Off Topic, Kinda.....

There were 3 teams as of last weekend I think. I heard an announcer say Leafs, Canes...and one other team I cant recall.

We are the new age of hockey!!!

Seriously, I love the lack of fighting. If they start to kill off the bs pushing and shoving after the whistle, that will help too. Let people hit cleanly without the unnecessary retribution.

Soon the game will be bs free, and so much more fun to watch for someone like me.

totally agree...It was getting ridicolous for a while..Dion Phaneuf would level someone with an awesome LEGAL body check, then some goon would fight him because his teammate got hit.

While I am 100 percent against the stage fighting that seems to be going away, I am not sure if I want the legitimate fights out of the game...Like when stars like Crosby , Phaneuf drop the gloves because of some built up animosity during the game.

I am pretty sure I can live without it though..

Hockey is a great sport that doesnt need that anymore....

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

While I am 100 percent against the stage fighting that seems to be going away, I am not sure if I want the legitimate fights out of the game...Like when stars like Crosby , Phaneuf drop the gloves because of some built up animosity during the game.

Im torn on this one.

I kind of dont want fighting at all, for many reasons, not the least of which is the players health. (especially junior players)

But I always recall how great I thought it was when during the Cup finals, Iginla+Lecavalier dropped them and went at it. Flipside of that is, I would hate for one of them to break a hand, and be out for weeks. Ruins the quality of the game to have stars injured.

Not sure, I guess Im ok with the odd fight. Agree with you though, staged stuff is silly.

Having not watched nearly as much hockey this year outside of the Minnesota games, who almost never fight until recently, it's astounding how completely ridiculous a staged fight seems when you haven't seen one in over a year. In the context of any other non-fight sport in history, hockey fights are completely unreasonable in every way.

Having not watched nearly as much hockey this year outside of the Minnesota games, who almost never fight until recently, it's astounding how completely ridiculous a staged fight seems when you haven't seen one in over a year. In the context of any other non-fight sport in history, hockey fights are completely unreasonable in every way.

on the other hand goalie fights are kinda great

Go to Bank.

See a Range Rover, (100k+) parked in the handicap spot, engine running.

As I walk beside the truck to go inside, I see an older lady in the passenger seat talking so loudly on the bluetooth I can hear every word clearly, however different language so I dont understand. Driver has obv gone inside to do some banking. I don't see any handicap sticker,I hope to see this truck long gone by the time I get back.

Spend 10-15min inside, come back to see truck still there. Out of spite, I waste another 2/3min waiting for driver to come, ready to say something. No one shows up. I think about saying something to lady in passenger seat, but I feel like she wont understand.

There was one other handicap spot, already taken. Most of the close spots were taken, Im assuming this person just couldnt be bothered to walk 30 feet from a spot farther out. Maybe they were disabled themselves, who knows. Doubt it.

I like to think of myself as a "people person", but man, I really hate people sometimes.

• Like 1

Go to Bank.

See a Range Rover, (100k+) parked in the handicap spot, engine running.

As I walk beside the truck to go inside, I see an older lady in the passenger seat talking so loudly on the bluetooth I can hear every word clearly, however different language so I dont understand. Driver has obv gone inside to do some banking. I don't see any handicap sticker,I hope to see this truck long gone by the time I get back.

Spend 10-15min inside, come back to see truck still there. Out of spite, I waste another 2/3min waiting for driver to come, ready to say something. No one shows up. I think about saying something to lady in passenger seat, but I feel like she wont understand.

There was one other handicap spot, already taken. Most of the close spots were taken, Im assuming this person just couldnt be bothered to walk 30 feet from a spot farther out. Maybe they were disabled themselves, who knows. Doubt it.

I like to think of myself as a "people person", but man, I really hate people sometimes.

I personally think it is a waste of time. I remember getting into a confrontation with a guy who was getting a Tims. He was older and kept swearing at me and telling me to get lost.

I believe in karma.

What I am disgusted in is what they were shooting at.

It's not clear yet what they were shooting at I don't think.

The facility is one for developmentally challenged people but it appears that the area of the shooting is a banquet hall that outside groups use and it might have been some sort of local and state government group having a meeting there.

This shooting seems a bit more different than others..Not a single crazy dude with an warped mind..

Looks like an organized group( 3 it looks like) that knew what they were doing..

This shooting seems a bit more different than others..Not a single crazy dude with an warped mind..

Looks like an organized group( 3 it looks like) that knew what they were doing..

the biggest terrorism threat in the US is domestic and of the far right wing variety, not Islamic and from outside the country

the biggest terrorism threat in the US is domestic and of the far right wing variety, not Islamic and from outside the country

That is partly true, but I wouldnt make a connection between right wing and terrorism..

That is partly true, but I wouldnt make a connection between right wing and terrorism..

huh, ?

Domestic US Terrorism is pretty much all of the far right variety. The connection is direct.

Not even a small percentage of right wingers are domestic terrorists but almost all domestic terrorists are on the far right in the US.

Who else is shooting up public places in the US?

I think you guys are confusing gun violence with acts of mass killings and for some reason, throwing in political leanings.

I would guess that most gun violence has little to do with politics, and everything to do other criminal activity. We dont hear about all the daily killings, because frankly, the news figures the world doesnt care about inner city violence. (read, black, African-American)

But one innocent bystander happens to be white, and a cheerleader, and CNN has breaking news on the crime, the capture, the trial and all the psycological effects on everyone in that town for the next 3 years.

I would suppose that most mass shootings are by "right wingers" because they own guns in the first place, but for all we know, they just grabbed a gun illegally and voted for Obama last time. Who cares if they are left or right.

• Like 1

Who else is shooting up public places in the US?

there are some Eco Terrorists on the left side of the spectrum and some animal rights types as well but they tend to destroy property more

I think the left right description can be a problem since somebody who is a run of the mill right wing conservative doesn't really have any connection at all to some whack job like Timothy McVeigh

I think you guys are confusing gun violence with acts of mass killings and for some reason, throwing in political leanings.

I would guess that most gun violence has little to do with politics, and everything to do other criminal activity. We dont hear about all the daily killings, because frankly, the news figures the world doesnt care about inner city violence. (read, black, African-American)

But one innocent bystander happens to be white, and a cheerleader, and CNN has breaking news on the crime, the capture, the trial and all the psycological effects on everyone in that town for the next 3 years.

I would suppose that most mass shootings are by "right wingers" because they own guns in the first place, but for all we know, they just grabbed a gun illegally and voted for Obama last time. Who cares if they are left or right.

not all mass shootings are terrorism, in fact most are not but are more a lone mentally unstable person or persons. You are correct that most shootings in the US and Canada are of the normal domestic violence variety with criminal activity coming next.

There are frequent cases of domestic terrorism like shooting up abortion clinics etc.

We don't know the details but an organized group of probably white guys shooting up a meeting of government officials sounds like far right domestic terrorism.