As for the rest, if you want to continue to believe things that defy logic and evidence, you go right ahead. Most of us with our "head up our ass(es)" actually do more objective research and search for motives and logical conclusions that the Truthers and conspiracy theorists.

Well if most people believe there is going to be people pretending about something bad, then if that bad thing is happening, people will be slower to react.

As for the rest, if you want to continue to believe things that defy logic and evidence, you go right ahead. Most of us with our "head up our ass(es)" actually do more objective research and search for motives and logical conclusions that the Truthers and conspiracy theorists.

Slower to react than not being there at all? Lol ok

Defy logic? How so? Or is that just one of those ways in which you easily dismiss something or someone?

And don't assume you know how much research I've done. Once again though...easier to lump all truther and conspiracy theorists together isn't it...

Slower to react than not being there at all? Lol ok

Defy logic? How so? Or is that just one of those ways in which you easily dismiss something or someone?

And don't assume you know how much research I've done. Once again though...easier to lump all truther and conspiracy theorists together isn't it...

Who isn't being there at all? I don't really understand what you're getting at.

I was just following your lead at grouping all conspiracies as valid and important and everyone who ignores them as heads up their asses. If you'd like to discuss any in detail, I'd be happy to.

And yes, my process for deciding whether to dismiss or consider something is whether it has a reasonable logical basis.